Big Guest Announcement - Wednesday 7pm

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Hmmm.  That would make me very happy.

and me :)

I do think for them to be "legendary" it's got to be someone older, like Ian McKellan, Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Anthony Hopkins etc.

• Like 1

Would someone like to volunteer to compile a list of all of the guests that it can't be? (due to them attending conventions or signing at... the event we're not sure if we're allowed to name).

It wouldn't take very long...

:P:D

I'll start you off:

Will Smith, Samuel L Jackson, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Keifer Sutherland, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Henry Cavill, Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, Hugh Jackman...

"Many many of the fans will need this person's autograph to complete their collection" 

For this reason, I don't think that it's Daisy Ridley. I imagine that a lot of people will still need John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver etc as they haven't done conventions or signings either, so meeting Daisy wouldn't complete the collection. It won't be someone from the prequel trilogy either for the same reason. 

Harrison, on the other hand, makes more sense, as Carrie and Mark have done conventions, along with the other main original Star Wars cast. 

It has to be someone where the rest of the main cast have done events.

I don't think it can be a main Harry Potter cast member either because too many of them haven't done conventions or signings. 

"and this will most likely be their only event that they will attend" also makes me think it's someone older. If it was a younger actor, how would they know that they'd never want to attend an event in the future (eg Daisy Ridley). 

11 minutes ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

Would someone like to volunteer to compile a list of all of the guests that it can't be? (due to them attending conventions or signing at... the event we're not sure if we're allowed to name).

It wouldn't take very long...

:P:D

I'll start you off:

Will Smith, Samuel L Jackson, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Keifer Sutherland, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Henry Cavill, Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, Hugh Jackman...

I saw some people mention Chris Evans, but he's done cons too

2 minutes ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

"Many many of the fans will need this person's autograph to complete their collection" 

For this reason, I don't think that it's Daisy Ridley. I imagine that a lot of people will still need John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver etc as they haven't done conventions or signings either, so meeting Daisy wouldn't complete the collection. It won't be someone from the prequel trilogy either for the same reason. 

Harrison, on the other hand, makes more sense, as Carrie and Mark have done conventions, along with the other main original Star Wars cast. 

It has to be someone where the rest of the main cast have done events.

I don't think it can be a main Harry Potter cast member either because too many of them haven't done conventions or signings. 

"and this will most likely be their only event that they will attend" also makes me think it's someone older. If it was a younger actor, how would they know that they'd never want to attend an event in the future (eg Daisy Ridley). 

You’re getting everyone’s hopes up :wacko: if it’s not Harrison, I will hold you accountable :D

Actually I think it's a good plan for people to not assume it's Harrison, as there are a few other options it could be.  Especially as there is some debate if he has done events before.  He's certainly done private signings but there's some thought he may have done a limited signing at a previous signing at a Star Wars event.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WayneLee said:

i would love it to be Michael Palin

I'm not sure if it would count, but Michael done at least one book signing in a shop a few years ago. (Not sure if it was a one off or a tour as such)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Actually I think it's a good plan for people to not assume it's Harrison, as there are a few other options it could be.  Especially as there is some debate if he has done events before.  He's certainly done private signings but there's some thought he may have done a limited signing at a previous signing at a Star Wars event.

I agree, but not sure if it'll actually work for anyone now the thought of it being him is in their head :P

• Like 1