General Chat

Guilty.

Is "hover head" a thing?  I sorta leaned my head on [redacted]'s shoulder, and then at the last minute realized I didn't actually ask if I could do that, so I just sorta held my head at an angle.  Like my hair was a protective force field or something.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

the last one thing I want to do is make him feel uncomfortable and make myself look like a complete weirdo! 

I’ve read that at a recent event someone asked him if they could stare at his hair while the photo was taken, and he said yes, so just hugging him would be even too normal, the concept of weird is quite relative :lol::P

2 hours ago, tompain100 said:

Then please please please avoid a case of 'hover hand'. It looks so cringe in photos.

I think R4 wouldn’t give up the chance to touch Mr Capaldi, am I right? :P:P:P

Sometimes celebrities do the hover hand too, though, and it’s not always seen as negative. I remember a post on social media praising Tom Hiddleston for doing the hover hand because he wasn’t touching people without their consent.

Edited by Nerd Who
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nerd Who said:

I’ve read that at a recent event someone asked him if they could stare at his hair while the photo was taken, and he said yes, so just hugging him would be even too normal, the concept of weird is quite relative :lol::P

I think R4 wouldn’t give up the chance to touch Mr Capaldi, am I right? :P:P:P

Maybe @R4wly97 can ask to stare at his "Attack Eyebrows" :lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

That would just ruin the game! Skyrim :wub:

You say that, but it runs nicely on the switch, and the screen is about the size of two phones.

9 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

I have a gaming computer as well if that helps!

Is this where I start a war by mentioning I have an xbox one :P

Edited by tenaciouspirit

10 hours ago, Broo said:

See what other folks are doing for their photos who are ahead of you in the line, I'm confident more than one will be asking for a hug and you can use that to gauge what you feel comfortable asking for and what you feel he'll be comfortable doing :) x

Or buy another photo and don't get it at the same time as your diamond one, specifically come back later in the session.  that way you can have the first one done and get your nerves out of the way, then go back and ask for a hug in the second one :lol:

10 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

@Broo Yeah that’s a good idea, the last one thing I want to do is make him feel uncomfortable and make myself look like a complete weirdo! 

Believe me, asking for a hug will not make you a weirdo.  Asking to lick his eyebrows would though.

10 hours ago, Broo said:

Hover hand? Dare I ask?

It's mainly a male on female thing so particularly affects male attendees being conscious of not being to touchy with the female guests.  Most of the female attendees just go straight in for a hug with the male guests ;)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Or buy another photo and don't get it at the same time as your diamond one, specifically come back later in the session.  that way you can have the first one done and get your nerves out of the way, then go back and ask for a hug in the second one :lol:

Did this for RDA last year actually, best decision ever, the second photo was far better than the first (which was a total deer in headlights look) and, you know, hug :wub:. Buy two photo ops. Buy five.

buy+all+the+things+credit+card.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Broo said:

Did this for RDA last year actually, best decision ever, the second photo was far better than the first (which was a total deer in headlights look) and, you know, hug :wub:. Buy two photo ops. Buy five.

Buy two, get free hug? ^_^

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Broo said:

I had a similar experience with Jason David Frank (Power Rangers), over the 2015 and 2016 cons. The 2015 autograph and photo passed by in such a flurry, and it was one of only a couple of times that I felt a bit upset walking away from a guest, because I hadn't made the most of it (JDF was lovely, but I was a bundle of nerves). But I was a lot calmer in 2016, and had a really good experience. He even recorded a video on my phone

Edited by tenaciouspirit

I think I’m just going to see how it goes at the photo op on the day, sometimes the best photo ops are the spontaneous ones, I can remember when I met Colin Baker I was just going to pose normally but he could sense I was nervous so we ended up having a hugging photo :wub:

1 hour ago, tenaciouspirit said:

I had a similar experience with Jason David Frank (Power Rangers), over the 2015 and 2016 cons. The 2015 autograph and photo passed by in such a flurry, and it was one of only a couple of times that I felt a bit upset walking away from a guest, because I hadn't made the most of it (JDF was lovely, but I was a bundle of nerves). But I was a lot calmer in 2016, and had a really good experience. He even recorded a video on my phone

Oh that's wonderful to hear you had such a positive second experience with him, video recording too? Amazing :wub:

• Like 2