Big Guest Announcement - Wednesday 7pm

2 hours ago, Broo said:

Aw, I've been (greedily) hoping we might get one or two more DCEU guests in addition to Jason Momoa and Ray Fisher (not for this announcement of course) (edit: as well as Lucy Davis and Eugene Brave Rock), I hope previous announcements don't necessarily rule out other ones like this! :(

Not necessarily, probably not, I mean I don’t think there’s any rule on maximum number of guests from the same fandom. There’ll be obviously lots of minor guests from popular shows/movies, but maybe not so many leads from the same fandom, because those guests are more expensive so Showmasters might prefer bringing few leads from several fandoms to attract different fans. Or at least they might not announce them all at the same time.

What I’m trying to say is that I feel Showmasters want to bring a diverse group of guests from different fandoms, and since three big Doctor Who guests have already been announced (two of which are leads, with Peter’s announcement being still relatively recent) they might decide to focus on other fandoms now at least for a while.

Just a personal impression, obviously. And I hope I’m wrong, the more big guests the better! :D I’m sure we’ll get more Doctor Who guests, as well as more DCEU guests, but maybe if big Diamond guests have already been announced in a fandom we should be realistic and think it might be another fandom’s turn now, all I’m saying ;)

Edited by Nerd Who

9 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

2011 is the American one which normally does not count. But yes, there have been several posts saying he had done something earlier on which would count.

So that definitely rules out Ford?

Edited by Saul

Okay guys. Short summary. Just because we have a big guest (or two, or three) from one fandom does not mean there won't be others from the same area. With the two Justice League guests attending SM would never turn down Henry Cavill or Gal Gadot if they became available. That would be a more than stupid move, don't you agree?

They are trying to get a diverse guest list, yes. There are definitely plans for reunions etc. But if an opportunity like this arises then a sudden change of plans is bound to occur. Chances are that this chance never comes again.

Similar thing for people bringing up "too many small guests". SM would never tell Robert Downey jr. no because they already have 15 smaller Star Wars guests attending.

Disclaimer: this is no confirmation that the guest is an Avenger or someone from the Justice League. I've been trying to use examples that came up and tried to avoid using Harrison Ford on purpose because 80 percent of you seem to be convinced it is him, and any example I use him in is bound to be taken as confirmation. :P  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Okay guys. Short summary. Just because we have a big guest (or two, or three) from one fandom does not mean there won't be others from the same area. With the two Justice League guests attending SM would never turn down Henry Cavill or Gal Gadot if they became available. That would be a more than stupid move, don't you agree?

They are trying to get a diverse guest list, yes. There are definitely plans for reunions etc. But if an opportunity like this arises then a sudden change of plans is bound to occur. Chances are that this chance never comes again.

Similar thing for people bringing up "too many small guests". SM would never tell Robert Downey jr. no because they already have 15 smaller Star Wars guests attending.

Disclaimer: this is no confirmation that the guest is an Avenger or someone from the Justice League. I've been trying to use examples that came up and tried to avoid using Harrison Ford on purpose because 80 percent of you seem to be convinced it is him, and any example I use him in is bound to be taken as confirmation. :P  

This was incredibly kind of you to clarify on this @Queen_Sindel thank you :)

Do people comprehend the cost that it would take to Harrison Ford to do a convention?

He does private signings and  the cost for a autograph is $600+  and that’s without you meeting him. So will be people really be prepared to pay probably in a region of £600 +?

Just now, Orange-juice said:

Do people comprehend the cost that it would take to Harrison Ford to do a convention?

He does private signings and  the cost for a autograph is $600+  and that’s without you meeting him. So will be people really be prepared to pay probably in a region of £600 +?

Honestly, I'd be fine with that.

I have actually run out of ideas so now I am just happy with anyone, the sooner the better coz my brain hurts :lol::P

Even IF the main superduper guest is not in my line there will be more the same day and that is as equally exciting

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Orange-juice said:

Also some of that money is going to the people arranging the private signing.  Not saying he won't be very expensive if he ever does another event but I think you would find a lot of people would pay it to get an in person auto from him.

3 hours ago, Orange-juice said:

The problem is there is only so many people this  can be and he does fit the criteria.

The Person is a lead

They will complete people’s collection

They have never  done a convention 

another person but but I don’t know if they have done paid signings is Martin freeman as they have had Benedict. 

Remember that it's been argued that the collection thing may not refer to completing collections, just that people will need it if they want the full cast - it could be either.  Martin is a grey area as whilst I would lovvvvve it to be him, i doubt it and it's grey as he may not qualify for the not having done another event clue.

38 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

And not that it would matter... I thought it had finally been established now that it is very unlikely that the announcement is Harrison Ford? ;) There's been a lot of people giving a lot of reasons why not. :lol:

So it is Harrison Ford, then, yeah? ;)

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Orange-juice said:

Tricky question, but I would most likely pass, but like @Raylenth wrote, it might be a different matter here than a private one. But I will deside when I see it, so far we know nothing of it.

Edited by Chris1970