Big Guest Announcement - Wednesday 7pm

2 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

Do we describe him as 'legendary' tho? I dunno...;)

A wee thought is that the announcement is legendary, and the guest would be big/very big/humongous/delicious, going by the wording of the pre-announcement announcement. I agree, whilst it probably wouldn't be Dan, the wording changes things a wee bit. :smile:

2 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

A wee thought is that the announcement is legendary, and the guest would be big/very big/humongous/delicious, going by the wording of the pre-announcement announcement. I agree, whilst it probably wouldn't be Dan, the wording changes things a wee bit. :smile:

It's all a matter of perspective ofcource, lots of meanings to be given to one single sentence :P but it's true, the characters portrayed by this actor might be considered legendary ;)

Was it mentioned that there was going to be another guest (not on the same scale) announced? I'm sure it was but i wouldnt put it past me to have imagined that. Anyway, if it was, have we had any clues? Could we have any? :)

7 minutes ago, Broo said:

Was it mentioned that there was going to be another guest (not on the same scale) announced? I'm sure it was but i wouldnt put it past me to have imagined that. Anyway, if it was, have we had any clues? Could we have any? :)

If there were more than 500 likes on facebook, they would announce another guest yes :P with more than 5000 likes I think that will happen now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kurdamoni said:

If there were more than 500 likes on facebook, they would announce another guest yes :P with more than 5000 likes I think that will happen now. 

Haha oh nice! :)

Can we get clues then pretty please?? 

1 minute ago, Broo said:

Haha oh nice! :)

Can we get clues then pretty please?? 

I would give us all the clues we want, but sadly I think we've been given a lot of clues in the announcement already...I think they might give a way a lot now with more clues...:unsure:

Just now, Kurdamoni said:

I would give us all the clues we want, but sadly I think we've been given a lot of clues in the announcement already...I think they might give a way a lot now with more clues...:unsure:

Clues for the smaller guest announcement? I thought we'd only had one for the massive one?

Hugh Jackman & Zac Efron? For me, it would be for 'The Greatest Showman' which I saw 5 times at the cinema. Such a great film. If it was Harrison Ford, I may have to get my first Diamond Pass for any of them. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

Do we describe him as 'legendary' tho? I dunno...;)

I've said it before that I know everyone's interpretation is different but I think in this case it possibly would be.  The HP franchise is huge and to get the lead really would be a massive achievement.  I know you can argue the 'legendary' status, I don't think he has the 'legendary' status of a lot of stars the way we think of it or why they are labelled so as it's obviously so connected to longevity of career and being in many very well known films.  But if they did manage to get him, I do think it would be huge.

28 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

That is a good point.  We do generally have a record of misinterpreting the phrasing and I myself have often said that when they say 'massive' ect it often relates to the amount of people they are announcing rather than it being a massive name. It doesn't mean people haven't guessed right as they often have, but it's good to remember we often are completely wrong with the wording :D

24 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

23 minutes ago, Broo said:

Queen can only give clues if authorised to do so, last time there was a mass announcement I remember her saying that they only told her about a few of them.  I'd say the fact that she hasn't given us any clues means she doesn't have permission to do so this time.

Just now, Raylenth said:

That is a good point.  We do generally have a record of misinterpreting the phrasing and I myself have often said that when they say 'massive' ect it often relates to the amount of people they are announcing rather than it being a massive name. It doesn't mean people haven't guessed right as they often have, but it's good to remember we often are completely wrong with the wording :D

Very true, the legendary point only twigged on me when I read about it on FB either yesterday or Saturday. :smile: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sooty said:

I would absolutely LOVE it if it is Martin Freeman.  I would definitely buy a diamond pass for him

So would others, Sooty, but he doesn't do cons. Of course, this could have changed and it could be him (he does fit the clues, completing Sherlock collections, was the lead in Hitchihikers Guide to the Galaxy, etc) but it's been deemed very unlikely.

Lots and lots have been to SDCC and not signed, so I am just going to lean back now and wait for Wednesday to come. Plus I am going on a week long, ordered by employer, holiday the same day. :D

Edited by Chris1970