Latest Guest Announcement - CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON

Just now, Queen_Sindel said:

Guys: if your post was removed there was a reason for it. If you keep reposting eventually we will have to stop hiding your posts and take further steps.

"take further steps" sounds very threatening :P Is it a more permanent solution to the problem? :BRUISED:

1 minute ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

"take further steps" sounds very threatening :P Is it a more permanent solution to the problem? :BRUISED:

Yes. It's called "temporary removal of posting rights." Two out of the six people I am referring two already had a warning to that extent, so I didn't think it was necessary to explain again.

7 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

That's the nice explanation. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Broo said:

I'm laughing at the mental image of that! :lol:

I can picture QS standing by the side of a big red button in one hand and a sign in the other saying "and don't let the door handle hit you in the b*tt on the way out"...:lol:

• Like 1

Just a quick question and apologies if this is the wrong place - so I've bought a Diamond pass for Chris. I know that includes one guaranteed autograph - if we wanted further do we then need a VQ ticket and come back later? Thank you!

1 minute ago, Ollsswoggle said:

What do people think he'll be like? Do you think he'll pose or anything for photos or put his arm around you for them? Interested to know what to expect considering this is his first time

As it's the first time it would all be speculation I'm afraid Olls, and completely based on guesses.  All you can do is see what happens when you are in the shoot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRobe said:

Just a quick question and apologies if this is the wrong place - so I've bought a Diamond pass for Chris. I know that includes one guaranteed autograph - if we wanted further do we then need a VQ ticket and come back later? Thank you!

No, unless the pass specifies you can only get 1 (like for MJF) which I don't think this did, you can buy extras when you go up Robe.

If you go up for your auto, and decide to go again later you would need a VQ as your Diamond priority access only works once, your pass will be clipped to show you have redeemed that activity.

Edited by Raylenth

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

As it's the first time it would all be speculation I'm afraid Olls, and completely based on guesses.  All you can do is see what happens when you are in the shoot.

Yeah that's fair enough, I have batch 2 so shall just watch to see how he is with those in front to judge it on the day :)

Just now, Raylenth said:

No, unless the pass specifies you can only get 1 (like for MJF) which I don't think this did, you can buy extras when you go up Robe.

That's fantastic. (sorry pardon the pun) thank you for the reply ! :) 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

I can picture QS standing by the side of a big red button in one hand and a sign in the other saying "and don't let the door handle hit you in the b*tt on the way out"...:lol:

I'm glad this image amuses you, but I really, really still hate banning people. Sometimes like tonight I sometimes have no other choice too, especially if they ignore what a mod says a handful of times.

Just now, Queen_Sindel said:

I'm glad this image amuses you, but I really, really still hate banning people. Sometimes like tonight I sometimes have no other choice too, especially if they ignore what a mod says a handful of times.

Some people just can't cope with dissapointment, just be happy for other people! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

I'm so happy for you both.  R4 as well!

Thanks, @Raylenth!

My dreams are literally comming true :wub:

The thing is, I don't have a lot of spare money left now and I am scared DP are going to sell out really fast... (I saw there were 24 batches made for Photoshoot, only 1st sold out). How do you think, when are the DP likely to sell out? How much time do I have? (Btw, is there a standard number of how many DP will be available to buy - a total number)?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Sorry, I don't envy you at all and face a similar dilemma on the facebook page I admin. It's never nice, but sometimes necessary when individuals can't listen to (what I'm sure are) fair warnings from your good self.

Edited by robmoriarty

1 minute ago, fanowaty said:

Thanks, @Raylenth!

My dreams are literally comming true :wub:

The thing is, I don't have a lot of spare money left now and I am scared DP are going to sell out really fast... (I saw there were 24 batches made for Photoshoot, only 1st sold out). How do you think, when are the DP likely to sell out? How much time do I have? (Btw, is there a standard number of how many DP will be available to buy - a total number)?

It's an impossible question to answer I'm afraid.  We don't get told how many are available and if we did we still wouldn't know how many had sold,  There's no standard timeline for how quickly tickets sell.  They will warn us if they are running low if they can, but it's not always possible as there may be a last minute surge and they sell out as they are coming to warn us.  No guest has sold out in a day.  Cumbers, MJF and Sigourney would probably be the quickest sold, most others rarely sell out in a week, let alone a month, but it's impossible to judge.

It might be an idea to buy a photoshoot so you at least have that if you can then you can upgrade to the Diamond later on if you can and if they are still available.

• Like 1

As I am only attending on Saturday, I still can't get over how much of a coup this announcement is for the company!!!

Chris IS a legend in the Doctor Who world, initiated the programme's reboot after several years away & will complete a lot of people's collection as he is a very rare signer (as in never).

There was nothing misleading about the announcement at all. The amount of people complaining about him is ridiculous.

I am so happy for the people that will get to meet Chris & I can't wait for the next lot of announcements! ^_^

• Like 2