General Chat

42 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

I have to give a presentation about my thesis today, wish me luck. I'm gonna need it :unsure: But still, last day of school forever (hopefully) :clap:

Good luck! :D

11 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

Oh yes you will, gone are the carefree years, now you have to make money...

Yes... Enjoy adulthood bat!

• Thanks 1

Yeah okay, carefree years and all that but school was never something for me. I worked almost every weekend and vacation these last few years and I enjoyed it so much more than sitting in a classroom for 8 hours. I already have to pay everything except my food so nothing is really gonna change for me except paying taxes and stuff. I'm just a guy who likes to work instead of learning stuff that I will never need again in my life :D

Just now, The_batflash123 said:

I'm just a guy who likes to work instead of learning stuff that I will never need again in my life :D

I seem to be the opposite, I can't get enough of learning! Currently coming towards the end of what will be my 19th Year in education :P (from primary school up to now) 

22 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

I seem to be the opposite, I can't get enough of learning! Currently coming towards the end of what will be my 19th Year in education :P (from primary school up to now) 

My 13 years of school was more than enough for me. Working is so much more fun :P

47 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

Yeah okay, carefree years and all that but school was never something for me. I worked almost every weekend and vacation these last few years and I enjoyed it so much more than sitting in a classroom for 8 hours. I already have to pay everything except my food so nothing is really gonna change for me except paying taxes and stuff. I'm just a guy who likes to work instead of learning stuff that I will never need again in my life :D

You'll be surprised with how useful all that knowledge actually is. Not necessarily the subjects you have learned, but all the skills about teamwork, research, getting projects done under a deadline, and taking responsibility for your results even when the people you work with / for are less than competent.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_batflash123 said:

And then comes a partner and the demands will increase, do this do that.. you have to, you must.. So the slavery remains. :lol::P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tenaciouspirit said:

I am also the opposite, stayed til PhD which I finished in 2012. School I don't miss, learning at uni? I'd go again if I could afford to

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The_batflash123 said:

I have to give a presentation about my thesis today, wish me luck. I'm gonna need it :unsure: But still, last day of school forever (hopefully) :clap:

Good luck! :smile:

I finished Senior School about three years ago. I don't miss it! :lol:

• Thanks 1