General Chat

23 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Mr Leming hasn't gone back to his original one, I've just noticed his has changed on reset.  Mine slightly different to the original as well ;)

Only cos I was having trouble reuploading the original due to size constraints. :( lol

Edited by wjbleming
Autocorrect.

1 minute ago, wjbleming said:

Only cos I was having trouble responding the original due to size constraints. :( lol

It's an absolute sod trying to get them to work isn't it.  I've now created a profile picture folder on my computer where all the small Cumberpics I found are saved for easy use.  But the original picture similar one to what I'm using now was a real 'bear' to get down to size in the first place.

Thankfully I saved a copy so if I go back to it I don't have to faff around with it again.

Did anyone else see Jeremy Clarksons column in the Sun on Saturday was moaning about the celebs charging for selfies at this years LFCC what he was talking about was the photo shoots why let the truth spoil a false story 

10 minutes ago, mark worton said:

Did anyone else see Jeremy Clarksons column in the Sun on Saturday was moaning about the celebs charging for selfies at this years LFCC what he was talking about was the photo shoots why let the truth spoil a false story 

Clarkson and truth and the Sun is a strange combination. He is just moaning he cant be there.

1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

It was all a dream, all the bear profile pictures have gone! :lol:

Or was it a nightmare...???

It was great fun actually, even though I felt a bit guilty afterwards being mean to a couple of people for no reason :P

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Mr Leming hasn't gone back to his original one, I've just noticed his has changed on reset.  Mine slightly different to the original as well ;)

Lol I’ve noticed almost everyone who was a bear yesterday has changed profile picture now because nobody can be bothered to edit the old one again to fit the forum size :P:P:P

34 minutes ago, mark worton said:

When Peter Capaldi was announced I’ve seen a couple of articles accusing him of charging too much, and they were clearly written by people who don’t know (or pretend not to know) anything about how convention works. They probably don’t know what photo ops are. They just want to write clickbait articles.

8 hours ago, mark worton said:

It's the 'popular' thing I think to try and be negative about events such as these. Think there was an article written about last year's event by some joyless human version of a bitter gone-off lemon taking the usual superior mocking stance. Just makes me roll my eyes tbh.

5 minutes ago, Broo said:

It's the 'popular' thing I think to try and be negative about events such as these. Think there was an article written about last year's event by some joyless human version of a bitter gone-off lemon taking the usual superior mocking stance. Just makes me roll my eyes tbh.

Plus a standard human thing to do, especially things or events you wont or even consider taking part in. I could mock sport in eternity but I respect those who are interested. But some people can not or do not want to accept that we are not the same or have same interests. The best way to handle these people are with silence, ignore, and not giving them a minute of attention because if we do they got their will. Some enjoy it actually.

3 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Plus a standard human thing to do, especially things or events you wont or even consider taking part in. I could mock sport in eternity but I respect those who are interested. But some people can not or do not want to accept that we are not the same or have same interests. The best way to handle these people are with silence, ignore, and not giving them a minute of attention because if we do they got their will. Some enjoy it actually.

Oh yes I agree of course, it's a common human thing but I think there is something to be said about an interest considered to be mainstream vs an interest considered to deviate, with the latter more a target of derision than the former. But that's me going off on a bit of a tangent there, just to say I agree totally that the best way to deal with it is to not pay it much attention or just outright ignore :)

22 minutes ago, Broo said:

Oh yes I agree of course, it's a common human thing but I think there is something to be said about an interest considered to be mainstream vs an interest considered to deviate, with the latter more a target of derision than the former. But that's me going off on a bit of a tangent there, just to say I agree totally that the best way to deal with it is to not pay it much attention or just outright ignore :)

But, it is funny though..there are people who make a living about putting other people down. Personal insecurity a good friend of mine told me. Jealousy perhaps, or just dont understand what it is all about and the only way they can tackle it is by ridicule it and others. My view is just be silent and let others be happy, just because you arent..dont do it to others.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Broo said:

I don't normally read those sort of articles but the one last year was brought to my attention and was a HORRIBLE read, I have to totally agree with you I do despair at these sort of write ups.

27 minutes ago, StuartG2198 said:

I don't normally read those sort of articles but the one last year was brought to my attention and was a HORRIBLE read, I have to totally agree with you I do despair at these sort of write ups.

True, and I hardly ever read them as well. Luckily most of them pass me by without me noticing them. Funny enough the cons we have where I live has become more and more noticed in the big media, and only positive reviews..how they bring people together to share a common interest and create new. 

• Like 1