General Chat

37 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Two cancellations today..the dread of getting closer to the event itself. I was lucky this time but sorry for those who was looking forward to meet Christine and Sylvester.

Every time a new “guest cancellation” thread appears I die a little bit inside, and it’s only just beginning... :unsure: I hope my guest list won’t be affected :crying:

I wasn’t planning on meeting Sylvester or Christine, but I wouldn’t have minded attending their talk in case they had one, so yeah it’s a shame they couldn’t make it :(

I’m getting really anxious whenever I see guest cancellations it’s nail biting stuff because you’re really hoping it’s not one of your guests cancelling or in my case only guest!!

Edited by R4wly97
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

I’m getting really anxious whenever I see guest cancellations it’s nail biting stuff because you’re really hoping it’s not one of your guests cancelling or in my case only guest!!

Unfortunally I can not say it will get easier. There will be more, how many no one knows. So far I have been lucky but the more there are the higher the risk. We just have to wait and hope.

11 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

11 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Unfortunally I can not say it will get easier. There will be more, how many no one knows. So far I have been lucky but the more there are the higher the risk. We just have to wait and hope.

Yeah sadly it's what we all sign up to. My wife's had her two favourite actors cancel at two different conventions now :( Even after all this time attending, I've still yet to have a must meet cancel on me. Fingers crossed we can all be that lucky this year.

Also, the general chat slipped down to page two :o come on people :P

3 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

I mean, it would be very helpful if @Queen_Sindel could unpin some posts off page one (like Sylvester's day change and some older announcements) - as they take quite a lot of space now, and other threads just go down to page two... :(

I am constantly unpinning, believe me on that. The day Change one I missed though, thanks for pointing that out.

As a rule of thumb I am trying to unpin anything older than a month unless there's been recent activity. And even with that strategy we frequently get Posts "OMG I missed that announcement!"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I am constantly unpinning, believe me on that. The day Change one I missed though, thanks for pointing that out.

As a rule of thumb I am trying to unpin anything older than a month unless there's been recent activity. And even with that strategy we frequently get Posts "OMG I missed that announcement!"

@Queen_Sindel Thanks ;) And no problem, I've just spotted it while scrolling, I see that you are unpinnig them from time to time.

But, those 5 bottom posts where created over a month ago now and haven't been replied to since. We could use a bit more space for sure :lol:

13 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Err, yeah they did actually. They looked a bit like this (but with less holes).

Fewer.

(I tried, I really tried not to. I wanted to have a pleasant afternoon but apparently I hate me too much for that so come on, bring on the wrath of Natedammit...)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

How old are you @natedammit ??? :huh:

3 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Too old.

Cut him in half and count his rings

1 minute ago, Broo said:

Fewer.

(I tried, I really tried not to. I wanted to have a pleasant afternoon but apparently I hate me too much for that so come on, bring on the wrath of Natedammit...)

Hah :lol:

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Technically, I am eleven years old. As a care bear, time has less of an effect on me. Sorry, I mean time has fewer of an effect on me. 

Also, please stop talking about my ring. 

We are bored so it's all we talk about