Big Guest Announcement - Wednesday 7pm

4 minutes ago, RomeroSavini said:

Hey I was also ordered to not talk to him after I noticed. Extras dont mingle with the money haha

But hey next time he needs to shave ;-) then I may notice him.

That is true, I remember reading an account written by an extra, of what it's like, and they wrote about how great it was, how they got to mingle with the leads and chat to them and I thought - yeah, right!

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

That is true, I remember reading an account written by an extra, of what it's like, and they wrote about how great it was, how they got to mingle with the leads and chat to them and I thought - yeah, right!

It was for the one reason to rule them all - No distracting them. They may forget lines, be rehearing in their heads etc... So fairly understandable.

I wish I had just talked to them all haha Even when at risk tossing off a set.

Still hope James Cameron wad mentioned. I want him haha

3 hours ago, Orange-juice said:

It’s so going to be Eccleston as the other doctors have all done conventions so he would be the final one and he has never done conventions before and he will complete people’s collection on Dr Who. Also somebody has guessed the correct name so im convinced  it’s him more so than ever. The only issue would he he can only do the Sunday but that could be why he agreed to it.

He fits all the clues perfectly and for some reason Showmasters holds the show in great esteem as Capaldi was totally hyped up as well. Also the fact that  Capaldi is also doing it as well so two doctors at the same show.

3 hours ago, Marty Mcfly said:

The clues do seem to match Ecclestone but I wouldnt have thought it would be a legendary announcement apart for Doctor Who fans.

I really want to believe it could be Christopher Eccleston, I’d be extremely happy with that announcement and buy a DP straight away. Still I’m not completely convinced, it feels more like wishful thinking, and here’s all the reasons why it won’t be him:

- On the one hand Chris would be a huge drive for Doctor Who fans and completists who want his autograph, and it’d be definitely a unique announcement since he’s never attended any type of fan events at all. On the other hand, is the Eccleston fan base big enough to justify all this hype? I mean, he’s done many amazing productions and shows, and his acting is definitely legendary, but he’s not that popular among non-Whovians. He’s been in a Marvel movie but I’m not even sure how many Marvel fans would be really interested in meeting him for that role. I don’t think he’d be regular movie fans’ first choice. Does it really fit clues like “Many many of the fans will need this person’s autograph”, “Will make so many of you fans happy” or “Very important guest in our hobby”? He’s not even the most popular of Doctors, like Capaldi is way more popular than him and his announcement wasn’t this hyped up. Even Tennant or Smith would definitely be more “legendary” people to meet for the average Who fan.

- Three big Doctor Who guests have already been announced, with Peter Capaldi being a huge incentive to attend this con for so many Whovians worldwide, so does the Who fandom really need another big announcement now? Showmasters would probably want to please other fandoms as well, not just repeat themselves with another huge guest for the same fandom. So that’s why I think a Star Wars or Marvel guest is more likely, or a classic movie star.

- Most of all, Chris would be invited for his role as the Doctor, and I don’t think he wants to promote or be linked to the show in any way. He has rejected the offer to appear in the anniversary special or other productions, so why go back to the Whoniverse now for a con? I’m not doubting Showmasters’s ability to persuade guests, but if Moffat couldn’t convince him to reprise his role it seems very unlikely that he wants to do an event promoting said role.

I don’t want to sound negative or anything. I love Chris and the 9th Doctor fondly, I’d be first in line for his auto and photo op, and it’d probably be the most surprising announcement ever. But I’m just trying to be realistic so we don’t feel too disappointed after the announcement. I hope it’s him, but realistically I don’t think it’s gonna happen...

Edited by Nerd Who

I have been thinking about who this mystery world first time guest could be. With confirmation that someone has already guessed correctly I assume with everyone guessing the same it must be Christopher Eccleston (hopefully with Bille Piper) or Harrison Ford! But then I remembered in 2016 at Newbury Christopher met fans, signed autographs and took photos included with every ticket for a special talk. Plus Harrison is way too expensive to book for a convention. Meaning his autograph and photoshoot would be extortionate. I don't think it's neither. 

