Latest Guest Announcement - CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON

Wow the DPs still haven't sold out yet, was under the impression they had lol

Going to be making an extra attempt to meet this guy, so will end up getting the DP .now I have decided to attend the event. Think if I manage to meet him I'll of met Doctors 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 12 (Would love it if you can somehow managed to announce both 10 and 11, especially 11 he was my favourite haha) Great guest, look forward to meeting him.

• Like 3

On 30/06/2018 at 3:01 PM, Sassy1988 said:

Wow the DPs still haven't sold out yet, was under the impression they had lol

Going to be making an extra attempt to meet this guy, so will end up getting the DP .now I have decided to attend the event. Think if I manage to meet him I'll of met Doctors 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 12 (Would love it if you can somehow managed to announce both 10 and 11, especially 11 he was my favourite haha) Great guest, look forward to meeting him.

I'm with you Sassy. I've met 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and War (plus 1st if you count David Bradley.) Got the DP for both Christopher and Peter so will just be missing 10 & 11...... One day.

59 minutes ago, Matty-lad said:

I'm with you Sassy. I've met 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and War (plus 1st if you count David Bradley.) Got the DP for both Christopher and Peter so will just be missing 10 & 11...... One day.

You're so lucky you've got to meet John Hurt. I had to meet him, but sadly he passed away before his scheduled appearance at one event and I never had the chance.

I've met 6, 7 and 1(David Bradley). So I'm really hyped for this year - going to meet 8, 9 and 12 :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matty-lad said:

Same here!

Don’t forget 13!

Edited by Sebster118
  • Like 1

I’m really looking forward to Eccleston as he’ll be the first new series Doctor I’ve met. Or Capaldi, depends which queue I join first ;) I just need 10 and 11 like you guys but I have also met 2 and 3. I was just a kid when I met 2 so didn’t ask for an autograph, something I still massively regret.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fanowaty said:

You're so lucky you've got to meet John Hurt. I had to meet him, but sadly he passed away before his scheduled appearance at one event and I never had the chance.

Oh I know how lucky I was. Queue was mental to meet him but made sure I wasn't leaving until I had his autograph. 

That's why I had to get the DP for Christopher. One day and 1st convention it was a no brainer. 

If we are listing Doctors, then I have met 3*, 5, 6, 7, 8, War, and 10**. Sadly I was occupied this weekend (brother in law's 40th birthday!) to make it to LFF to see Tom.

* I was quite young, and I only knew Pertwee as Worzel Gummidge at the time (before I knew he was a Doctor, I had started watching the show at the end of Tom's run), we happened to meet him in the street and have a quick chat with him.

** David was doing SDCC, and I caught him outside of the event halls between panels, enough time for a quick thank you and shake of the hand for his work on the show.

1 hour ago, wjbleming said:

That one is ok to mention as it's unavoidable essentially, as long as we don't go into detail about it, Sebster. :smile:

50 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Ok is a bit too strong... let's describe it as "can successfully be ignored if only the Abbreviation is used and no further Details are being mentioned." ;)

Apologies.

Mods, feel free to delete my post if necessary.

Meeting Christopher (and Peter Capaldi) will basically complete my list of modern Doctors, as I’ve met David Tennant and Matt Smith (well, seen in person at a panel) before. After that, need to meet Jodie Whittaker :D

I've only met the 7th and 8th Doctor, had to chance to meet Davison but that was like 5 years ago and I just began with the 2005 series, before I even had any interest in Classic Who. Gonna meet Tom Baker in the foreseeable future and ofcourse Capaldi and Eccleston at LFCC. Really excited about Eccleston, I've heard he's really nice to his fans who come to his shows at the theatre. 

7 hours ago, Kurdamoni said:

I've only ever met Sylvester McCoy :P 

Any reason why you didn't meet McGann (I think we're talking about the same convention, am I right?)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_batflash123 said:

I've only met the 7th and 8th Doctor, had to chance to meet Davison but that was like 5 years ago and I just began with the 2005 series, before I even had any interest in Classic Who. Gonna meet Tom Baker in the foreseeable future and ofcourse Capaldi and Eccleston at LFCC. Really excited about Eccleston, I've heard he's really nice to his fans who come to his shows at the theatre. 

Any reason why you didn't meet McGann (I think we're talking about the same convention, am I right?)?

