Big Guest Announcement - Wednesday 7pm

30 minutes ago, Chunkymonkey_86 said:

Hoping so bad its harrison ford my 5 month old is called Oscar Indiana Jones after him.  this would be fate for him to go this year 

If it is Harrison, that's my Indiana Jones box signed for sure!! :o

1 hour ago, Khalessi Kate said:

Emilia Clarke and Kit Harrington 

These have been a few folks' guesses and honestly they would be amazing guests - they're brilliant actors and hugely popular - but the tone of the announcement post was very much 'we never thought this person would be a guest at our event or any event' and 'them attending will be the stuff of legend'. I don't think that Kit or Emilia fit this. It very much sounds as though this person has been a household name for a substantial amount of time and has been on everyone's wish lists, organisers included, for many years.

Just my take though :)

It’s the same kind of announcement as MJF a few years ago so I think we are looking at some kind of legendary movie actor like Harrison Ford. As big as guests like Andrew Lincoln, Ecclestone, Duchovny or GOT guests are to some people I have a feeling this will be someone that is wide regarded as legendary rather than just that fan base.

Or I could be completely wrong!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Marty Mcfly said:

It’s the same kind of announcement as MJF a few years ago so I think we are looking at some kind of legendary movie actor like Harrison Ford. As big as guests like Andrew Lincoln, Ecclestone, Duchovny or GOT guests are to some people I have a feeling this will be someone that is wide regarded as legendary rather than just that fan base.

Or I could be completely wrong!

Also many of the names have already been discounted as they have done events before.  That makes is slightly easier to narrow the list.

20 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Also many of the names have already been discounted as they have done events before.  That makes is slightly easier to narrow the list.

True I think we need to be looking for a great actor of actress…Pierce Brosnan? :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Sebster118 said:

Don’t know if it counts as an event but I know from one website that Harrison Ford did a private signing on one occasion.

Also of note that this does not seem to be a Diamond-only guest.

Don't make me regret posting this. ;) This is not a confirmation, I got no clue myself. Just because a mod says this it is not confirmation that it is Harrison Ford.

Private Signings have never been considered signing events in the announcements. Also unless I missed something major Diamond Pass was previously never mentioned in the announcement of Diamond Pass guests.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

Not to confuse ppl or stir things up, but a question only..out of curiosity..has there been DP- guests only in LFCC history?

Only just one to my knowledge - Michael J Fox.

I remember the pre-announcement on Facebook post saying he’d be a Diamond-only guest.

Last year’s Collectormania had Pele as a Diamond-only but can’t remember if the pre-announcement said this.

• Thanks 1

Might just be me overthinking but to complete a collection - it could mean that the rest of the cast are still alive (like some of today’s TV/film series), or those still alive have been to events in the past (such as Star Wars, Star Trek or the Doctors).

This is just my thought and I could be wrong so let’s keep on guessing until we find out who it is on Wednesday.

7 minutes ago, Sebster118 said:

Might just be me overthinking but to complete a collection - it could mean that the rest of the cast are still alive (like some of today’s TV/film series), or those still alive have been to events in the past (such as Star Wars, Star Trek or the Doctors).

This is just my thought and I could be wrong so let’s keep on guessing until we find out who it is on Wednesday.

I get the feeling it is in general, still with us or not, but done cons in the passed, but this one has not and will complete a collection for many..and maybe just not only SM events. Just my thought.

1 hour ago, Broo said:

These have been a few folks' guesses and honestly they would be amazing guests - they're brilliant actors and hugely popular - but the tone of the announcement post was very much 'we never thought this person would be a guest at our event or any event' and 'them attending will be the stuff of legend'. I don't think that Kit or Emilia fit this. It very much sounds as though this person has been a household name for a substantial amount of time and has been on everyone's wish lists, organisers included, for many years.

Just my take though :)

Kit and Emilia have signed with the rest of the GoT cast at an event in America on at least two separate occasions.

15 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Imagine if we spent the whole time guessing and making suggestions on who it could be and when the guest is revealed it turns out none of us were even close with our guesses :P

That's pretty much every pre announcement thread anyway.  Only once in the history of pre announcements have I been right.  I have never otherwise even been close

• Like 1