Con Blues

HeartDT

We have been going to LFCC for years but this year doesnt look like we'll make it.  Lots of various personal reasons... i am keeping the hope that somehow we will but it is very doubtful.  In a total down as normally i have lots photos booked and buzzing on the different topics.   How do you all cope when you have to miss a con?    My soul hurts

• Sad 1

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

We have been going to LFCC for years but this year doesnt look like we'll make it.  Lots of various personal reasons... i am keeping the hope that somehow we will but it is very doubtful.  In a total down as normally i have lots photos booked and buzzing on the different topics.   How do you all cope when you have to miss a con?    My soul hurts

Its always difficult, I had to miss a show a couple of years ago (which was the first time in a long while) I actually found I enjoyed keeping up to date with social media and seeing what was going on at the show.  I hope that your circumstances change and you can join us...if not... as always, LFCC isn't going anywhere and will be back bigger and better next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys.   I am sure everyone will have a blast and the guest list so far is awesome... so gutted we'll more than likely have to miss out this year but as said always plenty more years.  Still hurts so much tho 

Sorry to hear you won't be able to attend. It must be tough, but sometimes it can't be helped. Just keep in mind that it is just one year, and many of the guests who are coming this year will likely come again in a few years time, so you'll have another chance to see them.

Back to the original topic, I’m sorry you can’t attend this year, but maybe you could consider some less expensive/less time consuming alternatives to still get a bit of the con atmosphere even from home?

Like you could preorder a personalized autograph of a guest you really like from Showmasters’ preorder site, or send in your own items for something even more personal? Or ask some friends if they can grab a couple autos and gadgets for you?

Anyway as everyone’s already said there’ll be plenty of other opportunities in the future, good luck! :D