General Chat

7 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

I even bring tickets I dont even need. :lol:  Mels? God, that makes her sound like a bar owner during the 1920's prohibition era in the US. :huh:

You been to the SM Con in Belfast? If so, how was it?

4 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

@wjbleming I have many names :lol:

How was SM Belfast?

Hopefully it's alright with the mods, but I've stuck my thoughts in the Belfast sub forum. :smile:

Edited by wjbleming

1 minute ago, R4wly97 said:

@Chris1970 My sister loves watching these paranormal investigator programmes and then wonders why she can’t sleep at nigh:lol:

I do too, but I sleep well. Some stories are pretty good while others are abit too much. If we exclude the ghosts in the shows it can sometimes be great stories told from the passed.

I used to watch Most Haunted' back in the day, and then it was revealed that Derek Acorah was just an absolute fraud pratting about making up spiritual encounters.

Looking back now, I can't believe I ever considered him to ever be legit :sad:

Just now, tompain100 said:

I used to watch Most Haunted' back in the day, and then it was revealed that Derek Acorah was just an absolute fraud pratting about making up spiritual encounters.

It is a very sensitive subject to touch, just like Bigfoot, Yeti, Nessie, Vampires...etc etc. Folklore is deeply rooted.

2 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

It is a very sensitive subject to touch, just like Bigfoot, Yeti, Nessie, Vampires...etc etc. Folklore is deeply rooted.

I don't believe in mediums at the best of times, but especially not Derek :angry:

This is from the Wiki page of the show:

"On several occasions the former Spiritualist medium Derek Acorah was supposedly possessed by an entity, sometimes evil or sometimes "lost and confused". Two such cases exposed Acorah. Before the filming, Acorah had been fed misinformation twice about the non-existent ghosts of Kreed Kafer and Rik Eedles by the show parapsychologist Dr. Ciarán O' Keeffe (under instruction from Karl Beattie, according to Bad Psychics website). During the investigations, later broadcast, Acorah presented the information as fact and even behaved as though being possessed by the fictional ghosts. O'Keeffe later revealed in the Daily Mirror that Kreed Kafer and Rik Eedles were anagrams of 'Derek Faker' and 'Derek Lies'"

:lol: What a clown.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, tompain100 said:

I don't believe in mediums at the best of times, but especially not Derek :angry:

This is from the Wiki page of the show:

"On several occasions the former Spiritualist medium Derek Acorah was supposedly possessed by an entity, sometimes evil or sometimes "lost and confused". Two such cases exposed Acorah. Before the filming, Acorah had been fed misinformation twice about the non-existent ghosts of Kreed Kafer and Rik Eedles by the show parapsychologist Dr. Ciarán O' Keeffe (under instruction from Karl Beattie, according to Bad Psychics website). During the investigations, later broadcast, Acorah presented the information as fact and even behaved as though being possessed by the fictional ghosts. O'Keeffe later revealed in the Daily Mirror that Kreed Kafer and Rik Eedles were anagrams of 'Derek Faker' and 'Derek Lies'"

:lol: What a clown.

Omg can’t believe this that’s hilarious! :lol:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, tompain100 said:

So did I, but Kreed Kafer and Rik Edles got him for me. :(

34 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Stop.

Let me get this clear.

Two people here - two of the more sensible seeming people - have just admitted to thinking that Derek Acorah (with the help of his invisible friend Sam) was genuinely communicating with dead people?

I was 16. I was young. Immature. I'd go on, but I'd just be feeding the bear. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1