Thoughts for next year

2 hours ago, Broo said:

Sort of on this topic, what's the most photo ops anyone here has bought to have with a guest? Just curious :)

For this year I already have 3 photo ops booked with Peter Capaldi, 1 included in DP, 1 extra, and 1 joint shoot with Pearl Mackie. Although that number might increase if they add more double photo ops with him :P

Usually, though, I stick to only 2 photos per guest maximum, one individual photo and one group photo ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Broo said:

Haha will do when I get on the computer this evening (am logged in on my phone currently) :)

Of course I should say I'm guessing based on my knowledge of Queen and she might be talking about completely different people.

52 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Nerd Who Now I’m thinking I should get a joint photo op with Peter and Pearl!

You should go for it if you’d like to have photos with both of them & can afford it, it’s a great way to meet two amazing guests at the same time! :D

The only time I've booked two photos with the same person at the same event was Dina Meyer. One with just her and one with the Starship Troopers group. I do like her quite a bit :wub::wub:

The only guest for which I've bought two photoshoots with him alone is Stan Lee. LFCC 2014, of course, was to be a once in a lifetime opportunity; but a couple years after, the stars aligned so that my group of friends and I were to another event where he was a guest, and since he's a big inspiration for a NGO that my friends created and I help with, we made a big thing of presenting him with a plaque and having a photoshoot with him, us and the plaque - I know giving gifts to guests in a photoshoot is usually a big no-no, but we made it work!

Also, Aaron Douglas is a bit of a special case, since he's been a guest twice at a convention that I once attended and now manage. So I have a photo with him from the first year where I was an attendee, another one from the second year where I was the manager, and another one from this second year with all the staff - technically I didn't book this, since we include it as a courtesy to the organizer clubs. (I hope this counts as a personal story and does not break the rules about discussing other events!)

At my first convention ever, the guests were Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell. I was so thrilled to be able to have my photo taken with both of them! A few years later, EJO was a guest at LFCC and there was a double photoshoot with him and Jamie Bamber. I could have picked just Jamie, since I already had a photo with Eddie, but a photo with both Adamas was too cool to pass up.

Similar times when I've booked a photo with a guest and the next year have booked a group photo that included them have been: Marina Sirtis / The Next Generation Group, and Hayley Atwell / Agent Carter group. Both are such amazing women that I cannot have enough photos with them!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, MarioVl said:

The only time I've booked two photos with the same person at the same event was Dina Meyer. One with just her and one with the Starship Troopers group. I do like her quite a bit :wub::wub:

The only guest for which I've bought two photoshoots with him alone is Stan Lee. LFCC 2014, of course, was to be a once in a lifetime opportunity; but a couple years after, the stars aligned so that my group of friends and I were to another event where he was a guest, and since he's a big inspiration for a NGO that my friends created and I help with, we made a big thing of presenting him with a plaque and having a photoshoot with him, us and the plaque - I know giving gifts to guests in a photoshoot is usually a big no-no, but we made it work!

Also, Aaron Douglas is a bit of a special case, since he's been a guest twice at a convention that I once attended and now manage. So I have a photo with him from the first year where I was an attendee, another one from the second year where I was the manager, and another one from this second year with all the staff - technically I didn't book this, since we include it as a courtesy to the organizer clubs. (I hope this counts as a personal story and does not break the rules about discussing other events!)

At my first convention ever, the guests were Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell. I was so thrilled to be able to have my photo taken with both of them! A few years later, EJO was a guest at LFCC and there was a double photoshoot with him and Jamie Bamber. I could have picked just Jamie, since I already had a photo with Eddie, but a photo with both Adamas was too cool to pass up.

Similar times when I've booked a photo with a guest and the next year have booked a group photo that included them have been: Marina Sirtis / The Next Generation Group, and Hayley Atwell / Agent Carter group. Both are such amazing women that I cannot have enough photos with them!

OO.. there is someone who should come back.. Dina Meyer. ^_^

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Broo said:

I meant the former, but now I have to know which guests you've had photos with over the years!

(There are a few I know I would get photos with every time they attended haha!)

Well the ones Raylenth had correct were Ben Browder and Alexis Cruz. The ones I added in my response to her are Michael Shanks and Peter Williams. 

Next up would be Claudia Black, then Craig Parker from Lord of The Rings and Anthony Head from Buffy unless I missed a folder, but these three are pretty far back from the first four. Claudia would be higher up in ranking if she wasn't such a rare guest.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Well the ones Raylenth had correct were Ben Browder and Alexis Cruz. The ones I added in my response to her are Michael Shanks and Peter Williams. 

Next up would be Claudia Black, then Craig Parker from Lord of The Rings and Anthony Head from Buffy unless I missed a folder, but these three are pretty far back from the first four. Claudia would be higher up in ranking if she wasn't such a rare guest.

Oh man I don't blame you in the slightest for those repeat photos, I think I would be exactly the same! Particularly Black and Browder, I liked them in SG1 but in Farscape they repeatedly broke my heart (and had me in stitches!) they were incredible <3

Just now, Broo said:

Oh man I don't blame you in the slightest for those repeat photos, I think I would be exactly the same! Particularly Black and Browder, I liked them in SG1 but in Farscape they repeatedly broke my heart (and had me in stitches!) they were incredible <3

Farscape was brilliant.  It is an under rated show and I loved it.

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Farscape was brilliant.  It is an under rated show and I loved it.

Yaaaassss! It was amazing and never held back, you know? Like it wasnt afraid to really 'go there' it just went full throttle in all the ways.

Won't Get Fooled Again remains for me one of the most brilliantly bonkers episodes of television out there, of any genre.

7 minutes ago, Broo said:

Yaaaassss! It was amazing and never held back, you know? Like it wasnt afraid to really 'go there' it just went full throttle in all the ways.

Won't Get Fooled Again remains for me one of the most brilliantly bonkers episodes of television out there, of any genre.

There are too many brilliant ones to mention them all but I loved the whole story about Crichton and all the mental suffering he went through with Harvey.

The eps that particularly stick out for being insane where the one where they had to escape from that tower and the one that was almost entirely a Road Runner episode.

6 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

I'm getting the nagging feeling I should start watching Farscape and I don't know why.....

You should, I highly recommend it.  It gets completely mental at times but it really is good.

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

There are too many brilliant ones to mention them all but I loved the whole story about Crichton and all the mental suffering he went through with Harvey.

The eps that particularly stick out for being insane where the one where they had to escape from that tower and the one that was almost entirely a Road Runner episode.

Oh yeah there were so many brilliant brilliant episodes! And s2 is my favourite exactly for that storyline (Browder was absolutely incredible, what an actor!). I'm sensing a rewatch on the horizon now lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

I'm getting the nagging feeling I should start watching Farscape and I don't know why.....

Do!! It's bonkers and deep and hilarious and heartbreaking and did I mention bonkers cause it's bonkers ;)