No Diamond pass, still a chance?

Collectorbloke

Hi folks,

not been to Collectormania before but not into photos with guests, just signatures.

Diamond passes are inclusive of a photo opportunity.

Without purchasing the Diamond Pass would there still be an opportunity to get something signed by Christopher Lambert.

I have no idea as to how busy it is or will be so asking to gauge an idea.

thanks

Hi.

Most diamond pass guests do sign for some non-diamond pass holders, but that can't be guaranteed because it depends what things are like on the day.

I've met Conleth Hill, Jack Gleeson, Michael Gambon, Jeremy Renner and Steven Yeun without a diamond pass.

Your best bet is to arrive as early as possible, go straight to where he'll be signing and grab a Virtual Queuning Ticket (it's like a raffle ticket with a number on). Then keep checking during the day to see if your number has been called. You may have to stay right until the end of the day.

Sometimes your number may not have been called but the guest is currently quiet as there aren't many diamond pass holders there so they may squeeze you in if you ask. 

It's always possible to get a Diamond guest on a VQ Collector, there have been some that haven't reached VQ's or more often only a handful of them. Obviously it's not guaranteed and I have no idea how quick or slow a signer he is.  The usual advice would be to get there early to try and get a low VQ number.

Usually the harder ones to get without a Diamond pass are the ones there only 1 day and/or if they are older and known to be a slow signer.

Im travelling up from London and arrive in Birmingham by 8ish.

If its too busy am I able to buy a Diamond pass on the day for that day?

Im organised so know who I want and have items prepped in advance to literally take on the day ahead of me.

So go to the biggest queue first , once conpleted then go to others who may not have quite a queue (or whilst waiting for my VQ ticket number to come up).

• 3 weeks later...