General Chat

Just came across this wee article. It's a good sign that Chibnall isn't disregarding the previous series (I know the previous show runners didn't, but still. :smile:)

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-07-15/theres-a-very-subtle-doctor-who-easter-egg-in-jodie-whittakers-first-teaser-trailer/

Edited by wjbleming
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wjbleming said:

Just came across this wee article. It's a good sign that Chibnall isn't disregarding the previous series (I know the previous show runners didn't, but still. :smile:)

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-07-15/theres-a-very-subtle-doctor-who-easter-egg-in-jodie-whittakers-first-teaser-trailer/

I think the closest we've had to disregarding previous series' was Moffat in series 5, with the new screwdriver, new control room,  new Daleks, and no links to previous companions (except River).  

When that season first aired, I remember being amazed, but also a little nervous, with the bold new direction the show was taking, (I would only have been about 15, and all I knew was the RTD era).  I would take that amount of change again this time around though, I ended up really liking the fresh feeling style of series 5. Although it was nice to see more RTD things return as Moffat's tenure ran on (Julian Bleach as Davros, John Simm, the coral control room etc). 

Edited by tenaciouspirit

Thanks everyone. My post definitely wasn't meant as a pity post. It was just really annoying coming on this morning finding such a complaint like you're "being asleep" when you've been trying your utmost for months to keep things running.

Yes, I am planning to go to LFACC, but right now I have no idea if this trip will materialize. I will try to call to speak to the GP first thing tomorrow morning, but as they have been out for 2 weeks I will find myself in a very long queue.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Saw ”Ant-Man And The Wasp” today. Just a heads up for those of you who have not seen it, stay for the end credits. What comes after is worth seeing.

FINALY! It was hard for me not to spoil it for you :D 

Just now, fanowaty said:

You don't even realise how relieved I feel right now.

:lol: Thank you, good to hear. I know it can, sometimes, be hard to hold something back or by accident say one thing too much without knowing, or thinking of it.

Just now, Chris1970 said:

No spoilers given, just information to enhance your experience when the time comes for you to see it.

I know you didn't but I was getting in before anyone did! 

And as for the after credits scene, it's a Marvel movie! I think by now most people should know that you have to stay tim the end!

2 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

And as for the after credits scene, it's a Marvel movie! I think by now most people should know that you have to stay tim the end!

Well, then I am telling those who do not know. Actually almost half the ppl left when I saw it. 

18 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Thanks everyone. My post definitely wasn't meant as a pity post. It was just really annoying coming on this morning finding such a complaint like you're "being asleep" when you've been trying your utmost for months to keep things running.

Yes, I am planning to go to LFACC, but right now I have no idea if this trip will materialize. I will try to call to speak to the GP first thing tomorrow morning, but as they have been out for 2 weeks I will find myself in a very long queue.

Hopefully we will see you there Queen.

17 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Saw ”Ant-Man And The Wasp” today. Just a heads up for those of you who have not seen it, stay for the end credits. What comes after is worth seeing.

3 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Yeah, after 10 years if you have to tell people to stay to the end of the credits they deserve to miss it.