Big Guest Announcement - Wednesday 7pm

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

So many of the old school names would all be considered legendary but wouldn't fit any of the other categories.  I mean Angela Lansbury is certainly one, I think at one point she was the highest paid actress on TV and Jessica Fletcher was one of the biggest characters of the time - who wouldn't want to meet America's most prolific serial killer!

I would love to tell you stories about these ”old school” legends...but the forum here is probably not the best spot, met some of them through my dads aunt. They are getting fewer and fewer and new legends are taking their places. I just wish I made different choices back then, but I was very very very young so cant blame myself. :(

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Unfortunately a lot of people have 'oh, why didn't I' moments.  It's why I say to people get the guests if you can as you never know.

You can't blame yourself at all, you wouldn't have known any different.

So true, so very true. I was like 5, 6 up until 11 so it wasnt the first thing on my mind. I dont remember all of them but I was told about it. I do remember from age 7 onwards. 

I find this part of the FB clue-post to be the most interesting -- "this will most likely be their only event that they will attend."  As someone else has said, I think that eliminates the younger people.  I mean, if it was, say, Daisy Ridley, wouldn't it be more like, "if they have a good time, they may become a regular at cons"?  

So I expect it to be  someone whom, due to age or illness, is not likely to have years of con attendance ahead of them.  The other possibility, which I find somewhat more intriguing, is that it's someone for whom THIS LFCC offers a unique possibility.  Like, there's something significant about this year, or some other con guests, or just this July in London, which would make this the one-and-only con this guest would make an exception for.

No clue what that could be, but I'm enjoying totally baseless speculation.

2 hours ago, Pir8Jenny said:

I find this part of the FB clue-post to be the most interesting -- "this will most likely be their only event that they will attend."  As someone else has said, I think that eliminates the younger people.  I mean, if it was, say, Daisy Ridley, wouldn't it be more like, "if they have a good time, they may become a regular at cons"?  

So I expect it to be  someone whom, due to age or illness, is not likely to have years of con attendance ahead of them.  The other possibility, which I find somewhat more intriguing, is that it's someone for whom THIS LFCC offers a unique possibility.  Like, there's something significant about this year, or some other con guests, or just this July in London, which would make this the one-and-only con this guest would make an exception for.

Mark Hamill?

2 hours ago, Pir8Jenny said:

I would like to stick my neck out and say there are ”young ones” that I have a feeling will not be con guests at a regular basis, what do we (or they) know now. It is easy to say ”yes, this time”..but later in 25-35 years will do it again. But like you wrote, age or retirement is a factor too. But IF it is a young one and what to be believed a one chance only we have some names I would like to put forward, a guest that will make lfcc legendary.. It might not have to mean the guest is legendary but the con itself among fans will remember it as such. Like I said a brain teaser like any other, Jennifer Lawrence.. Hunger Games or perhaps something to do with Lars Croft, Alicia Vikander and perhaps both movie Lara Croft will come, Angelina Jolie. Of my knowledge not done con autos or photo ops before á la SM events.

^_^

Edited by Chris1970

6 hours ago, Oddballcron said:

yea Unfortunately Clint doesn't do these things.. if was Walken then OMG YESS!!

But remember that is kind of the point.  The guest they are announcing is someone who doesn't do these kind events.  So I'm not saying it's Clint, but anyone who 'doesn't do' is in the running.  I mean it's obviously unlikely to be most of them, as it's someone who is part of a media we collect for but still, for this guest you can consider those you would say don't so them.

26 minutes ago, Deftrix said:

Mark Hamill?

He has done plenty of events and therefore is out of the running.  I'm not saying they won't announce him at some point, just that he won't be this specific one.

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I mean it's obviously unlikely to be most of them, as it's someone who is part of a media we collect for but still, for this guest you can consider those you would say don't so them.

Walken would be a ”Pot ’o’ gold” for James Bond collectors, it is that type of media collection you mean. ^_^

17 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Walken would be a ”Pot ’o’ gold” for James Bond collectors, it is that type of media collection you mean. ^_^

Oh I know and I'm not excluding anyone automatically, just going by the phrasing of the announcement.