General Chat

11 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

So I got banned from the forum over the weekend but it always seems to be 12.30 in the morning, maybe there’s a secret forum curfew which restricts the amount of time we can go on the forum for, oh wait too late... :P

There's a new rule that people get a temporary ban every time they incorrectly start a post with the word "so".

11 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

So I got banned from the forum over the weekend but it always seems to be 12.30 in the morning, maybe there’s a secret forum curfew which restricts the amount of time we can go on the forum for, oh wait too late... :P

Did you log in from another place? There is an IP switch at that time and you hit a banned IP.

1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

Yey my Mum has decided to come to LFCC, job for the day get another Sunday entry ticket! :D 

35 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

She'll be buying up all the diamond passes before you know it ;)

It was my mums first time going to a convention last year, she bought just 3 photo ops I think and wasn't really planning on getting many signatures. About an hour into it she had me on my phone buying more ops for her :lol: so yeah I can see ticket sales suddenly getting a boost thanks to your mum @R4wly97 ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Broo said:

It was my mums first time going to a convention last year, she bought just 3 photo ops I think and wasn't really planning on getting many signatures. About an hour into it she had me on my phone buying more ops for her :lol: so yeah I can see ticket sales suddenly getting a boost thanks to your mum @R4wly97 ;)

Imagine packing everything and then on the way to London you noticed you forgot your tickets. :P

4 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Imagine packing everything and then on the way to London you noticed you forgot your tickets. :P

And then praising the gods of technology for your etickets ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Broo said:

On a separate note, I've found the poster/print design I want to get signed by Val - redbubble to the rescue!! :)

Best order it quick then. Redbubble can take a while to come through in the post. I've had to wait nearly a month for t shirts before.

44 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Best order it quick then. Redbubble can take a while to come through in the post. I've had to wait nearly a month for t shirts before.

Eep! Cheers for the advice! The seller is uk-based does that make a difference do you know? 

41 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

STOP TYPING AND ORDER IT!

I literally lol'd

22 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I would say it probably does as it doesn't have to come as far. I'd still do it asap to be sure though.

Ordered! Estimated delivery date between 6th and 10th July, wish me luck on that! ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broo said:

I literally lol'd

Ordered! Estimated delivery date between 6th and 10th July, wish me luck on that! ;)

That's good if they are giving you that date then. I must have just been unlucky and always gotten stuff from people in the USA. What did you get?

Edited by Wrong Name

7 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

That's good if they are giving you that date then. I must have just been unlucky and always gotten stuff from people in the USA. What did you get?

Yeah I'll be honest this is the first time I've come across a uk-based seller on redbubble, fortuitous!

This one :) https://www.redbubble.com/people/mcclane83/works/12546601-willow

Thanks again to you and @Raylenth for the nudge! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wrong Name said:

No worries. That looks pretty cool. I really do need to watch this one day.

It is far better than the awful awful dvd design... *shudders*

If you do I would say to keep expectations appropriate, and that is to say, appropriate to a 1980s george lucas-produced fantasy film... so... not massively high ;) but 6yr old me loved it and slightly older me loves the nostalgia of it, and it is fun.

3 minutes ago, Broo said:

It is far better than the awful awful dvd design... *shudders*

If you do I would say to keep expectations appropriate, and that is to say, appropriate to a 1980s george lucas-produced fantasy film... so... not massively high ;) but 6yr old me loved it and slightly older me loves the nostalgia of it, and it is fun.

Just looked up the DVD, and yeah, that's not a great design.

Fair enough. I'm not expecting it to be the movie that fills a hole in my soul or anything, so I think I'll be ok ;)

• Like 1

Hey guys... Taking my 10 month old... we only want to get 2 autos and we have 2 photo ops... is a pushchair best or a baby carrier? Anyone have experience of taking a baby? We are staying in the Hilton next to Olympia so we plan to head back to the hotel when it's really busy.

2 minutes ago, Chunkymonkey_86 said:

Hey guys... Taking my 10 month old... we only want to get 2 autos and we have 2 photo ops... is a pushchair best or a baby carrier? Anyone have experience of taking a baby? We are staying in the Hilton next to Olympia so we plan to head back to the hotel when it's really busy.

Make 'em walk. It's the only way they'll learn.

13 minutes ago, Chunkymonkey_86 said:

No experience of bringing kids to lfcc but I've used a baby carrier more generally for all 3 of my lil demons and given how hot it gets in olympia, I might suggest a pushchair. Bit more awkward obv but I think it might get pretty uncomfortable in the heat. Just my feeling on it though :)