Big Guest Announcement - Wednesday 7pm

2 minutes ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

By midnight tonight the font size will be so big that each letter of your post will take up a whole page of the thread! :D

Just imagine what this forum will be like after we know who it is.. those fonts you dont want to mess with in a dark alley.

Edited by Chris1970

Just now, Cyrus said:

The first name which came to my mind, when reading the clues, is Sean Bean.

He's the lead in "Legends" and also one of the leads in "LOTR", which could hint to the completion of some collections. He is in GOT as well.

I have no idea if he has done any signings or anything.

He’s done one in america this year

Just now, WayneLee said:

Mr T for a completion of A team fandom

Though big, i'm not sure the A Team would fir most people's definition of Legenadary and there are going to be a heck of a lot of people who don't have most of the rest of the cast?

4 minutes ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

He’s done one in america this year

Then it's not him ;)

Thanks for clearing that up!

My second guess and personally favourite, is Scarlett :P 

If't it's not her, than Bryan Cranston, Arnie, Sly, Al or any of them action legends :D

Edited by Cyrus
typo

Just now, Cyrus said:

Than it's not him ;)

Thanks for clearing that up!

My second guess and personally favourite, is Scarlett :P 

SIf't it's not her, than Bryan Cranston, Arnie, Sly, Al or any of them action legends :D

Sly and Arnie are doing events and have done them before.

Also as to Scarlett, Al P or others What collection would they complete? :)

Just now, Sam_Carter96 said:

The passive aggressive smile really makes these replies.

I actually didn't mean it as passive aggressive, I just meant to stress I'm not actually shouting at people :lol:  I guess it didn't work though.

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

Sly and Arnie are doing events and have done them before.

Also as to Scarlett, Al P or others What collection would they complete? :)

Will it ever be complete... that's more the question. You can not say that this guest or guests will complete any collection as I m sure there are more guests which you can add to "this" collection.

But you are right, I can not answer that question... I need more hints :D

Too bad about Sly and Arnie.

15 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Yeah, not sure if Matt's done them over here but he's def done US ones.

Matt attended at least another con in London a few years ago where I saw him, and others events around Europe as well.

I agree with everyone saying Christopher Eccleston. He fits all clues well, and it’d be huge news since he’s always avoided conventions in the past. Also he’ll be doing a play in Stratford-upon-Avon all summer, he might have a weekend off during LFCC and decided to attend since he’s in the area.

I hope it’s Chris soooo much, I’d really be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet him, I don’t see him ever doing cons regularly. At the same time I’m not really confident about this because he’s always been strongly against conventions & fans events even in recent months. I’m sure he appreciate his fans but he doesn’t seem the type to do conventions at all. Also he’d be invited mainly for his role as the Doctor, and he’s made very clear that he doesn’t want to be associated with Doctor Who any longer, he’s spoken harshly about his time on the show even a few days ago. So it seems very unlikely to me even though I hope it’s him. Anyway his appearance would definitely justify Showmasters’s excitement and big words on today’s post.

If it’s not Chris, and if we consider the “complete their collection” line not literally but as in “add a very valuable piece to their collection” (Raylenth don’t get mad at me please :P), my guesses are:

• Robert Downey Jr. (for the reasons everyone else has already said, mainly since the new Avengers movie will be huge this year and SM has previously shared trailers on their page)
  • Jude Law (he stars in Fantastic Beasts out this year, and he’s definitely a legendary actor)
  • David Suchet (he’s a national treasure, if a think of any truly legendary actorS his name immediately comes to my mind together with Maggie Smith, Ian McKellen & few others...)

In any case, it’s definitely going to be a multiple guest announcement since SM said they’d announce more than one guest if their post got over 500 liked and it’s gone way past that. So I hope at least one of the people announced is from Doctor Who, even minor guests would make me happy :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cyrus said:

Will it ever be complete... that's more the question. You can not say that this guest or guests will complete any collection as I m sure there are more guests which you can add to "this" collection.

But you are right, I can not answer that question... I need more hints :D

Too bad about Sly and Arnie.

I only say that as it's a quote from Showmasters.  They said that on the facebook post so it's a guest who most of the rest of the cast must have been available at some point to also get.