YALC 2018

4 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Unless there's a guest in said lift. Then you'll be very politely glared at until you leave the vicinity. ;)

If it's one of the mains I think being glared at would be a luxury, I'd expect more along the lines of Image result for you shall not pass gif Until they were out of it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Unless there's a guest in said lift. Then you'll be very politely glared at until you leave the vicinity. ;)

Hmm... Spending the entire con in the lift to spend time with guests.. interesting idea.. :lol:

8 hours ago, touchthesky said:

What happens if we have a yalc ticket but an early photo op.  I always buy them out of habit but have always been able to get to the main event straight away. 

It depends on the circumstances.  If it's one of the big guests then they usually have a longer session and often a later one, so you can just go to the later session that day if there is one.  If it's a solo session that's taking place before you can access LFCC then there's nothing you can do I'm afraid.  Tickets to activities at LFCC are sold on the basis that they can take place any time from open to close, so you would be unlucky if you are doing LFCC on a YALC ticket and have an activity take place before you can get in but there is always a small possibility it may happen.  Usually if you have different timed entry tickets for the morning they will try to make sure there is a second shoot but with so many to schedule some have to go where they can and I'm not sure of the interaction between Yalc and LFCC in that case.

23 hours ago, Raylenth said:

IIRC they are free.  I can't remember much else, except that I think that the authors only sign for set hours of the day which will be announced when the schedule goes up.  I think you can get other things signed but obviously don't take the Michael.  Maybe someone who has been to it can elaborate.

22 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Yes, free (unless otherwise announced) and at least the signing someone kindly got my book signed for me you could bring your own book. But as Raylenth said, please don't show up with 20 books.

That's great thanks folks. Haha, don't worry I wouldn't do that! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3.04.2018 at 10:13 PM, Queen_Sindel said:

And to add: yes, Cecilia was accidentally missed. It will be fixed.

Just as a reminder, is she still going to be added? There was a whole batch of 20 new authors announced and she is still not on the main page :( 

On 4/4/2018 at 2:41 PM, Groge511 said:

How does it work with signings? Are they free or do you pay? Do you have to buy a book from them to get it signed? Can I bring my own book to get signed?

Re: buying the book, in 2015 when Judy Blume came she came to promote her new book so you had to buy it if you wanted to get her to sign your stuff (you could get other books signed, but you also had to have the new book with them). But if someone had already bought it outside of YALC and brought  it with them I don't think there would have been a problem.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone, 

We was wanting to know how YALC works? Is it the same as LFCC guests or is it separate talks? Or something else? 
One or two authors we'd love to meet, but never entered the YALC section before. 

Thanks, 
Matt & Hannah. 

It's not the same guests as LFCC, they have their own guests.  Generally the authors will be appearing at designated times, they won't be there all day.  It's best to follow one of the Yalc accounts and you will get notification of when they put the appearance/talk schedules up but it will be listed on the website on the Yalc tab.  Unless otherwise specified I believe they sign for free and you can take books with you, just don't give them a mass to sign.  They are usually in the top floor in their own section so all their talks happen up there as well IIRC

The 2 big authors may be on the Virtual queue system so if you want them you will need to get a ticket for them as soon as you get in from their signing desk.  If you have a Yalc ticket you can go down to LFCC but you can only get entry to the LFCC floors after 11am.

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

The 2 big authors may be on the Virtual queue system so if you want them you will need to get a ticket for them as soon as you get in from their signing desk.  If you have a Yalc ticket you can go down to LFCC but you can only get entry to the LFCC floors after 11am.

What "2 big authors" are you talking about, @Raylenth?

50 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

What "2 big authors" are you talking about, @Raylenth?

Lol, no real idea unfortunately, I just remember them being mentioned before but they weren't names I recognise so can't remember.  Hopefully someone can add and let you know.