General Chat

6 minutes ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

9 days after con I still have post con blues and in doing so have booked a hotel for next year and started saving after not getting David Tennant due to blowing my budget on someone else I will not make the same mistake again :D

It's not every year they announce such a massive name that late but obviously it can happen at any time.  Having a slush fund for those late must haves is probably not a bad idea though

9 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Having a slush fund for those late must haves is probably not a bad idea though

Yeah, and if there's nobody to spend it on, you get to blow it all on slushies afterwards.

Just be careful of the brain freeze.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It's not every year they announce such a massive name that late but obviously it can happen at any time.  Having a slush fund for those late must haves is probably not a bad idea though

It was a lovely surprise and someone that I really really wanted but I must admit by the time I spent the money I already had on guests that I pre planned there wasnt much left having a bit put by is something to consider for next year. I did go over board with pre buying this year after 5 DP Passes and ten pre booked photo shoots Im pretty impressed with who I did get and meet just unlucky it wasnt any of the Doctors :(

9 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Yeah, and if there's nobody to spend it on, you get to blow it all on slushies afterwards.

Just be careful of the brain freeze.

I had a slushie a couple of weeks ago, it was very disappointing.

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

I had a slushie a couple of weeks ago, it was very disappointing.

I don't think I've ever had one. I generally see myself as above that sort of thing, and, to be honest, I'm a little disappointed in you for even trying one. Hopefully you've learned your lesson. 

53 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I don't think I've ever had one. I generally see myself as above that sort of thing, and, to be honest, I'm a little disappointed in you for even trying one. Hopefully you've learned your lesson. 

It was hot.  I was weak.

1 minute ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Also, I'm planning on doing a write-up similar to Wrong Name's, and I would like to know if anyone would actually be interested to read it before I make it. :D

Hey brother Dalek, don't be sucked in to the 21st century vortex of doing things solely based on the perceived interest of others, you do it because you want to do it. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Also, I'm planning on doing a write-up similar to Wrong Name's, and I would like to know if anyone would actually be interested to read it before I make it. :D

1 minute ago, natedammit said:

Hey brother Dalek, don't be sucked in to the 21st century vortex of doing things solely based on the perceived interest of others, you do it because you want to do it. 

As much as I hate agreeing with the bear, in this case I do. Don't write it for other people, that's not what I do. Write it for yourself and try to make it something you want to read and with any luck, other people will want to too.

• Like 4