Edited by chugs

17 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

I really want to believe it could be Christopher Eccleston, I’d be extremely happy with that announcement and buy a DP straight away. Still I’m not completely convinced, it feels more like wishful thinking, and here’s all the reasons why it won’t be him:

- On the one hand Chris would be a huge drive for Doctor Who fans and completists who want his autograph, and it’d be definitely a unique announcement since he’s never attended any type of fan events at all. On the other hand, is the Eccleston fan base big enough to justify all this hype? I mean, he’s done many amazing productions and shows, and his acting is definitely legendary, but he’s not that popular among non-Whovians. He’s been in a Marvel movie but I’m not even sure how many Marvel fans would be really interested in meeting him for that role. I don’t think he’d be regular movie fans’ first choice. Does it really fit clues like “Many many of the fans will need this person’s autograph”, “Will make so many of you fans happy” or “Very important guest in our hobby”? He’s not even the most popular of Doctors, like Capaldi is way more popular than him and his announcement wasn’t this hyped up. Even Tennant or Smith would definitely be more “legendary” people to meet for the average Who fan.

- Three big Doctor Who guests have already been announced, with Peter Capaldi being a huge incentive to attend this con for so many Whovians worldwide, so does the Who fandom really need another big announcement now? Showmasters would probably want to please other fandoms as well, not just repeat themselves with another huge guest for the same fandom. So that’s why I think a Star Wars or Marvel guest is more likely, or a classic movie star.

- Most of all, Chris would be invited for his role as the Doctor, and I don’t think he wants to promote or be linked to the show in any way. He has rejected the offer to appear in the anniversary special or other productions, so why go back to the Whoniverse now for a con? I’m not doubting Showmasters’s ability to persuade guests, but if Moffat couldn’t convince him to reprise his role it seems very unlikely that he wants to do an event promoting said role.

I don’t want to sound negative or anything. I love Chris and the 9th Doctor fondly, I’d be first in line for his auto and photo op, and it’d probably be the most surprising announcement ever. But I’m just trying to be realistic so we don’t feel too disappointed after the announcement. I hope it’s him, but realistically I don’t think it’s gonna happen...

The problem is there is only so many people this  can be and he does fit the criteria.

The Person is a lead

They will complete people’s collection

They have never  done a convention 

another person but but I don’t know if they have done paid signings is Martin freeman as they have had Benedict. 

25 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

Three big Doctor Who guests have already been announced, with Peter Capaldi being a huge incentive to attend this con for so many Whovians worldwide, so does the Who fandom really need another big announcement now? Showmasters would probably want to please other fandoms as well, not just repeat themselves with another huge guest for the same fandom. So that’s why I think a Star Wars or Marvel guest is more likely, or a classic movie star.

Aw, I've been (greedily) hoping we might get one or two more DCEU guests in addition to Jason Momoa and Ray Fisher (not for this announcement of course) (edit: as well as Lucy Davis and Eugene Brave Rock), I hope previous announcements don't necessarily rule out other ones like this! :(

Besides, I would think adding more names from within a particular fandom would only encourage more folks to attend? In a "okay I was thinking of going but now I HAVE to go" kinda way?

Edited by Broo

4 hours ago, Orange-juice said:

It’s so going to be Eccleston as the other doctors have all done conventions so he would be the final one and he has never done conventions before and he will complete people’s collection on Dr Who. Also somebody has guessed the correct name so im convinced  it’s him more so than ever. The only issue would he he can only do the Sunday but that could be why he agreed to it.

He fits all the clues perfectly and for some reason Showmasters holds the show in great esteem as Capaldi was totally hyped up as well. Also the fact that  Capaldi is also doing it as well so two doctors at the same show.

That would make it 3 colin baker is going lol

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:19 AM, Nerd Who said:

For a moment I thought Peter Capaldi would be the biggest guest this year, and after today’s post from SM I feel a bit silly :lol::P but also feel really privileged to be able to attend this historic event at all, it’s going to be even more epic than I anticipated :D

I can’t wait for this huge guest to be revealed, I hope me and everyone else who guessed Christopher Eccleston is right :o But I’m also looking forward to all the other “minor” guests who’ll be announced at the same time, you never know what surprises might be in store and even less famous names could make someone’s week - I know a few smaller guests who’d make me very happy ^_^

OH yeah, as much as I was excited about Peter Capaldi being announced. Jewel Staite on same day was the one that got me booking tickets

I'm of the view it's a well known director not an actor.  As they take the lead in every film.  To truly complete a collection you need to get the director's signature as well. 

Probably completely wrong but I thought I'd just add my two penneth worth to the discussion.. :)

1 minute ago, Jabberwocky50 said:

I'm of the view it's a well known director not an actor.  As they take the lead in every film.  To truly complete a collection you need to get the director's signature as well. 

Probably completely wrong but I thought I'd just add my two penneth worth to the discussion.. :)

I think you actually might be right.

But I still think it's an actor/actress just because there are mostly actors on LFCC.

4 minutes ago, Jabberwocky50 said:

If they ever got Spielberg I think I'd die from excitement