Big Guest Announcement - Wednesday 7pm

9 minutes ago, greedo_uk said:

My money is Stallone, looks like he's over here doing some other stuff in July. Or Hayden Christensen  ( probably spelt wrong ).

It is not Stallone. We've ruled him out for the last announcement for the reasons you give, and that situation has not changed. "Other stuff" in the same timeframe sometimes means the exact opposite one would think, it can prevent an appearance.

Tbh I'm starting to wonder if it is Christopher. I mean it's suspicious that he decided to come out now with all that Doctor Who stuff recently on why he left and how he felt about the whole situation. I mean, he let EVERYTHING out, and suspicously around the same time, they announce a massive guest who's never been to cons before, would complete a collection and was a lead. Makes me wonder if Chris wants to be involved in the fandom like the rest of the Doctors, and perhaps let all this stuff out to put it behind him. I think he's about to do something Doctor Who related and he's getting this all out there now so there's no ill secrets between him or whoever he's working with to get himself back into the fandom

1 hour ago, Kyle Whisper said:

Tbh I'm starting to wonder if it is Christopher. I mean it's suspicious that he decided to come out now with all that Doctor Who stuff recently on why he left and how he felt about the whole situation. I mean, he let EVERYTHING out, and suspicously around the same time, they announce a massive guest who's never been to cons before, would complete a collection and was a lead. Makes me wonder if Chris wants to be involved in the fandom like the rest of the Doctors, and perhaps let all this stuff out to put it behind him. I think he's about to do something Doctor Who related and he's getting this all out there now so there's no ill secrets between him or whoever he's working with to get himself back into the fandom

He did those interviews because he’s doing a show for the BBC, so he was explaining what his relationship with the BBC has been in recent years and why he couldn’t work with them again immediately after Doctor Who. Still it could also mean he’s more open to the possibility of reprising his role as the Doctor in the future, and consequently attend a convention for Doctor Who fans.

After Queen’s reply I’m more confident that there’s a possibility he could actually be the secret big guest - not because of clues or anything, it’s just reassuring to know that there’s nothing against his announcement. I hope my previous posts didn’t come across the wrong way or cause any problems, sorry if that’s the case. It was just speculation and obviously veterans, mods, and staff know the dynamics behind Showmasters’s plans and guest choices far better than me. I was trying to consider the factors against his announcement to stay grounded, it was just a way not to get my hopes too high and then end up disappointed, but if Chris is announced after all I’ll be the first to rejoice and I’ll be a very happy Whovian indeed ^_^

Edited by Nerd Who

Tomorrow we will find out. Exciting to find out the name of the guests. I have done some calculations and I wont be near any tunnels on my train journey at 7pm GMT. I hope I will get a reason to celebrate when I get to Stockholm. ;)

Queen's recent comments concerning not ruling out anyone because there is already guests attending from the same fandom,makes me think she was attempting to steer people back in a certain direction(whilst sneakily never mentioning Dr Who at all),and so I conclude it's likely Chris. 

Alternatively,it could have just been a cunning plan to throw people off the scent.:P  

• Like 1

With SM I have learnt to expect the unexpected. I, for one, was surprised the last time, guests I did not expect and some a big surprise. I believe so is the case this time too, I am far from sure it is those most commonly mentioned here in this thread, we know that the correct name(s) have been said, but not when. The clues have been vague and easy to twist back and forward to fit a certain favourite, it is easy to do because I have done so myself. SM has been really good this time to hide who the new guests are, which in my world says that we are up for something very special, and perhaps not only one of the guests. We all have our hopes and wishes who they can be but if they are not in the line of your wishes (highly unlikely though ;)) let us all be happy that a huge part of us do get to meet some we wished or hoped for, SM is doing a h*ll of a job bringing all these stars and heroes together, for us. It will be a fantastic weekend in July. Just look at the line up there already!  We are all the same..real fans. So let’s have a ”party” here, as many of us as possible the hours before and after 7pm GMT tomorrow, let’s have some fun! 

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chunkymonkey_86 said:

Where do they announce it first or does it appear here twitter and Facebook at the same time?

Usually at the same time all over. At the most seconds in difference. I have found it easier to hang here at the forum when it happens.

Sometimes an actor changes their mind and realises that doing an event like this as a once off is a way of helping the fans who have never gotten a chance of completing their collection...but also as a way of enhancing their reputation.

I'd love it to be Eccleston actually...

I have never fully understood an actor's reluctance to do an event like this. It's a massively beneficial and positive experience. You are being paid handsomely for a day to be GUSHED over, thanked and to make hundreds of dedicated fans immensely happy by giving them a lifelong memory of meeting their idol...

5 hours ago, Captain_Kronos said:

Queen's recent comments concerning not ruling out anyone because there is already guests attending from the same fandom,makes me think she was attempting to steer people back in a certain direction(whilst sneakily never mentioning Dr Who at all),and so I conclude it's likely Chris. 

Alternatively,it could have just been a cunning plan to throw people off the scent.:P  

See, and this is why I keep saying I need to keep my mouth shut sometimes. Whatever I answer, people are reading things into it. :lol: I was just trying to ease people's worries that seemingly came out of nowhere. 

But yes, I did not mention Doctor Who and picked the other examples on purpose. That happened for just this very reason, people reading things into my replies. Had I used the Peter/Pearl combination instead of the two Justice guests it would have been taken as a confirmation by too many. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

43 minutes ago, CelticRob said:

Sometimes an actor changes their mind and realises that doing an event like this as a once off is a way of helping the fans who have never gotten a chance of completing their collection...but also as a way of enhancing their reputation.

I'd love it to be Eccleston actually...

I have never fully understood an actor's reluctance to do an event like this. It's a massively beneficial and positive experience. You are being paid handsomely for a day to be GUSHED over, thanked and to make hundreds of dedicated fans immensely happy by giving them a lifelong memory of meeting their idol...

I know it's kind of hard to understand for us who have more outgoing personalities. But I think some people seriously don't like the attention. Yeah, they get attention on screen and the stage too. But there seems to be a difference for some. There's one guest I am thinking of (and who I won't name for obvious reasons) who does the most hilarious talks and is so funny on stage. But whever I met them at a signing they barely say anything and are kind of grouchy. You could think it is their twin.

9 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

And as for Harrison Ford, even I have come to the realisation now that it is not gonna be him. Basically, I have no idea!

Hello, I don't find the reasons why it's not gonna be him in the numerous posts.

Can you tell please ?

10 minutes ago, john.bttf said:

Hello, I don't find the reasons why it's not gonna be him in the numerous posts.

Can you tell please ?

First and most important: it has been established that he has done an event. Ages ago when Star Wars started, but he has done one.