General Chat

8 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I actually prefer the classic era of the show to modern Who. I do still love the modern era, but there is a charm to the old episodes that the new series just can't replicate in my opinion. However, some of my favourite episodes of the show are from the modern era, and the 9th Doctor was the first one who I watched, so I have strong memories associated with modern Who. Although I love every Doctor my top 3 are all from the classic era. :D

I loved Peter Cushing’s Doctor surprisingly and I liked the 7th and 4th as well and all of them I suppose :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

I loved Peter Cushing’s Doctor surprisingly and I liked the 7th and 4th as well and all of them I suppose :lol:

If you are talking about ALL of them then strictly speaking you should also like Rowman Atkinson,  Lenny Henry, Hugh Grant, Richard E Grant, Jim Broadbent and Joanna Lumley. There’s one for the completionists :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would really like for Peter Davison to come back to twitter. Having met him in person on the Sunday for the photoshoot he was kind and really put you at ease especially when it's your first convention. I was actually pleasantly surprised that he was announced as part of the lineup considering what some fans put him through on twitter I was worried he might shy away from the convention scene.

1 minute ago, SamA96 said:

I would really like for Peter Davison to come back to twitter. Having met him in person on the Sunday for the photoshoot he was kind and really put you at ease especially when it's your first convention. I was actually pleasantly surprised that he was announced as part of the lineup considering what some fans put him through on twitter I was worried he might shy away from the convention scene.

Janet Fielding just posted this morning on twitter that he is thinking of coming back. I'm sure he will soon enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Don't forget David Warner from the Big Finish series :P

Oh if you're including them then you've also got Geoffrey Bayledon, David Collins, Arabella Weir, and Derek Jacobi.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mark worton said:

Watching the European championships Berlino now that's what a friendly bear should be like :D

Oh right, that guy's a 'friendly bear', but when I go around hugging young people in their sports kit I get put on a list.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

What brand of paint pens do you guys recomend for autographs?

Sharpie oil based ones. They are expensive but SO worth it. My partner uses them for the front of her funko pop boxes. They don’t “blob,” have a medium point and glide effortlessly when writing. They also dry very quickly which at cons is an absolute Godsend. I have yet to meet a guest yet who hasn’t commented about how great they are after they use them. Every single one at LFCC said it this year. They are great on any surface. See my pics in the “what did you get signed” thread (apart from the Simon Bisley one. That was his own paint pen and it blobbed everywhere). Every non-black signature is using those pens.

Edited by Ravogd
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

What brand of paint pens do you guys recomend for autographs?

11 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Sharpie oil based ones. They are expensive but SO worth it. My partner uses them for the front of her funko pop boxes. They don’t “blob,” have a medium point and glide effortlessly when writing. They also dry very quickly which at cons is an absolute Godsend. I have yet to meet a guest yet who hasn’t commented about how great they are after they use them. Every single one at LFCC said it this year. They are great on any surface. See my pics in the “what did you get signed” thread (apart from the Simon Bisley one. That was his own paint pen and it blobbed everywhere). Every non-black signature is using those pens.

I have tried both the Posco water based and Sharpie Oil based now, and I have to say that after hearing such good things about the Sharpie ones, I was disappointed. Not sure if it just didn't like the poster I had but the pen did not come out well and was not as vibrant as I would have liked. I think I'll be using the Posco from now on, even though it takes a long time to dry.

• Thanks 1