Latest Guest Announcement - NICK CASTLE

2 minutes ago, charliechuck71 said:

ok fingers crossed this issue is resolved for tomorrow and they issue VQ tickets ( even though that wont stop the Q waiting time)

It should make the queue more organised, and it would prevent you having to physically stand in his queue for hours. So you can go off and enjoy the rest of the event whilst you are waiting. I'd be seriously surprised if VQs weren't issued over the rest of the weekend, but it would be extremely useful if someone who is already at the event has a word with a pit boss and discusses the issue with them now.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

1 hour ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

It should make the queue more organised, and it would prevent you having to physically stand in his queue for hours. So you can go off and enjoy the rest of the event whilst you are waiting. I'd be seriously surprised if VQs weren't issued over the rest of the weekend, but it would be extremely useful if someone who is already at the event has a word with a pit boss and discusses the issue with them now.

yes i totally agree, so anyone if your there seeing Nick castle today please do suggest to the pit bosses, or any organisers who are there and have internet access on their phones ;)

• Like 1

According to my info Nick was on VQ all day. The issue is he is a very slow signer and people had to wait for their VQ numbers to be called for such a long time.

I am messaging people at the venue. But I really can't proise when/if I get responses.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

According to my info Nick was on VQ all day. The issue is he is a very slow signer and people had to wait for their VQ numbers to be called for such a long time.

I am messaging people at the venue. But I really can't proise when/if I get responses.

Ok thank you very much for the help :D

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

thank you! fingers crossed

I got there in the end - was very pleased to meet him, because Last Starfighter was an extremely important film to me as a kid. It was worth the wait.

So first of all, yes of course he's on a VQ system - when I said there was a long wait, I didn't mean standing in a queue! Showmasters are generally very good at organization, and this is no exception. 

Secondly, I think the reason why the wait is so long is twofold. First, he spends in general a fair time with each person, talking, and connecting. And that's a good thing. But second, he's rather more popular than I think SM anticipated. my unscientific theory is that about 95% of his queue wants to meet him for Halloween, and with the new sequel out, I guess his name is big again.

TLDR - If you're looking to meet him tomorrow, I would strongly recommend getting there as quickly as you possibly can to get your VQ ticket. I'm sure it will be 10x as busy tomorrow!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MikeDonovan said:

I got there in the end - was very pleased to meet him, because Last Starfighter was an extremely important film to me as a kid. It was worth the wait.

So first of all, yes of course he's on a VQ system - when I said there was a long wait, I didn't mean standing in a queue! Showmasters are generally very good at organization, and this is no exception. 

Secondly, I think the reason why the wait is so long is twofold. First, he spends in general a fair time with each person, talking, and connecting. And that's a good thing. But second, he's rather more popular than I think SM anticipated. my unscientific theory is that about 95% of his queue wants to meet him for Halloween, and with the new sequel out, I guess his name is big again.

TLDR - If you're looking to meet him tomorrow, I would strongly recommend getting there as quickly as you possibly can to get your VQ ticket. I'm sure it will be 10x as busy tomorrow!

sounds awesome mate! you can thank me for him being there as i created the guest suggestion and then the new halloween was announced, now i guess it's going through the roof! Lol hopefully i'll be ok i don't get to the venue till around midday tomorrow and need to be back at london euston for 17.30pm for my train back to glasgow! so if i don't get an autograph/chat i'll be gutted!

p.s. what does TLDR stand for? :D

36 minutes ago, MikeDonovan said:

Awesome. Thanks for the info and glad you enjoyed it! Did you meet Lance and Catherine also? 

5 minutes ago, charliechuck71 said:

i hope someone managed to record Nick's talk that has just passed and up's it to YouTube, fingers crossed! had i known earlier that he was doing the talk i would have came down today instead of tomorrow...

That won't happen as you're not allowed to film during talks.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, charliechuck71 said:

so a gold pass entiltles you to the front of the Q for any/all guests? :o and why would you buy a gold pass if your only going for 1 guest? which in my case is Nick castle, so basically to guarantee you have to pay through the nose? :(

Gold passes do not go to the front.  They can join the back of any non diamond guest without a VQ.  They do not have priority

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Gold passes do not go to the front.  They can join the back of any non diamond guest without a VQ.  They do not have priority

They will also be turned away if the queue is to long, just like everyone else.

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

so in this instance gold or diamond passes don't take precedence as Nick is just an ordinary guest ok thats fair then :D

23 minutes ago, charliechuck71 said:

so in this instance gold or diamond passes don't take precedence as Nick is just an ordinary guest ok thats fair then :D

In any instance.  Golds and late arriving Diamonds should just go on the back but some crew may slot them in further down.  But they don't all automatically go to the front

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

In any instance.  Golds and late arriving Diamonds should just go on the back but some crew may slot them in further down.  But they don't all automatically go to the front

That wasn't the case in Meat Loaf's queue, all diamonds were being put in ahead of virtual queue. But he hadn't moved to virtual queue yet so I guess that was why?

5 hours ago, spengler said:

Awesome. Thanks for the info and glad you enjoyed it! Did you meet Lance and Catherine also? 

I had already met them before, some time ago :) However, I have to say, Catherine Mary Stuart still looks just about fine to me at 60!