Latest Guest Announcement - CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON

7 minutes ago, TankerT said:

Thank you very much for the response!  I now understand.  

Possibly a lack of understanding on my part as to what a "prop shoot" is.  Probably because here in the USA, it often refers to a photo shoot where they add in a prop with the guest.  As such, I made an assumption and was trying to figure it out. (As they say, UK and US are two nations separated by a common language.)

Either way, the prop shoot sounds like something fun that I haven't done before.  So that is an unexpected cool bonus!  :-)  

Thanks again!

That's OK.  There are 2 levels of prop shoots really.  Just the prop, and with guest.  The Gold pass vouchers are for the just the prop one.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I still can't believe that I am meeting the man who got me into my all time favourite tv show :D

As it's only a week away the realisation is starting to sink in and I am getting super excited :clap:

Same! After all, if it wasn't for Chris, who knows what would've happened to Doctor Who? It could've carried or cancelled, but Chris made his incarnation his own and without that, it could've been a very different feeling to the show!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

Seconded, I never have too much to say to guests myself, but I got a pleasant and polite interaction with him. When people did have something to say, he was very talkative.

I second this second.  Really pleasant and polite chat.  Also shook everyone’s hand coming up to him in the first photo shoot.

Top notch experience.

Well done to SM for persuading Chris to come, I hope he enjoyed his first ever con and may be tempted back in future.  Very sincere and welcoming in both photo and auto, I don't like to take up much of a big guest's time but told him I was an admirer of the late Peter Vaughan (they played father and son in 'Our Friends In The North' and Chris said how much Peter influenced him, particularly in the way he conducted himself.  Nice touch.

• Like 1

He was quieter when we met him at around 5pm but I think he was more drained than anything (and me being socially awkward I didn't know what to say other than "Thank you so much", "A real pleasure to meet you", etc.) He actually zoned out when with my brother but he acknowledged it and said sorry for doing it. Must really be mentally draining doing a con for the very first time.

But he was very nice and I loved his photoshoot! He took one look at my Gallifrey University t shirt, laughed and said "Ha, Gallifrey University, I love it!" One of the best moments of the con for me! The fact I got a smile and a laugh from Chris Eccleston was fantas-- aww crap, I nearly used that word! I'm glad I didn't inadvertently say that to him, but I bloody loved that moment! :D That memory will keep me smiling for a brave while!

Edited by wjbleming
Forgot to mention it was a tee shirt
  • Like 6

I’m not normally one for the extras you get with Diamond passes but I have to admit I do like the Ecclestone mug they gave out this time. A bit different from the usual travel mug. It’s not Pyrex (obviously) but it is a good hard plastic that looks quite stylish in my opinion.

2D6DDA4E-A372-42FE-B971-6D142CD82788_zps8F240E89-B6C1-48AF-B738-A64F13B7DCB9_zps

• Like 2

Christopher was amazing to meet, I wanted to be different so said I enjoyed him in Thor (which I watched the other week, and he of course was) and he thanked me so much and wished me all the best.
He also kneeled down and had a full on talk with the people in front who were in wheelchairs, spent a good 2 minutes talking to one guy about football which I thought was really lovely of him.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...