Latest Guest Announcement - PETER MAYHEW

7 minutes ago, Fotocination said:

why is my post from two days ago deleted? only because I shared my experience? :-O 

I don't know what you posted Foto, so can't comment on that but it would have only been removed if it contravened the rules some how.  I can guess as to what it may have been given what you posted here and if it's been removed, but guests do come on here occasionally so it may have been removed for that.

29 minutes ago, Fotocination said:

why is my post from two days ago deleted? only because I shared my experience? :-O 

I seen the comment myself. It would've been because the mods would've seen it as being disrespectful to Mr, Mayhew, Fotocination.

Edited by wjbleming
Spelling

Great announcement! Met Peter last year, and his wife was chatting to my other half for ages.

Got an auto, so may go for a photo op this year. Would love to see Anthony Daniels added alongside Peter, or maybe even get Joonas, for a double photo op :)

• RoadRunner unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...

I’m a living testament to the power of advertising. It’s so easy to get swamped and lost in the multitude of guests at this con that I completely forgot Peter was going! I got his autograph in Glasgow a couple of years ago but just saw the Showmasters ad on twitter and suddenly remembered he was going and bought a photoshoot. He does not deserve to be so far down the list on the web site IMO. Get him up near the top! Man is an absolute legend!

Edited by Ravogd

7 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

I’m a living testament to the power of advertising. It’s so easy to get swamped and lost in the multitude of guests at this con that I completely forgot Peter was going! I got his autograph in Glasgow a couple of years ago but just saw the Showmasters ad on twitter and suddenly remembered he was going and bought a photoshoot. He does not deserve to be so far down the list on the web site IMO. Get him up near the top! Man is an absolute legend!

There are many people who deserve to be at the top unfortunately.  If it's any consolation I think he was for a bit

One of the interesting things I find is how people’s signatures change over the years for various reasons. I first met Peter about twenty years ago... I’m tempted to get another autograph this time to see how it differs from the last one I got a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away hah hah). Back in the days when Dave Prowse was easily the most expensive at a fiver and you weren’t sure to push the boat out heh.

Careful Nicky. It’s not normally permitted to discuss prices on the forums but markets fluctuate and inflation’s a real b***h. Things go up in cost all the time. The prices aren’t just pulled out of the air they are carefully worked out when the contract is drawn up.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• 2 weeks later...