General Chat

Probably a daft question, but I'm curious to know what other people do. What words do you use to refer to the character of the Doctor? By that, I mean that whenever I talk about the Doctor I refer to the character as 'he', but obviously due to the gender of the 13th it isn't technically correct to refer to the Doctor as 'he'. I will probably keep referring to the character as 'he' for a while longer yet simply because it is what I'm used to, and I have no clue what would be the 'correct' way to refer to the character from now. :D

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Them/they?  Or use the gender of the one you are talking about at the time or just carry on as normal.  He's been male for 50 years so it won't be surprising if people default to male pronouns.

That's what I have been doing, referring to the character as the gender of the incarnation which I am referring to. I imagine it will be easiest if I just remain doing this. :D

11 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

The Doctor is the greatest character from any form of fiction (in my opinion, of course), therefore I like to think that he will win everything. :D 

There speaks a man who hasn't seen My Neighbour Totoro.

14 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

The Doctor is the greatest character from any form of fiction (in my opinion, of course), therefore I like to think that he will win everything. :D 

Doesnt that title belong to Jar Jar... ;)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Eh, excuse me, that's Darth Jar Jar to you! ;)

Haha of course, silly me! I always forget he's the most evil character on top of being the worst er I mean greatest character from fiction... ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Broo said:
1 hour ago, wjbleming said:

Haha of course, silly me! I always forget he's the most evil character on top of being the worst er I mean greatest character from fiction... ;)

Jar Jar is great, you two suck.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, natedammit said:
1 hour ago, Broo said:
1 hour ago, wjbleming said:

Jar Jar sucks, you two are great.

Why thank you! ^_^

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Probably a daft question, but I'm curious to know what other people do. What words do you use to refer to the character of the Doctor? By that, I mean that whenever I talk about the Doctor I refer to the character as 'he', but obviously due to the gender of the 13th it isn't technically correct to refer to the Doctor as 'he'. I will probably keep referring to the character as 'he' for a while longer yet simply because it is what I'm used to, and I have no clue what would be the 'correct' way to refer to the character from now. :D

I’m referring to the Doctor as he for now but when series 11 starts I will say she :D

• Like 1