Big Guest Announcement - Wednesday 7pm

13 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

They are possible, but you have to remember the collections clue. I fully agree with Raylenth's sudden view change on this clue (I wonder how that happened?!) that it could just be needed for a collection rather than completing it, but what collections would Tom or Meryl be needed for? Remember, SM said that "many, many" people will be wanting them which leads me to the main collected franchises at these events.

Depends on what you collect. Tom and Meryl (as example) could land under anyones collection. And I think "many many" would not hesitate to meet Tom or Meryl (as example)

2 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

If it were Timothy Dalton, I suppose he should sign Bond items since that's what most people know him from, that and Dr Who and his theater work. Sure would be a Bond fans dream guest!

True, and Daniel Craig and Sean Connery. Both, I think, is abit absent from signing and photos. 

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Depends on what you collect. Tom and Meryl (as example) could land under anyones collection. And I think "many many" would not hesitate to meet Tom or Meryl (as example)

The quote is that "many, many people will need them to complete their collection". I guess that could be read as a general thing, but that is a collection that would never be complete. This reads as they are needed for a specific franchise/s.

Edited by Wrong Name

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

True, and Daniel Craig and Sean Connery. Both, I think, is abit absent from signing and photos. 

Sean Connery would be the absolute pinnacle of my Bond autograph collecting...but I don't think ever gonna happen....same with Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan I'm afraid...

1 minute ago, Kurdamoni said:

Sean Connery would be the absolute pinnacle of my Bond autograph collecting...but I don't think ever gonna happen....same with Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan I'm afraid...

You never know! SM have said that they never expected this guest to happen! So it could be anyone!

Except Bill Murray. It will never be Bill. (as much as I want it to be :( )

2 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

You never know! SM have said that they never expected this guest to happen! So it could be anyone!

Except Bill Murray. It will never be Bill. (as much as I want it to be :( )

Yeah I guess so.... I'm just so excited!!!! Indeed too bad, he's notorious about attending cons and not showing up and not giving auto's... Great guy tho

1 minute ago, josh-hammond said:

im still hoping for a big name potter guest....

what about maggie smith?

absolute legend, has held her own as the lead in plenty of films and would help people with potter autos as well as plenty of other things!

I second this. Maggie would be great, plus dont forget Downton Abbey.

1 minute ago, josh-hammond said:

im still hoping for a big name potter guest....

what about maggie smith?

absolute legend, has held her own as the lead in plenty of films and would help people with potter autos as well as plenty of other things!

As I have said in a previous post Dame Maggie Smith is a very good Shout there would be a lot of very happy people if it is her 

2 hours ago, Sooty said:

I would absolutely LOVE it if it is Martin Freeman.  I would definitely buy a diamond pass for him

It's not Martin, there is a factor that would disqualify him

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

In the 70’s I know he did some signings with Mark and Carrie when first Star Wars was released. But it was far from what we see at LFCC, so that might slip through the clue filter. Still keep your hope up. :D

41 years ago, time flies...

The thing is whilst we still don't know about whether book signings qualify or not as Jason is one of the biggest Star Wars fans on the planet I have to think he knows about the early signings.

28 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

They are possible, but you have to remember the collections clue. I fully agree with Raylenth's sudden view change on this clue (I wonder how that happened?!) that it could just be needed for a collection rather than completing it, but what collections would Tom or Meryl be needed for? Remember, SM said that "many, many" people will be wanting them which leads me to the main collected franchises at these events.

Well I blame you frankly.  Some valid points were raised by a few people now that we know how Showmasters always say things like 'massive' when they mean mass announcement rather than a massive name ect, so I think you point was very relevant that maybe it means the auto will be needed to complete a collection rather than getting it will complete them.  

Stupid Wrong Name and his logic.  If only there were a saying for this situation? :headscratch:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

In the 70’s I know he did some signings with Mark and Carrie when first Star Wars was released. But it was far from what we see at LFCC, so that might slip through the clue filter. Still keep your hope up. :D

41 years ago, time flies...

the clue is very specific though Chris, it says the guest has never done a signing event, which rules out Harrison

7 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

That does it..I vote Diana Rigg and I dont care how many cons she has done before. :P As a GoT fanatic I will go stir crazy! And complete my Tyrell collection :dance:

As a Bond fan, she's a great Bond girl too!! I fully endorse :P 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Tom Cruise - Wouldn't do photoshoots unless he was supplied a box to stand on.

Harrison Ford - Wouldn't agree unless he was suddenly declared bankrupt.

I bring the box. Harrison got to fix that himself, so that rules him out.