General Chat

5 minutes ago, TheBlueSpirit said:

If a guest gets announced for one showmasters con and mot others does this mean they wont be announced at all to those other cons. For example Mads is confirmed for just Collectomania. Does this mean he wont be announced for London?

Pretty much.  If a guest can do multiple events they are usually all announced at the same time.  Guests can sometimes be added for other events later if they become free but you should always assume they can only do the one/s they have been announced for and can't do others.

7 minutes ago, TheBlueSpirit said:

Is this true? Will we get our next guest Friday or is that not true? 

It's not true Blue.  Well it's possible, as it is everyday but the guys are just hoping.  It has not been stated anywhere that there is an announcement due.

18 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It's not true Blue.  Well it's possible, as it is everyday but the guys are just hoping.  It has not been stated anywhere that there is an announcement due.

Yes, just some of us wishing for it, and guessing, and hoping, dreaming...wanting...:rolleyes:

• Like 2

This may be a silly question. Also too much to read through to see if already been mentioned. If you buy a diamond ticket for a guest on Saturday which includes their panel. The panel is on Sunday. Can you go to the panel on Sunday with the Saturday diamond pass? I'm going both days.

15 minutes ago, SueWho said:

This may be a silly question. Also too much to read through to see if already been mentioned. If you buy a diamond ticket for a guest on Saturday which includes their panel. The panel is on Sunday. Can you go to the panel on Sunday with the Saturday diamond pass? I'm going both days.

The Diamond Pass covers the whole weekend, so yes. :smile:

Morning all. Quick question for you regular LFCC attendees. Just wondering whether you could tell me how regularly guests reattend this event ? I ask as theres a few from last year I wouldn't of minded meeting but don't know how likely it is showmasters would get them back the following year. 

11 minutes ago, BenUK1989 said:

Morning all. Quick question for you regular LFCC attendees. Just wondering whether you could tell me how regularly guests reattend this event ? I ask as theres a few from last year I wouldn't of minded meeting but don't know how likely it is showmasters would get them back the following year. 

It can depend. There's the regular guests like Sylvester McCoy, Colin Baker and Jeremy Bulloch, but others are less common and possibly rare. As well as this, SM tend not to have the more uncommon guests at the same show 2 years in a row.

If you dont mind my asking, who is it you're hoping to meet/missed out on last year?

Edited by wjbleming
Autocorrect.
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BenUK1989 said:

Ha you pipped me! :lol:

Yeah, outside of the ones Leming has mentioned there's no real 'regular' guest.  They have had Mads 3 times now but that's pretty rare.  There's usually a few years between repeat attendances.

It's not unheard of to have people back - If Cumbers is available/wants to do it they aren't going to say no for example as they know he will always be popular, and if a guest has in had a big release that they are getting other people for they would probably ask them back but it's best to assume they won't be back immediately.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wjbleming said:

It can depend. There's the regular guests like Sylvester McCoy, Colin Baker and Jeremy Bulloch, but others are less common and possibly rare. As well as this, SM tend not to have the more uncommon guests at the same show 2 years in a row.

If you dont mind my asking, who is it you're hoping to meet/missed out on last year?

Dean Cain, Richard Dean Anderson and Christopher Judge. 

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

Ha you pipped me! :lol:

Yeah, outside of the ones Leming has mentioned there's no real 'regular' guest.  They have had Mads 3 times now but that's pretty rare.  There's usually a few years between repeat attendances.

Ah ok thank you. Fingers crossed they break that pattern for this year

2 minutes ago, BenUK1989 said:

Dean Cain, Richard Dean Anderson and Christopher Judge. 

RDA has been over a few times so is a repeat guest and they are good about getting other Stargate people over so you never know but as RDA in particular is effectively retired I assume if he could attend he would have been announced by now. 

But again, you never know.

I'd assume they won't be attending as that's probably most likely and if they are announced yay!

Ok and one last question for you guys in regards to the Stargate cast. In previous years have they usually been announced by now ? I know this question will really be testing your memories but hoping if there usually late announcements there still might be a chance

6 minutes ago, BenUK1989 said:

Ok and one last question for you guys in regards to the Stargate cast. In previous years have they usually been announced by now ? I know this question will really be testing your memories but hoping if there usually late announcements there still might be a chance

No idea Ben, you can look through the previous events to find their announcements if you want.  But to be honest that really isn't an indicator.  Statistically speaking the announcement of any one particular guest is astonishingly small so I think it's always appropriate to assume the people you want won't be announced, as statistically they are unlikely to be.  That way you don't build expectations up, assuming because they have been before they will be again.

Then if they are announced, it's all good but you aren't banking on it.

It's possible they may be announced, even late, they may suddenly become free, but again it's equally and more likely that they won't be.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1