Big Guest Announcement - Wednesday 7pm

9 minutes ago, RomeroSavini said:

Sean Connery.

I win. Thanks for the free signature ;-)

Stop Getting my hopes up it's him :D Christopher Walken would be amazing too! A legend if ever there was one. 

More than ever, the clues they gave us for this announcement make it harder since we have to look outside the Con world... So we're guessing in the dark :o

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Gonna suggest a shot in the dark.. how about Sean Connery. :huh:

Nooooo I thought I was the first to say that. You beat me.

But as he retired many years ago and hates publicity and the media (and films towards the end haha). It would all slot into place thats for sure. Getting him would be rare to say the least!

57 minutes ago, RomeroSavini said:

Nooooo I thought I was the first to say that. You beat me.

But as he retired many years ago and hates publicity and the media (and films towards the end haha). It would all slot into place thats for sure. Getting him would be rare to say the least!

Haha, I wonder if we will get like this..when we are 80+, hate publicity, media, movies etc etc... :lol:

I love this thread :P...and with Monday, Tuesday and most of Wednesday still to go..what will happen.

And by 19:01 on Wednesday I have the fear it will be like the millennium bug, either nothing will happen or the forum will shut down in pain. :blink:

58 minutes ago, maxcat said:

right, so, here r my guesses:

harrison ford

jean claud van damme

gary oldman

christopher eccleston

david duchovny

Oh, good ones!

My guesses are: Harrison Ford, Robert Downey Jr., Johnny Depp or Christopher Eccleston - co two of my guesses match yours :)

• Like 2

Gary Oldman would be good one...

He's got a new film out this year also.

He's a legend in the film industry and would also complete the Harry potter signatures.

Samuel L. Jackson

He's a legend and also appeared in the Star Wars prequel trilogy and Marvel Films/TV series

8 hours ago, Pir8Jenny said:

I find this part of the FB clue-post to be the most interesting -- "this will most likely be their only event that they will attend."  As someone else has said, I think that eliminates the younger people.  I mean, if it was, say, Daisy Ridley, wouldn't it be more like, "if they have a good time, they may become a regular at cons"?  

So I expect it to be  someone whom, due to age or illness, is not likely to have years of con attendance ahead of them.  The other possibility, which I find somewhat more intriguing, is that it's someone for whom THIS LFCC offers a unique possibility.  Like, there's something significant about this year, or some other con guests, or just this July in London, which would make this the one-and-only con this guest would make an exception for.

Hmm, some interesting points.  I haven't read through this entire thread so I don't know if anyone else has already suggested this, but given that this year marks the 40th anniversary of Superman: The Movie, which was largely filmed in London, and given that we're getting Margot Kidder and Jack O'Halloran this year as well.... *maybe* Gene Hackman is on the cards?

21 minutes ago, OnTheWall said:

Hmm, some interesting points.  I haven't read through this entire thread so I don't know if anyone else has already suggested this, but given that this year marks the 40th anniversary of Superman: The Movie, which was largely filmed in London, and given that we're getting Margot Kidder and Jack O'Halloran this year as well.... *maybe* Gene Hackman is on the cards?

Gene Hackman has done book signings, so unfortunately it won't be him.

1 hour ago, **Kelsey** said:

Anyone mention Tom Cruise yet? I`m not sure if he does any Conventions????

I keep saying him haha

He is in town the same week as the con as the new Mission Impossible film is out. So the Premiere will be that week as well.

So very logical. That and he was was in the film Legend and all the clues line up to him perfectly.

Gladly I met him already, so no cash on him from me haha

Michael Caine perhaps?  I never thought his old mate Terence Stamp would have done a con, perhaps he's told him they aren't so bad after all?

Failing that, how about Nicolas Cage or Kevin Costner?  Would they qualify?  Apart from Harrison Ford, some of the legendary guesses like Julie Andrews, Maggie Smith etc would be brilliant.