Big Guest Announcement - Wednesday 7pm

• Moderators

"Ok we thought this was not ever going to happen and we just closed it...on Wednesday we have a big guest announcement and it is legendary! This will be something that people will talk about for years and look back and say this was the show where it happened.

So join us at 7pm this coming Wednesday when we will announce someone that will make so many of you fans happy.

This is shaping up to be our best Comic Con EVER

Here are some clues:

They are a lead;

They have never been to a comic con or signing event where they have signed or done photo ops anywhere in the world..ever.

This person is someone we never thought we would get to one of our events let alone any event anywhere.

This is a very important guest in our hobby."

See you all Wednesday ;)

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Firstimers makes it harder to guess as you wrote ”they”.. Harrison Ford, Duchovny, Johnny Depp, RDJ...:huh:

even though, my inner hope says Scully and Moulder. Then I can die happy.

They just use 'they' to not give anything away :D

Gillian has done lots of events unfortunately so is also out.  I don't know if David has or not.

OOOoooo...

"They have never been to a comic con or signing event where they have signed or done photo ops anywhere in the world ever;" is the thing that narrows it down the most.

A lot of actors may not have done a convention but they have attended...a key event in America in the summer where they promote new releases (can I say that without naming it? Sorry if not).  A LOT of people have signed at that, even if they've never done another con. So it can't be people like Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, Hugh Jackman, Martin Freeman, Cate Blanchett,  etc. 

Robert Downey Jr didn't do the Age of Ultron signing and I can't find any photos of him doing any other signings there.

"They are a lead" makes me think they're either the lead in a V show or the lead in a series of films.

"Many many of the fans will need this person's autograph to complete their collection" so it's someone where pretty much all of the other cast have done signings . I think lot of fans will still need a lot of Marvel actors so it wouldn't really fit with Robert Downey Jr. Scarlett, for one, hasn't done a convention or an SDCC signing.

However, a lot of people may have Mark, Carrie, Daniel, Kenny, Peter etc from Star Wars and only be missing Harrison from the main cast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tompain100 said:

This thread may very well break the forum....be interesting to see how many users are online when it is announced!

I don't know who it is but I expect they are already too expensive for me.

We will hype this so much :D my wallet is already screaming ‘nooooooo’ :o

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

They just use 'they' to not give anything away :D

Gillian has done lots of events unfortunately so is also out.  I don't know if David has or not.

But they together at con is not heard of I think? Dont think he has.

Edited by Chris1970

5 minutes ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

OOOoooo...

"They have never been to a comic con or signing event where they have signed or done photo ops anywhere in the world ever;" is the thing that narrows it down the most.

A lot of actors may not have done a convention but they have attended...a key event in America in the summer where they promote new releases (can I say that without naming it? Sorry if not).  A LOT of people have signed at that, even if they've never done another con. So it can't be people like Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, Hugh Jackman, Martin Freeman, Cate Blanchett,  etc. 

Robert Downey Jr didn't do the Age of Ultron signing and I can't find any photos of him doing any other signings there.

"They are a lead" makes me think they're either the lead in a V show or the lead in a series of films.

"Many many of the fans will need this person's autograph to complete their collection" so it's someone where pretty much all of the other cast have done signings . I think lot of fans will still need a lot of Marvel actors so it wouldn't really fit with Robert Downey Jr. Scarlett, for one, hasn't done a convention or an SDCC signing.

However, a lot of people may have Mark, Carrie, Daniel, Kenny, Peter etc from Star Wars and only be missing Harrison from the main cast.

I thought the obvious one apart from Harrison is RDJ as well but Harrison fits better.

If it's not Harrison, there are going to be lots of annoyed people who got their hopes up... 

Also, I don't think I'm going to cope with having to deal with all of the guesses of people who've already done conventions. I'm going to need a lot of grace and patience between now and Wednesday.  

I took a quick glance at the Facebook comments and I saw Sigourney Weaver, Michael J Fox, Henry Cavill, Liv Tyler, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston... A quick google will reveal that they have already done a con!!

I think I'm just going to have to avoid the Facebook comments and pretend that there aren't any :P

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

I don't think it's Harrison Ford. 

He's done SDCC  by the looks of things.

He attended for a talk but I don't think he did a signing there. (you'll also need to remove the name of the event from the post).

The clue "They have never been to a comic con or signing event where they have signed or done photo ops anywhere in the world..ever." implies that they have in fact attended a comic con, they just don't have signed or done photo ops there.

If they'd never been to any form of comic con they would have said that. So the obvious conclusion is that they've attended... that certain comic con (without naming it) but haven't done a signing there.

Edited by Sam_Carter96