Latest Guest Announcement - NICK CASTLE

Met him earlier on behalf of a friend. He was charging £10 for a selfie but as I got to the front of his queue his agent came along and said we aren’t allowed to charge for selfies so it’s no photos at all.

5 minutes ago, mpharris said:

Met him earlier on behalf of a friend. He was charging £10 for a selfie but as I got to the front of his queue his agent came along and said we aren’t allowed to charge for selfies so it’s no photos at all.

Really? I was hoping for a selfie on Sunday. :( Oh well, nothing we can do about it I suppose. 

He's the only reason why I'm here, and it's four hours waiting time so far - and it's Friday. God knows what it will be like tomorrow.

I haven't been here for quite a few years, but it's clear to me this event is now almost pointless without Diamond / Gold passes. I didn't buy one because I never expected to have to wait 4 or 5 hours to meet Nick Castle - next time, I'll know better :) In the meantime, I've essentially had to write off the entire day - but he will sign my Last Starfighter poster if it kills me.

4 minutes ago, MikeDonovan said:

He's the only reason why I'm here, and it's four hours waiting time so far - and it's Friday. God knows what it will be like tomorrow.

I haven't been here for quite a few years, but it's clear to me this event is now almost pointless without Diamond / Gold passes. I didn't buy one because I never expected to have to wait 4 or 5 hours to meet Nick Castle - next time, I'll know better :) In the meantime, I've essentially had to write off the entire day - but he will sign my Last Starfighter poster if it kills me.

Oh man :( Now I'm really worried about Sunday. Thanks for warning me though.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

1 hour ago, MikeDonovan said:

oh no!! 4 to 5 hrs waiting to get something signed?! Nick is the only reason i am attending too!  i cannot do this :( i am only in London for 5 hours then need to head for the train back home to Glasgow. ok i'm guaranteed my photo shoot, but i was wanting my Halloween poster signed too! fingers crossed that this is not the same scenario for tomorrow... :unsure:

Edited by charliechuck71

1 hour ago, MikeDonovan said:

mikedonovan Nick castle doesn't have a diamond or gold pass option, if there was i would have bought one had i known he was gonna be so popular! :o

4 minutes ago, charliechuck71 said:

mikedonovan Nick castle doesn't have a diamond or gold pass option, if there was i would have bought one had i known he was gonna be so popular! :o

No one has a gold pass option. Gold pass holders get the join any autograph queue without worrying about VQ tickets (except for diamond guests). Therefore, as Nick is not a diamond guest, people with a gold pass get priority in his autograph queue. 

59 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

No one has a gold pass option. Gold pass holders get the join any autograph queue without worrying about VQ tickets (except for diamond guests). Therefore, as Nick is not a diamond guest, people with a gold pass get priority in his autograph queue. 

so a gold pass entiltles you to the front of the Q for any/all guests? :o and why would you buy a gold pass if your only going for 1 guest? which in my case is Nick castle, so basically to guarantee you have to pay through the nose? :(

6 minutes ago, charliechuck71 said:

so a gold pass entiltles you to the front of the Q for any/all guests? :o and why would you buy a gold pass if your only going for 1 guest? which in my case is Nick castle, so basically to guarantee you have to pay through the nose? :(

A good pass gives you priority for any non-diamond guest, hence the price. Unfortunately if you are only going for one person then it is hard to justify the price of a good pass, but it is essentially the only way to guarantee seeing a non-diamond guest. You will just have to get a VQ ticket and see if you're lucky I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

A good pass gives you priority for any non-diamond guest, hence the price. Unfortunately if you are only going for one person then it is hard to justify the price of a good pass, but it is essentially the only way to guarantee seeing a non-diamond guest. You will just have to get a VQ ticket and see if you're lucky I'm afraid.

so i can't upgrade to a gold pass before i arrive tomorrow? its a big chance coming all the way from Glasgow 5 hrs on a train ! ( and i don't see anything on the showmasters website about gold passes and their price)

1 minute ago, charliechuck71 said:

so i can't upgrade to a gold pass before i arrive tomorrow? its a big chance coming all the way from Glasgow 5 hrs on a train ! ( and i don't see anything on the showmasters website about gold passes and their price)

Gold passes are listed under 3 day tickets in the shop, but I believe it is too late at this stage to upgrade, sorry.

1 hour ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Gold passes are listed under 3 day tickets in the shop, but I believe it is too late at this stage to upgrade, sorry.

so nick castles photoshoot is from 13.55-14.15 theres no way that will happen he will be there for hours hes this popular!!!! haha!

Just now, spengler said:

No thats why i'm asking. Hopefully he is. Last year Tobe Hooper wasnt but then they changed it because the queues were big

Ahh right ok then :D.

From the sounds of it, he doesn't appear to be today, but I'm certain that someone will see all this and then will ensure that he is for the rest of the weekend.

4 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Ahh right ok then :D.

From the sounds of it, he doesn't appear to be today, but I'm certain that someone will see all this and then will ensure that he is for the rest of the weekend.

Lets hope so. Anyone there today where abouts is Nick sitting please? (appreciate this can change for the rest of the weekend)

Edited by spengler

2 minutes ago, charliechuck71 said:

is there anyone there as we speak that can put us in the picture, and hopefully give them the heads up for saturday and sunday, or i fear a lot of people will be let down big time .

Hopefully someone who is at the event will be checking the forum at some point and will see this. On the day, if this problem is still continuing, try to find a person in a red crew shirt, they are the pit bosses, and they may be able to help.

• Thanks 2