Big Guest Announcement - Wednesday 7pm

6 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I have been rethinking the 'complete collection' clue especially in light of the fact that it has possibly been removed from here.  If it is still a clue as it's still on fbook it could simply mean it's a main name that many people will need on their items rather than the last name people have been unable to get until now.

4 hours ago, Sebster118 said:

Might just be me overthinking but to complete a collection - it could mean that the rest of the cast are still alive (like some of today’s TV/film series), or those still alive have been to events in the past (such as Star Wars, Star Trek or the Doctors).

Was overthinking the whole “complete collection” thing as well, and it suddenly hit me that it might mean the guest is from a show/franchise that is now over, like some old movie sagas or classic TV shows. Because if it was still ongoing it wouldn’t complete anything, new cast members could join in the future so it wouldn’t really fit. (Harrison Ford could still fit if you consider the old Star Wars trilogies as independent and concluded.)

Still, thinking more rationally I must say I’ve taken the “complete collection” clue as a less specific hint from the start. I’m 90% sure it only means that it’s a huge name lots of people will be eager to add to their collections, not literally the last piece of their collections. So I’m with Raylenth’s new approach to the subject, but it’s fun to obsessively overthink stuff sometimes, and I really liked the “What collection would it complete???” meme while it lasted :lol::P:P:P

37 minutes ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

Martin signed at a comic con in 2012 for the first Hobbit film

Plus he’s attended many other signing events all over the world, like he’ll be doing one at an Italian festival in a few weeks. So for as much as I’d love to have Martin at this con, I’d say he doesn’t fit the clues at all and surely won’t be announced this time around :(

3 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

Was overthinking the whole “complete collection” thing as well, and it suddenly hit me that it might mean the guest is from a show/franchise that is now over, like some old movie sagas or classic TV shows. Because if it was still ongoing it wouldn’t complete anything, new cast members could join in the future so it wouldn’t really fit. (Harrison Ford could still fit if you consider the old Star Wars trilogies as independent and concluded.)

Still, thinking more rationally I must say I’ve taken the “complete collection” clue as a less specific hint from the start. I’m 90% sure it only means that it’s a huge name lots of people will be eager to add to their collections, not literally the last piece of their collections. So I’m with Raylenth’s new approach to the subject, but it’s fun to obsessively overthink stuff sometimes, and I really liked the “What collection would it complete???” meme while it lasted :lol::P:P:P

I have noticed, on myself to begin with, thst overthinking is pretty easy. So, I agree. I am with @Raylenth on this new idea.

1 hour ago, Broo said:

This is kinda why I'm hesitant to think Harrison Ford, admittedly this is only my second lfcc but I haven't seen a guest be so unanimously correctly guessed before

I think the issue is with this announcement the pool of who it can be is so small compared the usual pool of 'it could be anyone'.  The fact that they haven't done signings or photo shoots, that they will make the event legendary really really limits who it can be.  So whilst there are still a lot of names it could be, heck it's probably going to be someone we haven't even thought of, there could be a small chance that in this case, it is who we obviously think it is.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Straker94 said:

Martin Freeman is a good shout as well. I'm not sure how active he has been previously at conventions though.

Still hoping for Jack Nicholson though 

As stated before, and I would LOVE it to be him, it's not going to be :crying:

1 hour ago, cailesy said:

HOPEFULLY ITS SYLVESTER STALLONE OR MR T BUT I WILL SETTLE FOR ARNIE DANIEL RADCLIFFE COULD BE IN THE MIX BUT WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL WEDNESDAY!!!

Cailesy, it's not Arnie or Sly, they have both done events where they signed and had photo's.

Well, I have to add that I assume the events they attended are being considered the same as a normal event and aren't excluded like the private signings.

Edited by Raylenth

29 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I think the issue is with this announcement the pool of who it can be is so small compared the usual pool of 'it could be anyone'.  The fact that they haven't done signings or photo shoots, that they will make the event legendary really really limits who it can be.  So whilst there are still a lot of names it could be, heck it's probably going to be someone we haven't even thought of, there could be a small chance that in this case, it is who we obviously think it is.  :lol:

This is very true, the details of the clues given do make it a very unique announcement. It does amuse me though that the two likely possible outcomes are the extremes of "It's exactly who everyone thought of" or "It's exactly who no one thought of" :lol:

Edited by Broo
  • Like 1

I saw someone posted it early on, but i'd love for it to be Rowan Atkinson. I couldn't find any evidence of him attending another convention, and he's certainly someone who i'd imagine would be considered 'legedary' and would be hard to get for one of these. 

The only thing I couldn't see fiting is the collection thing. Even taking in the new definition of 'collection', the post suggests they've been in something that a lot of people like to collect autographs for. As popular as things like Blackadder and Mr Bean are, I can't imagine them being shows in which autographs are heavily sought after by collectors (like Star Wars, or GoT) Unless people really want him for his 'Curse of the Fatal Death' appearance XD 

Edited by tenaciouspirit

3 minutes ago, natedammit said:

It's always worth remembering that SM spend a lot less time coming up with the wording of the announcements than people on here spend deciphering every word for hidden meaning. 

Gets people talking though. :D

7 minutes ago, natedammit said:

It's always worth remembering that SM spend a lot less time coming up with the wording of the announcements than people on here spend deciphering every word for hidden meaning. 

Uh excuse you, I'll have you know that personally I spend time deciphering every letter. None of that lazy "entire word" stuff.

;););)

Edit: Possibly why I never get any guest announcement right... ;)

Edited by Broo
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mark_the_Wookiee said:

If it is Ford, that's a 1000+ diamond pass for sure, and that's on the low side if it includes a photo.
Would i get one? You're damn right i would!

If that were to be the case that would be well beyond my budget sadly

Just now, Xenomorph said:

One last thought... "They are a lead". I wonder if this means in a band (we've already had an amazing lead singer announced). 

So an actor that also leads in a band? 

Jack Black 

Jared Leto 

Mark Wahlberg 

Bruce Springsteen :dance:

• Like 2