General Chat

3 hours ago, Kurdamoni said:

Join the club! still got my kidneys...if needs be

Given the awesome guest announcements weve already had and that theres still months to go, i was thinking of selling my soul but internal organs seems a far more sensible approach. Great suggestion!

:P

28 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Chris1970 Your work gives you stuff for you take to the convention?

I asked if it was ok, because those cases are light, sturdy and perfect carrying, plus fit plenty of photos and autos. So in that matter..yes you can say so. Benefit for working there 22 years. :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Or lady....:lol:

27 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

I’ve bought this carry case for my prints and autographs and I’ve got a autograph book but they’re both black so I’m either going to look well prepared or a weird looking businessman! :P

I could really use a good travelling case for my book…

Last year I looked for a great storage option for all my photos and autos among the sellers at LFCC, but I must have missed them. There usually are some who sell stuff for collectors. Usually pricy but worth it. I store mine dark and pretty safe now and make sure I have digital copies.

Do not buy Top Loaders - you can pick them up at many events but they are death for signed pictures - they are semi rigid and are open at the top for you to slide your 8x10's in.  You look at them and think 'great, those will be fabulous for keeping my auto's safe' but they can take the signature off the picture over time

Ultra Pro 3" X 4" Super Clear Premium Toploader (25)

http://www.conservation-by-design.com/category.aspx?id=10 This might be the kind of stuff you mean Chris.  They are expensive but good for collectors as they are archival quality but you can often find cheap alternatives - you just have to look out for stuff that is acid free https://www.londongraphics.co.uk/seawhites-archival-box-50mm-deep have a few items but this is an example.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

Do not buy Top Loaders - you can pick them up at many events but they are death for signed pictures - they are semi rigid and are open at the top for you to slide your 8x10's in.  You look at them and think 'great, those will be fabulous for keeping my auto's safe' but they can take the signature off the picture over time

Ouch! Thanks for the heads up. 

I have framed four favourites and they are in my office..BUT..not the originals. I have printed them from digital copies. Bought a good photo printer last year and I am sure I will extend the amount of framed photos on the wall this year.