General Chat

47 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I have tried both the Posco water based and Sharpie Oil based now, and I have to say that after hearing such good things about the Sharpie ones, I was disappointed. Not sure if it just didn't like the poster I had but the pen did not come out well and was not as vibrant as I would have liked. I think I'll be using the Posco from now on, even though it takes a long time to dry.

It may well have been the poster. I think some surfaces just don’t do paint well whatever the pen. It can be different with different colours too. The Sharpie white comes out really vivid as done the sort of lime green one. The red can be disappointing though which is weird. We found the Posco ones were good too but the time to dry was a deal breaker for us. When a particularly beautiful Billy Dee Williams autograph got virtually completely wiped off my Star Wars box set 2 hours after it was signed it was the last straw. The Sharpies are bone dry within seconds in my experience. 

55 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I have tried both the Posco water based and Sharpie Oil based now, and I have to say that after hearing such good things about the Sharpie ones, I was disappointed. Not sure if it just didn't like the poster I had but the pen did not come out well and was not as vibrant as I would have liked. I think I'll be using the Posco from now on, even though it takes a long time to dry.

Have you posted any pictures on the forum of things you have gotten signed with a Posco pen? 

1 hour ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Have you posted any pictures on the forum of things you have gotten signed with a Posco pen? 

9 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

My Doc Ock, and Ian McKellen autos in the 2018 auto section were done with a Gold Posco

This was with a Posco too, but red isn’t their best colour as it’s a bit pale. Their other colours are much brighter.

35375982_E55_E_424_D_ACD9_EB116_E832_F75

I love the colour of this blue one

60_E3_A034_AF2_A_4_C32_BD84_359_AD2_D72_

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

She was very sweet, super excited to see everyone, and quite chatty. Why do you ask?

Oh, no reason really, there's just this guy I know that saw her at a thing and thought she was ridiculously attractive to the point of distraction. He's a bit weird though.

1 minute ago, natedammit said:

Oh, no reason really, there's just this guy I know that saw her at a thing and thought she was ridiculously attractive to the point of distraction. He's a bit weird though.

Fair enough, she is cute, but I don’t think this ‘guy’ you know is her type. If you know what I mean.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Fair enough, she is cute, but I don’t think this ‘guy’ you know is her type. If you know what I mean.

I think I'm picking up your subtle implication. To be fair though, this guy isn't anyone's type.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Squeezed Peter! :lol:  Yes, more work than on FB or Twitter to get it in correct, I will try different to see how it goes.

Indeed! I’m looking forward to the digital photo ops becoming available because my profile pic has got a glare from the light when I took a photo of it on my phone 

1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

Indeed! I’m looking forward to the digital photo ops becoming available because my profile pic has got a glare from the light when I took a photo of it on my phone 

I have borrowed a scanner from work, then I had a few hours of work scanning it all. :huh:

Edited by Chris1970

51 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I have borrowed a scanner from work, then I had a few hours of work scanning it all. :huh:

I scanned all mine last year but I don't know if I can bring myself to this year, I'm happy enough with my ' photo of a photo' minimal efforts this time round, they're on my phone and they already make me very happy :)

12 hours ago, Broo said:

I scanned all mine last year but I don't know if I can bring myself to this year, I'm happy enough with my ' photo of a photo' minimal efforts this time round, they're on my phone and they already make me very happy :)

I scanned mine last year but this year I got my hands on a better one so I took the chance with them all. Plus it is a way for me to have access to them all, autos and photos, without handling the ”originals”.