General Chat

4 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Well, then I am telling those who do not know. Actually almost half the ppl left when I saw it. 

As I said above.  Unless it was the very first showing then it is possible they have seen it and don't need to stay, I know certain Smithys, people who use their cinema passes to go from one screen to another to see the big Marvel films again.  I myself say IW at the midnight screening and again the next day so I didn't stay to the end on the second visit as I didn't need to.  People probably thought the same of me.

Edited by Raylenth

7 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Well, then I am telling those who do not know. Actually almost half the ppl left when I saw it. 

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

As I said above.  Unless it was the very first showing then it is possible they have seen it and don't need to stay, I know certain Smithys, people who use their cinema passes to go from one screen to another to see the big Marvel films again.  I myself say IW at the midnight screening and again the next day so I didn't stay to the end on the second visit as I didn't need to.  People probably thought the same of me.

What Rayleth says. Plus I imagine a lot of those people who left are not what you would call geeks, yet the majority of people on here are, so you’re preaching to the converted!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

What Rayleth says. Plus I imagine a lot of those people who left are not what you would call geeks, yet the majority of people on here are, so you’re preaching to the converted!

Not preaching anything, just some friendly information for those who might not think about it and maybe going to see the film. There are others than geeks you know, I for one. I only stayed because someone here gave me that information and I am glad I was given it. I am no Marvel or DC geek whatsoever, the cartoons I used to read are less visable these days.

But I will shut up. No problems!

11 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Not preaching anything, just some friendly information for those who might not think about it and maybe going to see the film. There are others than geeks you know, I for one. I only stayed because someone here gave me that information and I am glad I was given it. I am no Marvel or DC geek whatsoever, the cartoons I used to read are less visable these days.

But I will shut up. No problems!

No probs :D I was that "someone" XD

8 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Dude, chill, it was just a turn of phrase! But to let you know, ever since the first Iron Man movie, 10 years ago, MCU films have had scenes during or after the credits. If it’s a Marvel movie, you should always stay. 

I am happy that you are one of the people who know that. You wouldbe really stunned if you saw what I did during some first-screenings of recent Marvel films. 10 years went by and people still don't know...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

I am happy that you are one of the people who know that. You wouldbe really stunned if you saw what I did during some first-screenings of recent Marvel films. 10 years went by and people still don't know...

Honestly, I’m still surprised that there are people out there who don’t know! It’s a very well advertised fact that is mentioned along side any info about the films! In a couple of them, the credit scenes have nearly been better than most the movie!

Just now, Wrong Name said:

Honestly, I’m still surprised that there are people out there who don’t know! It’s a very well advertised fact that is mentioned along side any info about the films! In a couple of them, the credit scenes have nearly been better than most the movie!

Totally agreed. Just a couple of numbers for you:

- Ant-Man and the Wasp early screening - Vilnius, Lithuania -> 2/3 people left right after first credits started rolling

- Ant-Man and the Wasp premiere - Warsaw, Poland -> 1/2 people left

- Avengers: Inifnity War premiere - Berlin, Germany -> 1/2 people left

- Spider-Man: Homecoming premiere - Gdańsk, Poland -> 3/4 people left

- Thor: Ragnarok premiere - Vilnius, Lithuania -> I counted. 54 people stayed. 550 chairs in the cinema. It was sold out. You can do the math.

1 minute ago, Wrong Name said:

There are people who also just don’t care about the after credits scenes too. Especially at premieres as there tends to be a lot of industry types and celebs etc. 

Not in countries I named xD Celebs and crew might appear in US, UK, France, Spain, Italy, possibly Germany. Never in the eastern Europe. So that still remains a mystery XD

1 minute ago, fanowaty said:

Not in countries I named xD Celebs and crew might appear in US, UK, France, Spain, Italy, possibly Germany. Never in the eastern Europe. So that still remains a mystery XD

There are still industry types in those countries. And people associated with them who aren’t exactly Marvel fans but go as they’re invited to a premiere and it makes them look and feel important. 

I bet the regular audiences had a lot less people walk out. I haven’t seen anyone walk out at the start of the credits since Dr Strange, and I saw infinity War 4 times, and each showing was sold out!

8 hours ago, fanowaty said:

ATTENTION ALL WHOVIANS! @R4wly97, @wjbleming, @Matthew Bleming, @Nerd Who and others xd

Looks like we'll be getting a full trailer on THURSDAY. 

Wow, after months without new material we get two trailers in a week, woo hoo! I loved the clip they just released, it’s great that they took the time to shoot a special scenes, but yeah I’m eager to see some actual footage from the episodes and hear some dialogues so I can’t wait for the proper trailer on Thursday. Which is also a week before LFCC, too much Doctor Who at the same time, don’t know if I can cope :lol::P

6 hours ago, tenaciouspirit said:

When that season first aired, I remember being amazed, but also a little nervous, with the bold new direction the show was taking, (I would only have been about 15, and all I knew was the RTD era).

It took me a while to adjust to Matt Smith as the Doctor, in all honesty. Ended up loving him, and he was a brilliant Doctor, all his quirks are so inherently part of the character now. But at first I struggled to see him as “the Doctor”, probably because Tennant was so loved and iconic, or because he was so young, to this day series 5 gives me a weird feeling... This time with Jodie the change has been so drastic and anticipated that probably I’m more prepared, although I’ll still get that funny “where is Capaldi” feeling at first, but it’ll be fine, love what Jodie is doing with the role in the few brief scenes we’ve seen so far :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fanowaty said:

Surely Donny Montell is invited to every big premiere in Lithuania?