General Chat

3 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Maybe check the BBC? Here's the link for Kensington, it goes up to LFCC itself, with Thunder on Friday! :unsure:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2645801

Unfortunately the BBC couldn't tell the weather accurately if you took them outside and asked what it was going to be in a 10 meter radius for the next minute.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Where is the most reliable place to check the weather forecast in London? I just checked on storm.no and there it says we are going to get boiled alive. I also checked accuweather and there it says it's going to be in the low 20s and some rain.

The problem with weather forecasts, are that they are essentially trying to predict the future, which is not easy! I use an app called Dark Sky which tends to be pretty accurate, but mainly for the next 24 hours, then it's changeable. The BBC tend to be completely wrong in my view! 

7 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

The problem with weather forecasts, are that they are essentially trying to predict the future, which is not easy! I use an app called Dark Sky which tends to be pretty accurate, but mainly for the next 24 hours, then it's changeable. The BBC tend to be completely wrong in my view! 

I saw short documentary about forcasting weather and predictions can be a thin line to walk depending on where you live, this was focused on Europe. But what struck me was that predictions here is pretty ok up until 48 hours, anything beyond that is generally 80% unsure but they can have a wide view of the situation. Like he said: In July we can promise it wont snow but we cant promise rain. I guess we just have to wait and see, and expect the worst..at least wont get disappointed then.

Edited by Chris1970

2 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Maybe check the BBC? Here's the link for Kensington, it goes up to LFCC itself, with Thunder on Friday! :unsure:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2645801

2 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Thunder! Thunder! Thunder! I love thunder!

With thunder on the Friday it will announce the arrival of Thor just in time for LFCC :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1