General Chat

I used to love Superted back in the day! You do have to wonder about what people were on when they came up with these things. What exactly is Spotty? (other than perhaps an early version of Yondu from Guardians of the Galaxy?!) And why was a Teddy Bear's enemy a cowboy called Texas Pete? And Texas Pete had sidekicks too, an idiot called Bulk, and for some reason a skeleton, called... Skeleton.

1 hour ago, Wrong Name said:

I used to love Superted back in the day! You do have to wonder about what people were on when they came up with these things. What exactly is Spotty? (other than perhaps an early version of Yondu from Guardians of the Galaxy?!) And why was a Teddy Bear's enemy a cowboy called Texas Pete? And Texas Pete had sidekicks too, an idiot called Bulk, and for some reason a skeleton, called... Skeleton.

Amusingly as bonkers-sounding as SuperTed is, it was one of the more normal cartoons out there. Think everyone was on something back in the 80s... ;)

39 minutes ago, Broo said:

Amusingly as bonkers-sounding as SuperTed is, it was one of the more normal cartoons out there. Think everyone was on something back in the 80s... ;)

I agree that some concepts in the 80's were way out there but I'm still not sure I'd put SuperTed on the normal side of that! What ones would you say have weirder setups than ST?

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Bananaman?

When Eric eats a banana...

This was one that came to mind. Also Bravestarr, bucky o'hare, attack of the killer tomatoes, even TMNT is a weird concept - turtle martial arts heroes who eat pizza are mentored by a rat and fight a pink jelly brain residing in the stomach of a robot - it just happened to be awesome ;) there are others that just won't come to mind at the mo

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

Had this when I was were my early teens (early to mid 80's)...both comics and short movies on TV, that and a stone age kid called Bobbo...

23465972.jpg

I'm going with furry Lychees.  Yeah, lychee.