Big Guest Announcement - Wednesday 7pm

Apologies for not quoting -- the thread is moving too fast and I wanted to keep up.  :)

- I thought Julie Andrews too (because of the "Ever" and the "Happy" in the clues) but she has done book signings -- quite a few, really.

- I googled whether Ian McKellen did a book signing and picked up photos of a signing he did in Los Angeles in 2002.  (It was at a book store.  I do not believe it was private.)

- (I still want to think that "hobby" line is another clue, but it appears I am alone on this.)

22 minutes ago, Orange-juice said:

I think it will be somebody British because why would a U.S actor pick here for their first ever convention when American can throw a lot more money their way?!

Because of the relationship they may have with the organiser?  It does happen so don't automatically discount it.  Richard Dean Anderson, the main character on Stargate had refused to do events for decades because of a bad experience early on.  When he finally decided to do one it was in the UK with a British organiser as she had been working behind the scenes with them for years and she was friends with a group who organised individual events for Amanda Tapping.  So she managed to persuade him to do it with these organisers and it was a huge deal to Stargate fans that he was finally doing an event.

18 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Depends on who you ask, what is legendary? For me it could be one certain guest, for you someone else, for a third a totally different one. Multi-genre cons are very much up to what you think. I am not saying DR is legendary guest, but for someone it could be. Well, we just have to wait and see on Wednesday if it is a legendary guest. In my view.

I know what you mean as it always comes up - what is big for one, isn't for another - but most reasonable people can agree on someone begin designated 'legendary'.  I have no interest in collecting SW at all but I know how amazing and momentous it would be if it's Harrison :lol:

46 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Met him in 1989, but 400-500?!..:o

Would be a bargain, current price for an "officially licensed" sitdown graph starts around 800, and goes up depending on the item, posters are over a grand.
Hence my guess of a potential diamond pass for him being 1000+.

At 500 a pop i would get everything i needed done, and i am sure plenty more people would, he would sell out in a heartbeat.

Edited by Mark_the_Wookiee

I would have thought Sir Anthony Hopkins would come under Legendary.   I just did a google and I can see the whole cast of World signing at a con, but he isn't with them. He does do panels.  I am very excited about this announcement :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Because of the relationship they may have with the organiser?  It does happen so don't automatically discount it.  Richard Dean Anderson, the main character on Stargate had refused to do events for decades because of a bad experience early on.  When he finally decided to do one it was in the UK with a British organiser as she had been working behind the scenes with them for years and she was friends with a group who organised individual events for Amanda Tapping.  So she managed to persuade him to do it with these organisers and it was a huge deal to Stargate fans that he was finally doing an event.

I know what you mean as it always comes up - what is big for one, isn't for another - but most reasonable people can agree on someone begin designated 'legendary'.  I have no interest in collecting SW at all but I know how amazing and momentous it would be if it's Harrison :lol:

True, I mean no harm with what I said but I get jumpy all the time when I hear words like legendary or super when this is so much up to taste of genre, personal thoughts and so on. I am happy for each and every guests who come to LFCC, each a legend of their own and I am lucky to be given the chance to meet them all. Harrison (IF it is him) is a legend, not only for SW but Indy and loads of other movies. So important to be prepered that it might not be the legend you think it is, hope for.

2 minutes ago, Starbug said:

Have we included book signings as official signing events to rule certain guesses then  ?

No, I think I did mention that earlier, that we don't actually know if they are counting book signings or not.  Some book signings you can get an item of your own signed but many are obviously just the book so they may not technically count.  

4 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

True, I mean no harm with what I said but I get jumpy all the time when I hear words like legendary or super when this is so much up to taste of genre, personal thoughts and so on. I am happy for each and every guests who come to LFCC, each a legend of their own and I am lucky to be given the chance to meet them all. Harrison (IF it is him) is a legend, not only for SW but Indy and loads of other movies. So important to be prepered that it might not be the legend you think it is, hope for.

Oh yes, i think in a way it won't be Harrison as it's so obvious.  Especially if you do discount book signings there are a good few names it could be.

18 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

No, I think I did mention that earlier, that we don't actually know if they are counting book signings or not.  Some book signings you can get an item of your own signed but many are obviously just the book so they may not technically count.  

Plus it can be hard to really know what someone has done over the years, especially if we stretch back to the 60’s and 70’s. Harrison did a signing (tour I am not sure, but more than once) with Mark and Carrie with the release of the first SW. But I would like to see this clue as straight never done a Con auto/photo á la SM which opens more doors for guests suggestions.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CelticRob said:

It’s always best to reign in expectations a little...Harrison Ford is arguably the biggest box office star of the last 40 years.

If Capaldi is humongous then Ford would be Earth Shattering.

Indeed, he's an absolute legend :D

• Like 1

Trying to think women as loads of blokes listed here....Judi Dench, Sharon Stone, the one who played Baby in Dirty Dancing, Oliva Newton John, Meryl Streep, Olivia Colman (would love to meet her), Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster, Glenn Close, Cate Blanchett, Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman, Diane Keaton, Liv Tyler (LOTR connection?)

Also some more guys (am trying to get this auto LOL) Al Pacino, Keano Reeves, Kevin Bacon, Brad Pitt, 

• Like 1