Big Guest Announcement - Wednesday 7pm

2 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

What about someone like JK Rowling? I know she's done signings (obviously) but she doesn't seem to have done something like comic con.

That's a tricky one.  Obviously the HP franchise is huge and as the creator she would be a big name but you don't automatically think of an author.  

15 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

That's a tricky one.  Obviously the HP franchise is huge and as the creator she would be a big name but you don't automatically think of an author.  

I'm just trying to think out of the box :P. Plus me and my Deathly Hallows tattoo are dying to meet her someday.

15 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Especially not in the context of being described as "a lead".

On a separate note, I used to live in the same area of town as JK Rowling, saw her once or twice. I am envious of her beautiful hair! <3

Just now, Broo said:

Especially not in the context of being described as "a lead".

On a separate note, I used to live in the same area of town as JK Rowling, saw her once or twice. I am envious of her beautiful hair! <3

Yes it's the clue I was discounting with this guess. Wishful thinking and all that.

• Like 1

Just now, Raylenth said:

Why not, it's a fun and frustrating game for all the family.  Ages 6+

Frustrating then fun :P

I remember someone suggested Daisy Ridley earlier, cant find it.. dunno if she has done con autos or photo ops.. perhaps exclusives and such. But a really nice add to us SW fans. And she has a lead in it.

Based on his instagram RDJ is in London right now, meaning people at SM could have taken the opportunity to make a push , meeting him in person and get the contract signed live.... 

my guesses so far

Harrison Ford

James Earl Jones

Sir Ian McKellen

Robert Downey Jr

• Like 1

For me :

3 possibilities :

Harrison Ford

Ian McKellen

James Earl Jones

"we have a big guest announcement and it is legendary!" : The 3 are legendary for me

"This will be something that people will talk about for years and look back and say this was the show where it happened."  Do you remember when Sigourney Weaver was annouced in 2015 ? "The biggest we had ever", Seems it's the same kind of annoucement.

But Harrison and Ian fit more for me for this clue.

They are a lead;

Harrison is the leader of the Millenium Faulcon

Ian leads the "fellowship of the ring", and leads the rebels mutants in X-Men.

JEJ : Darth Vader leads the Empire (with the Emperor)

They have never been to a comic con or signing event where they have signed or done photo ops anywhere in the world ever;
Its someone we never thought we would get to one of our events let alone any event anywhere

Well, I think if someone knows about one of the 3, just tell here :-)

This is a very important guest in our hobby and this will most likely be their only event that they will attend;

Jason is a huge fan of Star Wars, so... Maybe +1 for Harisson and JEJ

Many many of the fans will need this person's autograph to complete their collection.

We've seen many Star Wars guest across years at LFFC, so... +1 harisson and JEJ

We've seen guest from LOTR and X-Men, but not so many than Star Wars

So :

1) Harisson Ford

2) James Earl Jones

3) Ian McKellen

and if i'm wrong, and it's Robert Downey Junior... AMAZING !!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mazzamoo said:

Could it be Dwayne Johnson, Vin Diesel or Andrew Lincoln?  I know they have been to Cons, but not sure they have ever done Fan photo sessions or Signings.

Andrew Lincoln has done photo's and auto's

26 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Frustrating then fun :P

I remember someone suggested Daisy Ridley earlier, cant find it.. dunno if she has done con autos or photo ops.. perhaps exclusives and such. But a really nice add to us SW fans. And she has a lead in it.

She would be a popular guest, but again, would her announcement make this event Legendary?  The only way I see that happening is if they announce all the other main names along side her.  Like when they had all the Hobbits.

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

She would be a popular guest, but again, would her announcement make this event Legendary?  The only way I see that happening is if they announce all the other main names along side her.  Like when they had all the Hobbits.

Also, didn't Showmasters say on facebookk that they expected this to be this guests only con ever? They would have to have pretty amazing foresight to make that claim about someone young like her.

Edited by tenaciouspirit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Andrew Lincoln has done photo's and auto's

Depends on who you ask, what is legendary? For me it could be one certain guest, for you someone else, for a third a totally different one. Multi-genre cons are very much up to what you think. I am not saying DR is legendary guest, but for someone it could be. Well, we just have to wait and see on Wednesday if it is a legendary guest. In my view.

4 minutes ago, Orange-juice said:

I think it will be somebody British because why would a U.S actor pick here for their first ever convention when American can throw a lot more money their way?!

Because it's London baby!

<insert gif of Joey Tribbiani>