I'm actually not a whovian, so I met him for his role as Radagast and Yes same convention :D

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen any updates on Mr. Eccleston's tickets.  I am somewhat surprised that there hasn't been an announcement that he is close to being sold out on anything.

That being said, I have a question.  I have both a DP and a Gold Pass.  Thus, I apparently get a voucher for a "prop" photo add-on.  If I want to use this for Mr. Eccleston, do I need to trade it in at some point with my photo shoot ticket from the DP?  Or, how does it work?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

2 minutes ago, TankerT said:

I haven't seen any updates on Mr. Eccleston's tickets.  I am somewhat surprised that there hasn't been an announcement that he is close to being sold out on anything.

That being said, I have a question.  I have both a DP and a Gold Pass.  Thus, I apparently get a voucher for a "prop" photo add-on.  If I want to use this for Mr. Eccleston, do I need to trade it in at some point with my photo shoot ticket from the DP?  Or, how does it work?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

You can't upgrade prop shoots vouchers Tanker, and it's not an add on, you can only use it on a prop shoot which will usually be £5/10 and will be something like you and Bumblebee, or you and the Tardis console if they have that this year. 

Edited by Raylenth

1 minute ago, danthomas17 said:

Do you think it would be possible for a joint Doctor shoot?

Peter & Chris 

also can we get Peter tardis shoots as well? 

#notaskingformuch 

Remember chris is only there for One day - adding an extra photoshoot is asking a lot from his schedule 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Raylenth said:

You can't upgrade prop shoots vouchers Tanker, and it's not an add on, you can only use it on a prop shoot which will usually be £5/10 and will be something like you and Bumblebee, or you and the Tardis console if they have that this year. 

I think I need to rephrase my question.

I have a DP for Mr. Eccleston, which includes a standard photo shoot.

I have a GP, which comes with a  £10 prop shoot. (I am uncertain if it is a coupon, voucher or something of the like?)

Mr. Eccleston does have a "TARDIS" photo shoot listed.

If I would like to have my photo taken as part of the TARDIS photo-shoot group, am I able to combine the two items I have to do so?  (His regular photo shoot is listed at 85 and the TARDIS photo shoot is 95 so the £10 does cover it.)

And, if I am able to do so, is there something special I need to do?  Or, do I just trade in whatever ticket/coupons I get from the two packages I purchased when I want the TARDIS photo shoot? 

(My first time at a Showmasters event so I am not 100% certain on all of their processes, but I will say so far I appreciate everyone willing to take the time to help.)

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, TankerT said:

I think I need to rephrase my question.

I have a DP for Mr. Eccleston, which includes a standard photo shoot.

I have a GP, which comes with a  £10 prop shoot. (I am uncertain if it is a coupon, voucher or something of the like?)

Mr. Eccleston does have a "TARDIS" photo shoot listed.

If I would like to have my photo taken as part of the TARDIS photo-shoot group, am I able to combine the two items I have to do so?  (His regular photo shoot is listed at 85 and the TARDIS photo shoot is 95 so the £10 does cover it.)

And, if I am able to do so, is there something special I need to do?  Or, do I just trade in whatever ticket/coupons I get from the two packages I purchased when I want the TARDIS photo shoot? 

(My first time at a Showmasters event so I am not 100% certain on all of their processes, but I will say so far I appreciate everyone willing to take the time to help.)

Thanks!

No, diamond passes are as listed and parts can't be swapped or customised - it would be a nightmare for the shop and crew knowing what everyone had,  And as I said your voucher from the Gold Pass pack can only be used on a £10 prop shoot (to use it just give it to the crew running the prop shoot you want to get).  That will be one without the guest I'm afraid.  If you want the Tardis shoot you will need to buy it on top of what you already have.

Edited by Raylenth

20 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

No, diamond passes are as listed and parts can't be swapped or customised - it would be a nightmare for the shop and crew knowing what everyone had,  And as I said your voucher from the Gold Pass pack can only be used on a £10 prop shoot.  That will be one without the guest I'm afraid.  If you want the Tardis shoot you will need to buy it on top of what you already have.

Thank you very much for the response!  I now understand.  

Possibly a lack of understanding on my part as to what a "prop shoot" is.  Probably because here in the USA, it often refers to a photo shoot where they add in a prop with the guest.  As such, I made an assumption and was trying to figure it out. (As they say, UK and US are two nations separated by a common language.)

Either way, the prop shoot sounds like something fun that I haven't done before.  So that is an unexpected cool bonus!  :-)  

Thanks again!