Sam_Carter96 Autographs

Sam_Carter96

Hey guys!

So some people in the LFCC Guest Suggestions Thread said that they wanted to see some of my signed things. It's my first time using tinypic and my first time attempting to post photos on the forum so I hope this works.

Just a bit about me and my collection before I start...

I've only just turned 22 today so I haven't been attending conventions for as long as a lot of you and I am also perhaps a bit more limited budget-wise.

Before going to university I was fortunate enough to go to about 4-5 conventions a year. During uni and over the past year now I've graduated I've only really gone to London Film and Comic Con and also the Newcastle Film and Comic Cons (but often just for 1-2 guests as the event is local). So my collection is growing slowly but steadily. Obviously if I move into a full time career then I may be able to fund more conventions.

I started going to conventions towards the end of 2011 and it just started with local events. Then it became Collectormania Milton Keynes, some events run by another company, and then eventually LFCC. When I started, I just met people from Doctor Who, and I met anyone no matter how big or how small their role. At my first events I just got all kinds of things signed...dvd covers, boxed action figures, photos etc. where as now I mainly get posters signed and I only meet people if they're main characters in Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Marvel TV Shows and Films, Lord of the Rings, Lost and Doctor Who (as listed in my bio). I'm a lot stricter in who I meet now. I do meet a few people who aren't in these things (like Carrie Fisher) but try to stick to it as best as I can. And I don't meet people who had minor roles in these things. If we take The Walking Dead as an example, I don't think I would meet anyone who'd been in under 20 episodes.

Due to my age, I didn't start watching Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead from the start, so I attended conventions that GoT/TWD cast members were at, but I hadn't seen the shows at that point so didn't meet them. So a lot of you will have autographs that I don't have.

So to kick things off, my main focus for conventions... my Game of Thrones poster!

As you'll see across the photos, I try and choose posters that a) have as much space on them as possible for autographs and b ) are not too dark/busy so that the autographs are clearer.

r0pf28.jpg

I won't name everyone who has signed it but the main people are Lena Headey, Iain Glen, Jerome Flynn, Jack Gleeson, Conleth Hill, Alfie Allen, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Natalie Dormer, Michelle Fairley, Rose Leslie, Sibel Kekilli, Carice Van Houten.

I was fortunate enough to get Michelle Fairley and Alfie Allen to sign my poster for free at theatre stage doors, but the rest are all from conventions.

I'm also working my way up gradually with it which is why there's the big white space at the top. I try and get guests to fill the gaps rather than signing too big in an empty space. I want to make sure I don't run out of space!

It's also been signed by Richard Brake since this photo was taken.

• Like 3

This is my poster for Doctor Who companions (and main people from the Torchwood team and the kids from the Sarah Jane Adventures gang).

From the new series of Doctor Who it's signed by Billie, Noel, Catherine, Jenna, Arthur, Pearl, Bernard. I have met Karen Gillan and John Barrowman but that was before I started this poster. Would really love to meet them again as well as Freema and Alex. 

It's signed by every (alive) Classic DW companion apart from Jackie Lane and Yee Jee Tso.

30c9a4w.jpg

Edited by Sam_Carter96
  • Like 3

This is my Doctors poster currently signed by 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 11. Hopefully going to be signed by 9 and 12 at LFCC.

I know he's not on this, but I'm still going to get Peter Capaldi to sign it (and Jodie and any other future Doctors).

Matt Smith signed this for free at another convention during the photo op session. 

Sorry it's not the best photo

28jczv5.jpg

• Like 3

Not too many autographs on this yet, but here's my Marvel poster. TV show characters sign on the left and movie characters sign on the right.

I know that this poster is just of Captain America but a) there weren't too many poster options that would work for all of Marvel b ) autographs show up clearly on it (as it gets more full guests could sign on Cap in silver) c) Cap is my favourite superhero.

On the right it's signed by Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Benedict Cumberbatch and Benedict Wong. Chris signed this for free when I met him while he was filming Infinity War in Durham.

On the left it's signed by Hayley Atwell, Elden Henson, Finn Jones and Jessica Henwick.

I'm only going to get it signed by the main casts of the tv shows and also people who are in more than one of the movies (so not Mads Mikkelsen, for example)

2d6qxhf.jpg

• Like 1

This poster was only started at LFCC 2016 with Laurie, and was signed by Ross at NFCC and then the rest at LFCC last year.

As I don't go to any big Walking Dead conventions, this is going to take quite a while to complete but it's a start at least.

Main characters will sign in the 'light', and the more main they are the closer to Rick they'll sign. Less main characters will sign in silver in the top right.

I really like this poster as, again, the autographs are very clear and there's a lot of space, and also from what I've seen it doesn't seem very common to get signed. Laurie Holden said she'd never signed it (or even seen it) before.

2ika2vd.jpg

• Like 1

That Game of Thrones poster is stunning, kinda make's me want to start one. Any chance of seeing some of your Lord of the Ring's autograph's? And do you have any Hobbit auto's also? I'm clearly not obsessed with LOTR and the Hobbit or anything :whistling:

11 minutes ago, Law-dono said:

That Game of Thrones poster is stunning, kinda make's me want to start one. Any chance of seeing some of your Lord of the Ring's autograph's? And do you have any Hobbit auto's also? I'm clearly not obsessed with LOTR and the Hobbit or anything :whistling:

My Return of the King dvd sleeve is signed by Sean Astin, Dominic, Billy and John Rhys Davies and the inside leaflet is signed by David Wenham but that’s all.

