General Chat

12 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Cant know all the series my dear @Broo

:crying:

But Firefly is not just any show. Yes, it's about space cowboys, which you may or may not find the coolest thing ever. But that's not what makes it special. What makes Firefly stand out is that all of its characters are complex, three dimensional people with flaws, nuances and layers; and above all, the dialogue is perfect. Each and every line that is said, and what is left unsaid, manages to be cool and clever in itself and also move the plot forward and also tell you tons of info about the character.

I guess everyone will say something similar about their favourite show. But I really do think Firefly is something else.

Also, it died a very early death, which is a pity, but in exchange, it's only 14 episodes and one movie. You don't need to invest a lot of time to be up to date, and it didn't have time to get stale and have mediocre episodes. the movie gives a very decent ending to the main story, which is unique for series that were cancelled early. And if you really want to know more, any and all plot threads that may be left dangling in the show are resolved in the comics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarioVl said:

But Firefly is not just any show. Yes, it's about space cowboys, which you may or may not find the coolest thing ever. But that's not what makes it special. What makes Firefly stand out is that all of its characters are complex, three dimensional people with flaws, nuances and layers; and above all, the dialogue is perfect. Each and every line that is said, and what is left unsaid, manages to be cool and clever in itself and also move the plot forward and also tell you tons of info about the character.

I guess everyone will say something similar about their favourite show. But I really do think Firefly is something else.

Also, it died a very early death, which is a pity, but in exchange, it's only 14 episodes and one movie. You don't need to invest a lot of time to be up to date, and it didn't have time to get stale and have mediocre episodes. the movie gives a very decent ending to the main story, which is unique for series that were cancelled early. And if you really want to know more, any and all plot threads that may be left dangling in the show are resolved in the comics.

Then for me it is like Terra Nova, just one season. I liked that series very much and it pi**ed me off it got cancelled. And I heard of a work mate the Firefly movie was like a "panic ending" because fans wanted an ending and it wasn't so good, more of a let down he said. They thought of the same with Terra Nova but never happened. I have tweeted both with Jason O'Mara and Stephen Lang about that series and they thought it should have been given a better ending.

I watched Terra Nova it did have potential but didn't deliver for me. Firefly is WAY better. And I loved Serenity (the film) too.

(just on a side note, although both these series were cancelled after one season and are sci fi, there's no real point in comparing them as they are very different from each other)

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Remember, Nate, you still have that restraining order from last time you told someone to do that.

You enjoyed doing it though.

1 minute ago, touchthesky said:

I’ve already done that twice this week. 

Step it up to level 2 then. Pee up a tree.