Holiday thread, apparently :)

6 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

You're missing my town to get the 4 biggest towns in Norway ^_^

I've been to Sweden two times. Svinesund and Göteborg.

Stavanger?

You have to travel east, closer to my area. Västerås og Stockholm

16 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Stavanger?

You have to travel east, closer to my area. Västerås og Stockholm

Yes, it's a beautiful place ^_^

I have to do some more traveling in the future! Should probably see more of my own country as well as the rest of scandinavia. Only place I've traveled the last years have been London for LFCC :WINCE:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

You know, Lithuania is close to Sweden so of course I must visit a neighbour. ^_^ 2012 I took a trip through the Baltic states, started in Tallinn and went by train and bus all the way down, from Riga to Klaipeda, Kaunas to Vilnius and from there a flight back to Stockholm. Had a fantastic time in Lithuania. I can highly recommend a visit. 

I am so happy you liked it! You can't even imagine, how many people live a lot closer to Lithuania than you (Latvia or Poland) and still don't visit, just because. :D That's why that sounded a bit out of ordinary. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Yes, it's a beautiful place ^_^

I have to do some more traveling in the future! Should probably see more of my own country as well as the rest of scandinavia. Only place I've traveled the last years have been London for LFCC :WINCE:

One day do this... ;)

Hurtigruten

31 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

I am so happy you liked it! You can't even imagine, how many people live a lot closer to Lithuania than you (Latvia or Poland) and still don't visit, just because. :D That's why that sounded a bit out of ordinary. 

They dont know what they miss! I would love to go back.

Wow guys you all do a lot of travelling and have visited so many beautiful countries, I’m so jealous :o I’d love to visit some of the countries you’re from in the future, especially Northern Europe, but my dream journey would be to the US and a very iconic convention in San Diego ^_^

My super tiny list of visited countries: France, Austria, Switzerland, and the UK (England, Wales, and Scotland).

I haven’t been to many other places mainly because I go back to the UK every year, my goal is to visit all the largest cities at least :lol: I know it might sound weird to UK users, but it’s my favourite place in the world :D Being a British literature and linguistics nerd, I’ve always wanted to visit the UK and since I had the chance I’ve never stopped. I studied in London for a term at uni on an exchange programme and it was probably the best time of my life, I think of London as sort of my adoptive city :P

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

Wow guys you all do a lot of travelling and have visited so many beautiful countries, I’m so jealous :o I’d love to visit some of the countries you’re from in the future, especially Northern Europe, but my dream journey would be to the US and a very iconic convention in San Diego ^_^

I was an exchange student in San Diego back in 1986-87.. and I visited a certain convention then. Not so iconic then..and very different from now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I was an exchange student in San Diego back in 1986-87.. and I visited a certain convention then. Not so iconic then..and very different from now.

It’s amazing how fast things change ^_^

(Like the title of this thread, it’s been a roller coaster :lol:)

1 minute ago, R4wly97 said:

I have always wanted to go to that certain convention as well but I think the sheer scale of it would freak me out:wacko: 

I know, the scale of LFCC will probably blow my mind already! :o I love small, intimate conventions, but that one in particular is a must-visit for fans just to check it off their bucket list :lol:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

One day do this... ;)

Hurtigruten

I would love to take the boat along the coast and see all the beautiful scenery ^_^ minus the boat part, I don't have sea legs :(

32 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

@VikingGrrrl Just love this Atlanterhavsveien. ^_^ Probably the most beautiful road in the world. Drive straight out in the Atlantic Ocean.

DJI_0006-7-1200x800.jpg

:wub:

3 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

I have always wanted to go to that certain convention as well but I think the sheer scale of it would freak me out:wacko: 

Same here. Would love to go there one day, but the it's soo big! So I'll settle for LFCC for now ^_^

Where I’ve been: USA, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Mauritius, Seychelles, Tenerife, Lanzarote, Majorca, Gran Canaria, Cyprus and Finland.

Where I want to go: Kenya, Brazil, India, Maldives and Japan.

Edited by R4wly97
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nerd Who said:

It’s amazing how fast things change ^_^

(Like the title of this thread, it’s been a roller coaster :lol:)

I know, the scale of LFCC will probably blow my mind already! :o I love small, intimate conventions, but that one in particular is a must-visit for fans just to check it off their bucket list :lol:

LFCC is pure excitement. Three fantastic days. Professional, wonderful crew and so much fun. I had an amazing time last year. That is why I am coming back.

• Like 3