Latest Guest Announcement - CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON

47 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

Had to wait untill my friend paid his half of the hotel room but I finally bought my Diamond Pass :wub: I already have 3 Diamond Passes which is one more than last year and the convention is still so for away :wacko:

Congrats on your Eccleston Diamond Pass, I’m still in awe of the announcement! :wub: I have 4 DPs already and I’m starting to worry about the state of my finances - if Showmasters announce more Doctor Who guests I’ll go broke :P:P:P

• Moderators
2 hours ago, The_batflash123 said:

Had to wait untill my friend paid his half of the hotel room but I finally bought my Diamond Pass :wub: I already have 3 Diamond Passes which is one more than last year and the convention is still so for away :wacko:

1 hour ago, Nerd Who said:

Congrats on your Eccleston Diamond Pass, I’m still in awe of the announcement! :wub: I have 4 DPs already and I’m starting to worry about the state of my finances - if Showmasters announce more Doctor Who guests I’ll go broke :P:P:P

And with several months still to go and lots more amazing guests still to come, I'm sure there will be more diamond passes to be had!!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, StuartG2198 said:

And with several months still to go and lots more amazing guests still to come, I'm sure there will be more diamond passes to be had!!

That’s exactly what we hope :D (and also fear for our wallets, but that’s just a joke ;):P)

Keep up the great work Showmasters, this LFCC is looking to be the best event ever - especially for Whovians! :lol:

• Like 1

Great guest! :D

Just to clarify, as there as been two different answers to this question! If I buy a Diamond Pass, can I get another autograph whilst in the Diamond pass queue? or do I re queue with everyone else? I have two posters that I would like signed. 

Thanks for the help.

16 minutes ago, ziggy31 said:

Great guest! :D

Just to clarify, as there as been two different answers to this question! If I buy a Diamond Pass, can I get another autograph whilst in the Diamond pass queue? or do I re queue with everyone else? I have two posters that I would like signed. 

Thanks for the help.

You can buy a second auto whilst at the top of the queue, ziggy. If you leave the queue after getting your first one, you'll need a VQ ticket to rejoin. :smile:

Edited by wjbleming
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stassy said:

Is the photo shoot with the tardis, the life size model I see at cons?  Anyone know how the set up will be like i.e standing next to the tardis or is it going to be behind you in the distance?

You won't know the set up until the shoot I'm afraid Stassy. 

43 minutes ago, Stassy said:

Is the photo shoot with the tardis, the life size model I see at cons?  Anyone know how the set up will be like i.e standing next to the tardis or is it going to be behind you in the distance?

Normally it's only with the tardis console and a green screen so I don't know what they're gonna do. First time I've seen them doing a photo shoot with the exterior of the tardis.

15 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

Normally it's only with the tardis console and a green screen so I don't know what they're gonna do. First time I've seen them doing a photo shoot with the exterior of the tardis.

Ah right. I thought maybe there had been exterior shoots done previously. I've done the console shoot which was good but the blue police box is iconic. I'm thinking we'll be stood next to it with us on one side and Christopher on the other. But as Raylenth says we won't know until the day.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Stassy said:

Ah right. I thought maybe there had been exterior shoots done previously. I've done the console shoot which was good but the blue police box is iconic. I'm thinking we'll be stood next to it with us on one side and Christopher on the other. But as Raylenth says we won't know until the day.

They did shots with the exterior with Karen Gillan a good few years back - you stood in front of it a bit to the side - my pic looked like this:

KarenGillan-LFCC-2011-07-08.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, etmuse said:

They did shots with the exterior with Karen Gillan a good few years back - you stood in front of it a bit to the side - my pic looked like this:

KarenGillan-LFCC-2011-07-08.jpg

There we go.  That's actually not a bad shot, although the full length of the box would have been perfect.  Thanks for letting us get an idea.

36 minutes ago, THRESHER said:

Would be good if we could get a bit more info about the TARDIS photos. In front of a prop, even if only partially visible, sounds good but not keen if a green screen photo.

I think it will be a life size Tardis cell and a green screen behind it. ;)

Well.  This is something I never thought would happen.  Ever.  I have booked two DPs and airline tickets from the USA for this event.  Quite excited.

Edit: Also booked admission tix as well...

Edited by TankerT
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, TankerT said:

Well.  This is something I never thought would happen.  Ever.  I have booked two DPs and airline tickets from the USA for this event.  Quite excited.

Wow, and I thought I was travelling from far away to attend this con! :o Congrats, I’m sure you’ll have an amazing time meeting Chris! :D:D:D

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Good. Cos you'll need those! ;)

Welcome, tanker! Hope you have a great time in London! ^_^

Thanks.  I am looking forward to it.  I have been to London only once before.  For a small convention to meet Tom Baker with my family.  Only disappointment on this timing is that we won't be able to see a football match as it seems to be between seasons in July.  Looking forward to some pies, ales and autographs.

• Like 2

Just wondering about the Diamond Pass thing. It says one standard photo is guaranteed. Does that mean if you wanted a photo with the TARDIS you would have to purchase that separately? Seems a little unfair on the Diamond Pass purchaser after the expense involved that they don't get given the best photo option. Especially when it's only £10 more for the TARDIS photo than a normal photo. But £95 on top of a Diamond Pass would be a very hefty outlay indeed.

7 minutes ago, EvanMarshall said:

Just wondering about the Diamond Pass thing. It says one standard photo is guaranteed. Does that mean if you wanted a photo with the TARDIS you would have to purchase that separately? Seems a little unfair on the Diamond Pass purchaser after the expense involved that they don't get given the best photo option. Especially when it's only £10 more for the TARDIS photo than a normal photo. But £95 on top of a Diamond Pass would be a very hefty outlay indeed.

Hi Evan, the best option is debatable as everyone will have a different preference I'm afraid.  The contents of the pass are as described and you can't swap an element of it for something different.  So if you want the Tardis shoot you will need to buy a separate ticket for it.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Hi Evan, the best option is debatable as everyone will have a different preference I'm afraid.  The contents of the pass are as described and you can't swap an element of it for something different.  So if you want the Tardis shoot you will need to buy a separate ticket for it.

Exactly. One of the Back to the Future Diamond Passes last year got the Tombstone photoshoot with the guest, and it was a DP exclusive. We had quite a number of people who asked if they could do the regular photo with the guest instead. It's really a matter of preference for the photos.