General Chat

20 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

No, we get them alot as I have a forest behind. Those and hedgehogs, badgers and deers. Just have to be careful so you wont get bitten.

I have a family of pigeons and robins in my garden:lol: 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Hey @R4wly97 I had a visitor! ^_^

13177392_10209456395149736_4647219557707

That's not funny! I had a nightmare about an evil snake in my house last night! It was after my dog! And it bit me! Two times! I couldn't sleep after I woke up from it :crying: And now when I check the forum (which is supposed to be a happy thing) I find a picture of a snake!! :crying:

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

That's not funny! I had a nightmare about an evil snake in my house last night! It was after my dog! And it bit me! Two times! I couldn't sleep after I woke up from it :crying: And now when I check the forum (which is supposed to be a happy thing) I find a picture of a snake!! :crying:

I take it you are not House Slytherin :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I am, but that doesn't mean I have to like snakes! :P

I like them, good pest control..just like spiders. I lived in a rural town those years I lived in Australia so I guess I am pretty used to these form of animals, and you took notice of them abit more.

Edited by Chris1970

21 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I like them, good pest control..just like spiders. I lived in a rural town those years I lived in Australia so I guess I am pretty used to these form of animals, and you took notice of them abit more.

Never seen a snake in real life so I find them quite terrifying :(

11 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Never seen a snake in real life so I find them quite terrifying :(

I went back to my old turf in April last year, for the first time since 2001, and the bush (forest) is huge behind the housing area where I lived (If you ever watched Neighbours you know what it looked like where I lived) and I went on a trek this time too and I found this little fella, among other things:

17991213_10212689656499249_2559539302835

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I went back to my old turf in April last year, for the first time since 2001, and the bush (forest) is huge behind the housing area where I lived (If you ever watched Neighbours you know what it looked like where I lived) and I went on a trek this time too and I found this little fella, among other things:

17991213_10212689656499249_2559539302835

What a cutie <3

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

That looks very much like a Brown Snake.  Though I'm probably completely wrong, especially if it were one you would be running very fast in another direction.

Coastal Taipan but yes, Brownies look very much the same. I was 3 m away, not a step closer. 

Edited by Chris1970

I visited an old neighbour and we caught this one, sorry for the blurry image but it I held the camera and tried to keep the #€%€ spider away from me, it is just a Huntsman Spider, not so dangerous but hurts alot when bitten. I have been bitten once when I lived there, it had come into my bed (happens) and I probably turned on it and it bit. my should was very sore for a long time. I am holding it in something the size of a cat carrier box.

17991120_10212689709100564_5575334774779

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

I visited an old neighbour and we caught this one, sorry for the blurry image but it I held the camera and tried to keep the #€%€ spider away from me, it is just a Huntsman Spider, not so dangerous but hurts alot when bitten. I have been bitten once when I lived there, it had come into my bed (happens) and I probably turned on it and it bit. my should was very sore for a long time. I am holding it in something the size of a cat carrier box.

17991120_10212689709100564_5575334774779

Aaaaaand thus solidifies Australia as no.1 on my list of places never ever ever to visit... :no:

• Like 1