General Chat

On 3/26/2018 at 7:44 PM, Chris1970 said:

Thanks! Outside Royal Haymarket Theatre November last year, cold and windy but we had a really nice chat ^_^

I'm a huge Natalie Dormer fan myself, so I just had to get a ticket for Venus In Fur. I saw it in October. Natalie was so lovely to everyone! During the times I met her, because of how shy I am, I was really nervous. Natalie made me feel at ease, though, and we had lovely little chats! :smile:

Edited by ChloeLou
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChloeLou said:

I'm a huge Natalie Dormer fan myself, so I just had to get a ticket for Venus In Fur. I saw it in October. Natalie was so lovely to everyone! During the times I met her, because of how shy I am, I was really nervous. Natalie made me feel at ease, though, and we had lovely little chats! :smile:

I met her first time on set for Casanova..sooo long ago. :wacko: Since then a few times, most surprising in Australia last year at the time she shot Picnic at the Hanging Rock. So nice and wonderful to talk to, we talked about all kind of stuff. Always close to a laugh. :wub:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kurdamoni said:

Wow I can't look past all the negative comment on Facebook about Christopher Eccleston...so sad that people can't be happy for others! I too am not interested in him, but At least be happy for the Whovians :o

People just don't understand that not all the guests are for them :(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

Wow I can't look past all the negative comment on Facebook about Christopher Eccleston...so sad that people can't be happy for others! I too am not interested in him, but At least be happy for the Whovians :o

Aw really? :( Can't understand folks being like that :(

Unfortunately it happens every time they announce a 'big' guest because people then expect it to be the person they want, especially when they read into the wording that it's confirmation of who they are thinking of.  I get disappointment, especially if you have read the wording one way.  I don't get people who are experienced at events, building up their hope and expecting it to be who they want.

It's not unique to Showmasters, social media is filled with demands from very entitled people.

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Unfortunately it happens every time they announce a 'big' guest because people then expect it to be the person they want, especially when they read into the wording that it's confirmation of who they are thinking of.  I get disappointment, especially if you have read the wording one way.  I don't get people who are experienced at events, building up their hope and expecting it to be who they want.

It's not unique to Showmasters, social media is filled with demands from very entitled people.

What is good about this forum is that it is controlled, twitter and fb you can get all kinds of nasty comments.

Yes, people build up alot through what is written, like this time with Harrison Ford mention alot. But the fun thing though is that Ecclestone was mention alot too, especially closer to today.

I must be one of extremely few that has not seen anything of Mr Ecclestones work so it comes natural I have no connection but I do understand how important he us for the whovians and I share their joy. Like I know many share my joy with mine. 

9 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

So true, why must it be so hard to be happy for other fans. This is an early Xmas for many whovians and I am happy for them. Just be a true sport and take part in their day of joy.

The thing that grinds me is when people blame SM when they are disappointed because they chose to get all hyped up. Hype is a two way street between the original post and the reaction. I think people have to look at their expectations before blaming Showmasters

• Like 2

Just now, tenaciouspirit said:

The thing that grinds me is when people blame SM when they are disappointed because they chose to get all hyped up. Hype is a two way street between the original post and the reaction. I think people have to look at their expectations before blaming Showmasters

Well said!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

Reasonable people do.  The unreasonably don't unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

I met her first time on set for Casanova..sooo long ago. :wacko: Since then a few times, most surprising in Australia last year at the time she shot Picnic at the Hanging Rock. So nice and wonderful to talk to, we talked about all kind of stuff. Always close to a laugh. :wub:

I love Casanova! I'm so excited to see Picnic At Hanging Rock which will be airing in May. Yes, Natalie is wonderful to talk to! I made her laugh last year during the photoshoot session and it was such an amazing moment! :smile:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

I totally agree with this & have quoted this to the letter in the LFCC group on FB....

Only to be replied with "The word "legendary" always leads to overhype, which is SM's fault." 

You just can't make some people see any sense.

• Like 1

I have actually left the group now after a lighthearted post was met with a money brag.... I HATE money brags.

I don't care if you can afford to go to every event, get photos & autos from every guest & have them framed in gold on your toilet wall.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Starbuck73 said:

I have actually left the group now after a lighthearted post was met with a money brag.... I HATE money brags.

I don't care if you can afford to go to every event, get photos & autos from every guest & have them framed in gold on your toilet wall.

Yeah, it's great if you can. Go for it, sure! There's just no need to rub it in with everyone else. :smile:

1 hour ago, ChloeLou said:

I love Casanova! I'm so excited to see Picnic At Hanging Rock which will be airing in May. Yes, Natalie is wonderful to talk to! I made her laugh last year during the photoshoot session and it was such an amazing moment! :smile:

I was abit worried to meet her in November is it was the third time in a year and I was thinking like ”oh, you again” :lol: but she was fine and after I reminded her of my gift to her in July she remembered it was me, again. I explained it was by chance I met her in Australia and not stalking her all over the world, made her laugh. :D I would love to meet her again whenever there is a chance.

• Like 1