Latest Guest Announcement - CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON

In thirteen years I have met every living Doctor Who but one... My Doctor! Now my Whovian dream has come true! Finally I am going to meet the legendary Christopher Eccleston at the London Film & Comic Con! Entry tickets, photoshoot and special TARDIS photoshoot booked! Fantastic! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Starbug said:

I meant about another doctor being announced 

SM replied to someone's facebook comment, and mentioned they were hopefully going to be the first show to have 6 doctors. When someone brought up that they only have 5, they mentioned that they were just waiting for a contract to come back before announcing a 6th.

1 hour ago, CelticRob said:

Just looking at the current lineup and with just under 4 months of mouth-watering announcements still to come, this may well be a convention that is remembered for decades to come!

I will always remember every LFCC for decades, it's the highlight of every year for me. :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CelticRob said:

I only recently rewatched Eccleston's 13 episodes and he was a far better Doctor than the impression I was left with back in 2005...

I am thoroughly delighted Showmasters have got him to attend what is shaping up to be THE event to attend in 2018.

Just looking at the current lineup and with just under 4 months of mouth-watering announcements still to come, this may well be a convention that is remembered for decades to come!

I said exactly the same thing.  Unfortunately in light of Tennant's long and extraordinary tenure as the Doctor it totally overshadowed Eccleston and in time his performance became almost very easily forgotten.  I rewatched it a while back and was delighted to find his performance was excellent, contrary to what little I remembered, he really encapsulated a man who had been through a massive trauma and lost everything but was trying to almost pretend it didn't happen.  His performance was superb.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I said exactly the same thing.  Unfortunately in light of Tennant's long and extraordinary tenure as the Doctor it totally overshadowed Eccleston and in time his performance became almost very easily forgotten.  I rewatched it a while back and was delighted to find his performance was excellent, contrary to what little I remembered, he really encapsulated a man who had been through a massive trauma and lost everything but was trying to almost pretend it didn't happen.  His performance was superb.

I love the "Everybody lives" part at the end of The Doctor Dances. One of my favourite moments. 

20 minutes ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

I love the "Everybody lives" part at the end of The Doctor Dances. One of my favourite moments. 

Same here. Was just thinking about those 2 episodes earlier on today, actually, fantastic episodes! (If you'll excuse the unintentional pun there. lol)

Eccleston was a brilliant Doctor indeed! His best scene for me is either in “Dalek” when he screams to the dalek to just kill itself, or in “Bad Wolf” when he thinks Rose is dead. Always such powerful performances when you could see the real anger or sorrow behind his mask. And his interaction with Rose is one of the best Doctor/companion relationship ever, the tone was perfect. I agree that Tennant sort of overshadowed his performance, but in some ways I still prefer Nine & Rose’s dynamic as a TARDIS team than Ten & Rose, although I love them both.

4 hours ago, tenaciouspirit said:

SM replied to someone's facebook comment, and mentioned they were hopefully going to be the first show to have 6 doctors. When someone brought up that they only have 5, they mentioned that they were just waiting for a contract to come back before announcing a 6th.

That would be cool I wonder what doctor will get announced I hope it’s David Tennent 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

It was that and the previous episode, as well as going on an errand at a nearby town that hosted a 40s themed weekend, that inspired me to cosplay as the 9th Doctor.

And Boom Town inspired me to buy steak and chips for dinner on the days I cosplayed as 9 the past 2 LFCCs. :D

13 hours ago, Nerd Who said:

Eccleston was a brilliant Doctor indeed! His best scene for me is either in “Dalek” when he screams to the dalek to just kill itself, or in “Bad Wolf” when he thinks Rose is dead. Always such powerful performances when you could see the real anger or sorrow behind his mask. And his interaction with Rose is one of the best Doctor/companion relationship ever, the tone was perfect. I agree that Tennant sort of overshadowed his performance, but in some ways I still prefer Nine & Rose’s dynamic as a TARDIS team than Ten & Rose, although I love them both.

I totally agree with you, 9 wore a leather jacket and he was the coolest dr,  and then nine and ten turned a lot more foppish,  still awesome but I would of like to see a lot more of Christopher's

• Like 1

honestly one of the greatest guests you guys have ever gotten. I don't get the hate for his prices as it may be his only con. I applaud showmasters because that must have been difficult to get him on board. as to who the 6th doctor could be, I'm betting Paul McGann (who I am desperate to meet). I don't think David or Matt would do the UK at this rate. 

Just now, jammyc1 said:

honestly one of the greatest guests you guys have ever gotten. I don't get the hate for his prices as it may be his only con. I applaud showmasters because that must have been difficult to get him on board. as to who the 6th doctor could be, I'm betting Paul McGann (who I am desperate to meet). I don't think David or Matt would do the UK at this rate. 

Jodie?

Just now, jammyc1 said:

I've noticed Paul McGann tends to alternate convention locations on a yearly basis. One year in the UK, then the next in the US. 2018 is his UK year.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Jodie?

Maybe it’s a little too soon for Jodie to start appearing at conventions as the Doctor already, before her first full episode has even aired? I have the feeling she might want to hold back on attending cons until her series has actually been released. And she might be busy with the last bits of filming, ADR, and all that.

I don’t know, I’d love to meet her as soon as possible and there’s so many questions I’d like to ask her, but it seems a little less likely possibility than the others - and I totally hope I’m take by surprise again by another unexpected announcement!

24 minutes ago, jammyc1 said:

I don't think David or Matt would do the UK at this rate. 

I, as many other fans, would be extremely happy if they decided to come even if it meant charging higher rates. They’ve been missing from UK events for quite a while, so I’d gladly pay any amount of money to meet those two again and have some proper autographs and photos.

But since they’re doing events elsewhere in the world they might have conflicting contracts that prevent them from attending this one... We shall see ^_^

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Jodie?

19 hours ago, Nerd Who said:

Maybe it’s a little too soon for Jodie to start appearing at conventions as the Doctor already, before her first full episode has even aired? I have the feeling she might want to hold back on attending cons until her series has actually been released. And she might be busy with the last bits of filming, ADR, and all that.

I don’t know, I’d love to meet her as soon as possible and there’s so many questions I’d like to ask her, but it seems a little less likely possibility than the others - and I totally hope I’m take by surprise again by another unexpected announcement!

I, as many other fans, would be extremely happy if they decided to come even if it meant charging higher rates. They’ve been missing from UK events for quite a while, so I’d gladly pay any amount of money to meet those two again and have some proper autographs and photos.

But since they’re doing events elsewhere in the world they might have conflicting contracts that prevent them from attending this one... We shall see ^_^

How you 2 doing?  

Image result for How You doing? gif

:whistling::whistling::whistling: