YALC 2018

Hi, I thought I'd start a topic for YALC as I think there is no topics devoted to this part of LFCC. I would like to ask a couple questions, one might have been asked before, so sorry for that.

1. Does anyone know why only 19 guests were put on the website (while 20 announced on YALC Facebook and Twitter)? Cecilia Vinesse is missing - does that mean that she already cancelled or is there just an issue with posting her on http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com?

2. I saw there are 2 types of Three-day passes. A standard one and a YALC one. What are the differences between them? If I buy a standart one, not the YALC one, will I still be able to go to the floor where YALC is located and take part in all things going on/meet authors?

Thanks for everyone who can help ;)

1) I guess they just missed adding her.

2) There are LFCC passes and YALC passes.  You can do both area's with both tickets but there is a time exclusion.  You can't get into LFCC with a YALC ticket until an hour after opening and vice versa but after that you can come and go in both area's as you please - that's the general set up anyway, I'll check the specifics.  It's to prevent anyone taking advantage - in previous years some people bought YALC tickets to try and get a jump on getting into LFCC.

Yup, an hour, this is Friday's YALC t&c's -  (Please note that YALC ticket holders will not be able to access the rest of the show until 11.00am).

YALC has a separate entrance queue/door as well I think.

Edited by Raylenth

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

And to add: yes, Cecilia was accidentally missed. It will be fixed.

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

1) I guess they just missed adding her.

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

2) There are LFCC passes and YALC passes.  You can do both area's with both tickets but there is a time exclusion.  You can't get into LFCC with a YALC ticket until an hour after opening and vice versa but after that you can come and go in both area's as you please - that's the general set up anyway, I'll check the specifics.  It's to prevent anyone taking advantage - in previous years some people bought YALC tickets to try and get a jump on getting into LFCC.

Thanks a lot ;) I'll then stick to the LFCC one I think and go to YALC area later in the day, without any pressure :D Thanks!  

I don't spend much time there either; most of the authors I've never heard of. But sometimes they have an author that I know and interests me. Like last year they had Joanne Harris (one of the highlights for me, as she is one of my favourite authors!) and 2 years before that they had Judy Blume.

1 hour ago, Groge511 said:

How does it work with signings? Are they free or do you pay? Do you have to buy a book from them to get it signed? Can I bring my own book to get signed?

IIRC they are free.  I can't remember much else, except that I think that the authors only sign for set hours of the day which will be announced when the schedule goes up.  I think you can get other things signed but obviously don't take the Michael.  Maybe someone who has been to it can elaborate.

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It'll be marked on the floor plan if/when we get it Viking but as SKy says it's just a case of going up to the floor.

Was just wondering. Haven't figured out how to get up to it on previous cons, so don't know how to get there XD will have to go on an adventure of discovery if I have available time at this con and see if I can find it :)

12 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Was just wondering. Haven't figured out how to get up to it on previous cons, so don't know how to get there XD will have to go on an adventure of discovery if I have available time at this con and see if I can find it :)

It's normally in the smaller hall on the 2nd floor so I think you can only take the stairs/lift in the auto area which is below it.  In the same area on the ground floor.

So usual warning, yada yada yada, may not be the same this year and so on but you can see you can get the lifts/stairs against the exterior wall of the Guest area, or there's stairs the other side and one lift that links up with the ground floor as well in the other hall by the Batman display.

19 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It's normally in the smaller hall on the 2nd floor so I think you can only take the stairs/lift in the auto area which is below it.  In the same area on the ground floor.

The problem is that all the stairways in the auto area that I have located had security people, which in my mind = "You shall not pass"

(Insert Gandalf gif or image here)

2 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

The problem is that all the stairways in the auto area that I have located had security people, which in my mind = "You shall not pass"

(Insert Gandalf gif or image here)

Geez, I wish the security ppl could have some sense of humor and use ”You shall not pass” instead of looking at you like they were sitting on Mt Doom. :D

• Haha 1