General Chat

1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

The best thing about coming back off holiday in the middle of the week has been the fact that I have already finished work for this week, only done 2 days so until Monday I’m going to be on this forum like

200w.gif

I am working all weekend so will try to be here now and then. I am doing my first day of the week today Friday, seems odd, but that is how my work schedule looks like.

6 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

@Broo So who will it be this year?

So far the folks I'm booked with I'm feeling "normal" excited for so perhaps have a chance at retaining some semblance of dignity. Still a few months to go though... ;)

20 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Take a visit to the Kingdom of Caring and we'll sort you out.

Fabulous, I'll just head on over to the eventbrite site and buy myself an entry ticket now then...

...ergh, sold out, typical!

• Like 1

If you guys could see the lengths I’ve gone to, to try and flatten my autograph print out you’d laugh, arrived in a poster tube and it keeps rolling up so I’ve been putting all sorts of heavy objects on top of it, so far I’m winning the battle, it’s wedged between two pieces of cardboard and has an encyclopaedia on top of it and it’s staying there until July!! :lol:

11 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

If you guys could see the lengths I’ve gone to, to try and flatten my autograph print out you’d laugh, arrived in a poster tube and it keeps rolling up so I’ve been putting all sorts of heavy objects on top of it, so far I’m winning the battle, it’s wedged between two pieces of cardboard and has an encyclopaedia on top of it and it’s staying there until July!! :lol:

I heard that if you sprinkle it with vinegar then gently roast it over a naked flame, whilst singing the theme tune to 'Going for Gold', that totally helps.

18 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Iron it. Put a couple of tea-towels over the top with the print faced down to the board. Set the iron to the lowest heat and keep it moving. Don't do it for very long, keep it short just to flatten a bit as the ink could start to get ruined.

I understand people stress about damage from un/re rolling them multiple times to get them out of poster tubes but as long as you take sensible care it's fine.  Especially for only one event, it's more long term that the edges can get a bit worn.  If it's for signing you and the guest/crew will just aid in holding it to be signed.