General Chat

12 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Are they still going on about that? It was one time, drop it already!

You aren't known as Wrong Stinky Pants Name for no reason

10 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Why havent they made a movie about that, yet..:huh: :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I'll probably regret saying this from how everyone responds, but I can't resist...

They did, it's called Ghostbusters 2016.

I was going to say it would be a Michael Bay film.  The Thames would explode at the end.

9 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

tumblr_mp8rdhr7pE1r3h7j6o1_400.gif

Any Hannibal gif wins as well

52 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

Well, if Showmasters (and any store in the UK) accepted Euros it’d be so much easier for me personally to pay without exchanging money or paying extra fees on my credit card, but I can’t really expect that to happen since the legal currency in the UK is Pound Sterling, can I? Money is money but not all money is accepted in all countries, that’s why money exchange is a thing :P

That’s a completely different scenario to the one here, and also I checked and Scottish bank notes are legal tender and should be accepted in England without question 

56 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

Well, if Showmasters (and any store in the UK) accepted Euros it’d be so much easier for me personally to pay without exchanging money or paying extra fees on my credit card, but I can’t really expect that to happen since the legal currency in the UK is Pound Sterling, can I? Money is money but not all money is accepted in all countries, that’s why money exchange is a thing :P

And a moneymaker, dont forget about that..banks and exchange companies makes alot of money on exchange fees....our money

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

That’s a completely different scenario to the one here, and also I checked and Scottish bank notes are legal tender and should be accepted in England without question 

I actually asked a mate of mine that work for RBS, asked him on a chat..he wrote:

Businesses in England are not forced to accept bank notes printed by the seven Scottish and Northern Irish banks plus english or welsh shops aren't familiar with them and choose not to accept them and they are forced to keep them apart from the english pound..extra work so to speak... The border area of England is easier..but the further south you go the harder it gets.

Edited by Chris1970

I'm from bonnie Scotland and my understanding is that Scottish notes are legal tender and have to be accepted. I've been to some places that have outright refused to let us pay with them though (bit awkward... lol) but I used Scottish notes last year at lfcc and there weren't any problems. Just stating my experience, maybe something @Queen_Sindel might be able to clarify?

1 minute ago, Broo said:

I'm from bonnie Scotland and my understanding is that Scottish notes are legal tender and have to be accepted. I've been to some places that have outright refused to let us pay with them though (bit awkward... lol) but I used Scottish notes last year at lfcc and there weren't any problems. Just stating my experience, maybe something @Queen_Sindel might be able to clarify?

A Scottish guest would be easier :lol: Capaldi a charm in other words.. :P

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

That Sweden still has kr as currency always make me forget that they're a part of EU :WINCE:

Haha! Our are much more prettier than the boring Euro's ones reason to keep them. Danes the same.

Edited by Chris1970

2 minutes ago, twiga said:

Hello lovely people

Has anyone ever noticed any stalls selling vinyl soundtracks before? I'm relatively new to owning a record player so have never really looked before!

Ta! :D

Not that I can remember. That doesn't mean there haven't been though!

2 minutes ago, twiga said:

Hello lovely people

Has anyone ever noticed any stalls selling vinyl soundtracks before? I'm relatively new to owning a record player so have never really looked before!

Hmm... Not that I have noticed or remember 

8 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

We scandinavians should stick together and keep our precious kr ;)

Too right we should! B) We have an actress on the 100..Greta Garbo. I like this one the best.

sedlar_100.jpg Greta Garbo.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, twiga said:

Hello lovely people

I have just discussed records with colleagues and this place was recommended for second hand stuff https://reckless.co.uk/ and is in Soho if you can get there.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Broo said:

I’m from Scotland as well, and when you have a limit to how much money you can lift daily, then it becomes a bit of a problem when trying to get autographs and so forth 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

I’m from Scotland as well, and when you have a limit to how much money you can lift daily, then it becomes a bit of a problem when trying to get autographs and so forth 

To confirm Scottish notes are legal tender and should be accepted.

• Like 2