I do have Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis, Luke Evans but just from fanmail.

@Sam_Carter96 Wow, all your posters are amazing! Thank you so much for posting the pictures, as well as sharing your con history and all the details on sig positions, the way you organize your collection is inspiring! :o

As I’m mainly interested in Doctor Who (& spin-offs), I’m particularly jealous of your Doctor Who posters. The Classic Dalek one is so beautiful, I’m in awe :wub: Great choices for the other posters as well, stunning color contrasts, I live how vibrant and bright the Marvel one is! I’ve never attempted such complex multi signed pieces so I’m really impressed by your dedication and planning.

I relate to your history a bit as well, since over time I’ve become more selective with the Doctor Who guests I decide to meet. I wouldn’t say I only meet main characters, but I won’t meet all actors who starred in minor roles for only a few minutes in one episode like I would do in the past. Basically I meet a guest only if I’m really fond of the character they played or if they had an impact on me in any way. For instance I’m not meeting Paul Kaye or Jimmy Vee this year although they appeared briefly in DW, but I’m going to meet David Bradley. Also I relate to the budget thing because, since there aren’t many (or any) conventions in my area, I always have to travel a lot to get to cons and that limits the amount of money I can spend on autos a little.

A couple of questions just out of curiosity:

• I noticed David Bradley’s signature on your GoT poster - are you planning on getting his signature on your Doctors posters as well in place of William Hartnell’s, or you just stick to the “original” Doctors?
  • The same for David Tennant on the Marvel poster - will you get another sig from him if you have the chance, or do you avoid duplicate autos across different pieces?

Thank you again for showing us your awesome collection! :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nerd Who said:

@Sam_Carter96 Wow, all your posters are amazing! Thank you so much for posting the pictures, as well as sharing your con history and all the details on sig positions, the way you organize your collection is inspiring! :o

As I’m mainly interested in Doctor Who (& spin-offs), I’m particularly jealous of your Doctor Who posters. The Classic Dalek one is so beautiful, I’m in awe :wub: Great choices for the other posters as well, stunning color contrasts, I live how vibrant and bright the Marvel one is! I’ve never attempted such complex multi signed pieces so I’m really impressed by your dedication and planning.

I relate to your history a bit as well, since over time I’ve become more selective with the Doctor Who guests I decide to meet. I wouldn’t say I only meet main characters, but I won’t meet all actors who starred in minor roles for only a few minutes in one episode like I would do in the past. Basically I meet a guest only if I’m really fond of the character they played or if they had an impact on me in any way. For instance I’m not meeting Paul Kaye or Jimmy Vee this year although they appeared briefly in DW, but I’m going to meet David Bradley. Also I relate to the budget thing because, since there aren’t many (or any) conventions in my area, I always have to travel a lot to get to cons and that limits the amount of money I can spend on autos a little.

A couple of questions just out of curiosity:

• I noticed David Bradley’s signature on your GoT poster - are you planning on getting his signature on your Doctors posters as well in place of William Hartnell’s, or you just stick to the “original” Doctors?
  • The same for David Tennant on the Marvel poster - will you get another sig from him if you have the chance, or do you avoid duplicate autos across different pieces?

Thank you again for showing us your awesome collection! :D

Thank you :) 

1) I’m not going to get him to sign my Doctors poster- just original Doctors.

2) I don’t think I’ll get David to sign my Marvel poster. a) he’ll be expensive to meet now b ) from the marvel tv shows I only meet the very main cast, the people who’ll be in the show for multiple seasons or the whole thing, so the main hero and their sidekicks. I’d meet Rachael, Eka and Carrie-Anne from JJ but not David. For another example, I’d only meet the top 7 cast members from Agents of SHIELD (Clark, Chloe, Elizabeth, Ming-Na, Iain, Henry and Brett). Yes there are other people who’ve been main characters before like Bobbie and Hunter, but they’re not main in relation to the whole show.

I have no issues with duplicate autos from guests. Finn and Jessica are on my Marvel and GoT posters. There are a lot of guests who’d sign more than one thing (eg Jon Bernthal, Karen Gillan, Danai Gurira)

• Like 2

It's a nice collection Sam.  I too feel your pain on trying to find a Marvel poster that will cover all the different films, I settled on a arty print of Cap's Shield for the film people and a Defenders one for all the TV characters.

But yes, it's always a wise choice to pick posters that aren't too full to leave plenty of signing space without it looking fussy.

Well done, they are all fantastic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raylenth said:

It's a nice collection Sam.  I too feel your pain on trying to find a Marvel poster that will cover all the different films, I settled on a arty print of Cap's Shield for the film people and a Defenders one for all the TV characters.

But yes, it's always a wise choice to pick posters that aren't too full to leave plenty of signing space without it looking fussy.

Well done, they are all fantastic.

Thank you! 

I wish there was one that was all red with just the Marvel logo in white/silver in the middle